Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 1

Old 12-15-2010, 12:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Normies do not keep extra changes of clothes and back up sets of toiletries in their car at all times.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think this is hilarious..but please someong tell me the difference between a pop can and a beer can, I haven't a clue. Mine drank from bottles.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bernadette View Post
Anyway for whatever sick reason these are actually making me laugh so thanks!!
Yeah, me too! It's twisted! But funny!
Old 12-15-2010, 12:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

from Live: but please someong tell me the difference between a pop can and a beer can, I haven't a clue.

They just have a different sound, I must have learned it when I was very young - because I have known it all my life.

Soda can pop top has a brighter sound.

The beer can pop is frothier or something, fills me with dread - like a PTSD reaction. I could be 20 yards away and not even see the can or the person and I have never been wrong about what they are drinking. Weird.

LOL
B
Old 12-15-2010, 03:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
DMC

...oooh the beer can pop. I HATE that. And I could hear it all the way across the house.

There's a difference. I can't explain it, but it illicits a pit-of-the-stomach reaction.
(Which hasn't been a part of my life in over a year, but I'd bet I could still tell the difference.)
Old 12-15-2010, 03:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by HoopNinja View Post
I would not know every backroad in the county where I live. Even when xah was not drinking it was such a habit for him to drive the backroads in an attempt to avoid arrest for OWI that he did it whenever he drove anywhere.
Isn't that some crazy knowledge to have? I'd never have dreamed of this one, but can easily see that you're not making it up!

We can't make this stuff up, if we were telling these stories to a room full of "normies", they'd be looking at us like we had two heads.

Gonna have to be sure and censor my witty banter at my next "cocktail party".
HA!

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Normies do not know that cough medicine can get you high..normies swallow pain medication and have never even thought of chewing it, snorting it, smoking it , or injecting it. Normies do not know where to get clean urine except out of their own bodies!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Normies haven't posted almost 4000 posts in the same webpage and probably haven't had sent real-life gifts to said webpage friends !! Also, the yellow skin, and the raspy voice.. the other day I talked to a cab driver and just listening to his voice I knew... very sad !!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Normies don't know the location of every beer store in a 300 mile radius.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:07 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

.. nor their opening/closing hours.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Live I had clothes and toiletries to last for a week for me and the kids in the trunk of my car hidden in bags I knew xah would not look in (which I did the day after the night I locked myself in the bedroom with the kids, car keys and cell phone)

keepiton--the clean urine!! I forgot all about that one. xah knew where to get the stuff on the web to clean your urine.

The tee-shirts and shot glasses-yeah, I left all that for xah when I packed! In the old days there were jelly jar glasses. In the days of xah I think almost every glass in the house was alcohol related.

Yeah coyote--none of us could be making this stuff up.

To think that part of my brain is being used to store this knowledge! This is all sadly hilarious.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Well, from an addicts POV...

Normies don't see someone buying cough syrup and Dramamine and think "Someone's having a party tonight!"

Normies don't know where the blind spots are on the security cameras where they work.

Normies don't catch a whiff of something strange in the air driving down a residential neighborhood and think "Meth lab!"

Normies don't assume anyone acting unusual in public is on drugs.

Normies don't understand how unfunny the term "crackhead" can be.

Normies don't hate you for calling 911 when you overdose because it'll screw up your high.

Normies don't hide their face in public assuming everyone is watching them.

Normies don't make every attempt to avoid old friends.

Normies don't hear about a friend overdosing and think "Man, that must have been some good ****!"

(((hugs))) to you all, and the things we've put you through... I know I will spend my whole life trying to make it up to my family.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:23 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Many of them don't know what it is to be alone in a bed with another person. I'm sure some do, as addiction isn't the only reason it can happen, but I'd be willing to bet we all know how it feels.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:26 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Normies actually look FORWARD to holidays !!!
Old 12-15-2010, 04:30 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HoopNinja View Post
To think that part of my brain is being used to store this knowledge! This is all sadly hilarious.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:32 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Onewithwings View Post
(((hugs))) to you all, and the things we've put you through... I know I will spend my whole life trying to make it up to my family.
(((Huggs))) back at you. If you can pull this off, and I know you can, I think you and your family will be just fine. God bless you.

Coyote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:38 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Cyranoak View Post
Many of them don't know what it is to be alone in a bed with another person. I'm sure some do, as addiction isn't the only reason it can happen, but I'd be willing to bet we all know how it feels.
I've said it before on here, the loneliest I've ever felt was sitting on the back porch across from my wasted wife. Damn.

Coyote

Ha, had to read your post twice before I realized you weren't talking about some weird threesome!
Old 12-15-2010, 04:42 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Cyranoak, that one hit me hard. Never have been with someone and felt so completely alone until I lived with my exabf. Didn't know a person could feel that alone when someone you love is right there.

Now I am alone, but I am peaceful. And when I feel lonely, it's ok. At least it makes sense.

Normies don't know that every ache and pain is just an excuse to get pain meds from the doctor who has no idea that the patient is an alcoholic. And every cold is an excuse to get some codeine. So sad.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:46 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

That loneliness is the worst ever I have ever experienced. seekingcalm I am in the same boat! also remember you are not alone, you are with yourself and its VERY good company !
Old 12-15-2010, 04:48 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

normies dont know the term "normie"
one definition of an ACOA (cant remember the direct quote)
we guessed at what normal was/is.

so, what is it?

i think i am as normie as i can be.
hehehehe

beth

the normal recovering ACOA, alcoholic, codependent, major depressive woman who has forged her cutting wit in the fires of addiction.

Last edited by wicked; 12-15-2010 at 04:49 PM. Reason: spelling