QUACKERs.... Part 3

Old 09-14-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OpheliaKatz View Post
Bittersweetlove,

That reminds me of this:

Me: You've been in the garage for four hours doing drugs.
A: I wasn't doing drugs the whole time, I was meditating.
That's great. I use to get so frustrated trying to make sense of it but then realized logic went out the window awhile ago.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:15 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bittersweetlove View Post
That's great. I use to get so frustrated trying to make sense of it but then realized logic went out the window awhile ago.
Yes!Yes! Where did logic go? Or empathy? Even a simple conversation turns upside down. I really think I'm the one that makes no sense thinking this stuff can change.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:39 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Praying

I go downstairs to sleep when he drinks because otherwise I get none. Generally I also wear earplugs so I don't wake up to the sounds of falling down, endless peeing with the bathroom door open, etc. Last night, at some point I took them out. Well, I woke up very early this morning to him talking pretty loudly up in the bedroom. It sounded like a conversation. So, nosy, irritated me, creeps up the stairs because there was an issue a few months ago with him talking to some woman on the phone. Yep. He sure sounded like he was on the phone, and since I knew that he would either say I made it up or that I had misheard, etc. I turned on my video camera to record the audio from under the bedroom door. Sure enough, before even a minute elapsed, he was saying, "I want to know how you feel about this long, long, long conversation?", short pause, then "I hoped you'd have more to say. But, it's cool. Don't you have to train tomorrow?" Another short pause, "Okay, well go to bed. Get your rest. Go to bed, honey." Another pause..."Well, I love you. I will always love you. You're my heart, soul, mind, body, and strength, just below Jesus!"

I cut off the recorder then and went downstairs, hurt and angry of course. Figured I'd tell him about it when he was sober, give him a chance to be honest. First of course he tried to tell me I was crazy and imagined or made it up. Check. Then, I informed him of the recording and played it for him. I seriously thought he'd come clean, but no! He said at first that he was "praying" and listening for God's response. I told him I'm not an idiot and so now he says he must have been hallucinating. I'm absolutely floored, yet not! This is totally not ok with me, and I think that was the straw that has broken this camel's back. I've prayed about it, trying to decide what to do, going to the soonest Al-Anon meeting in my area, which is Saturday, I'm a newbie at Al-Anon, no sponsor yet, no phone numbers from any other members, so nobody to talk to about this. However, even in my messed up state of mind, I have too much self respect for this kind of bologna. I think it's time I do better for myself. I deserve it.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:54 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PaintMePatient View Post
I informed him of the recording and played it for him. I seriously thought he'd come clean, but no! He said at first that he was "praying" and listening for God's response.
...talk about long distance calls. What country code did he use?
Old 09-21-2017, 08:44 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

God needs a reminder to get to bed and get his rest?

And while I've heard people talk about their "dear Lord", I've never heard anybody call God "honey"...
Old 09-22-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

And what is God training for? Maybe he has to train some new angels? Ridiculous.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:54 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PaintMePatient View Post
And what is God training for? Maybe he has to train some new angels? Ridiculous.
He's running a 10k.

(When you're covering your convo with your mistress by using prayer as an excuse it's like begging for a direct lightening bolt from on high. Don't stand too close to him!)
Old 09-22-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

OMG....he tried to say he was praying?? Shame on him!

You are right, you deserve so much more. What a creep.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:42 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

bump.....
Old 10-14-2017, 11:28 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Bump, again
Old 11-17-2017, 05:47 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

bump
Old 11-17-2017, 06:06 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

OK, this is a joint quack by my ex and his wife (they may or may not share a brain).

Ex: (after nearly of full year of zero contact with DS- no b-day card, nothing) texted that he was picking up DS for the 10 week summer visit in our custody agreement.

The custody agreement also says that I'm allowed to cancel any visit at any time, so I told him it was cancelled.

The phone rang a bunch of times after that, no voicemail. Finally the wife texted me with a long diatribe about how my DS had horribly abused her daughters, they'd documented the injuries w/the girls' doctor, another family member had filmed one the "attacks" with her phone, etc.

I texted back: That sounds like a failure of adult supervision more than anything.

Wife texted: I'm going to sue you for slander. (This is the 3rd or 4th time she's threatened to sue me for slander. I'm not sure she totally understands what it means).

I texted: Have your attorney contact my attorney.

The End
Old 11-17-2017, 07:58 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

LOL ladyscribbler. I would not be sitting by the door waiting for the law suit to be served. Wow.

I like the theory that they may, or may not, share a brain! I am going to remember that one!
Old 11-18-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
Ex: (after nearly of full year of zero contact with DS- no b-day card, nothing) texted that he was picking up DS for the 10 week summer visit in our custody agreement....

snip...

Finally the wife texted me with a long diatribe about how my DS had horribly abused her daughters,

The End
Uhmm, eh? Then why pick him up for 10 weeks?
Old 01-24-2018, 07:19 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Bump....
Old 01-24-2018, 07:48 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Ladyscribbler - wow. Eh? Sounds about right from that tribe. If it makes you feel any better my ex husband actually DID admit to only having half a brain - said he shares his brain with his mom and sister. Well THAT explains it all! As he’s leaving court two weeks ago he jumps in the car with mommy and hightailed it to the gas station at 9:30am for a case of beer, naturally. Duh! Two peas in a pod, those two. Wonder if they’ll get matching promise rings for each other someday! Bleh.

The best quack ever? “That woman is evil, pure evil. She made it all up, I was not ever there!” In reference to me and my filing an order against him for stalking and terrorizing me and others. Go on your merry way, buddy...keep sharing that brain!!!
Old 01-24-2018, 11:42 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

MY STBXAH took my beautiful dog with him when he moved across the country and promised it was only temporary to help him get settled....after I continued to move forward with divorce proceedings he went on to tell me it was his dog and I'd never see him again....

Flash forward a year later, he comes to town and lets me know that he has brought the dog......BUT I can only see the dog "supervised" because he cannot trust me.

He then went on to say that before I could spend time with my dog whom I adore and have missed terribly, I had make promises to him that I'd give him back and not take any legal action....When I told him I didn't need to make any promises to see my own dog ...

His quack was "I've bent over backyards for you by bringing him here."

I'm sorry what? After basically dog-napping him and using him to emotional manipulate me? Seriously so twisted and sad....I'm still processing the experience.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BAW81 View Post
MY STBXAH took my beautiful dog with him when he moved across the country and promised it was only temporary to help him get settled....after I continued to move forward with divorce proceedings he went on to tell me it was his dog and I'd never see him again....

Flash forward a year later, he comes to town and lets me know that he has brought the dog......BUT I can only see the dog "supervised" because he cannot trust me.

He then went on to say that before I could spend time with my dog whom I adore and have missed terribly, I had make promises to him that I'd give him back and not take any legal action....When I told him I didn't need to make any promises to see my own dog ...

His quack was "I've bent over backyards for you by bringing him here."

I'm sorry what? After basically dog-napping him and using him to emotional manipulate me? Seriously so twisted and sad....I'm still processing the experience.
I rescued a cat out of my ex's flowerbed when we were still together. The poor little guy was almost dead. I spent $1000 to get him recovered, even though one of his eyes had to be removed in the process.

When my ex filed for divorce, he claimed that cat as part of the settlement. I didn't fight him on it.

Since then I have adopted two more cats.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:02 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Bump. This thread is a goldmine. Just had to keep it at the top as I know we all have doozies we can share
Old 01-30-2018, 10:36 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

There are many but one that is more recent:

Me (after he fell off the wagon and hid it) It's not so much you falling of the wagon as long as you get on it again, it's the lying to my face.

Him: I have to lie to you, look at your reaction!

Me (silently) so I should be glad you are honest, but then simply accept your bad behavior and put up and shut up. Hell no! You probably want brownie points for being honest too.