Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 1

Old 12-15-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awakening

Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 1

This morning LMC (Little Miss Coyote) and I were sitting around killing 5 minutes before going down to wait on the school bus.

It was 6:05am, and we heard a loud knocking on a neighbor's door from across the courtyard. It was still dark and I commented to LMC, hum, that sounds like the police. You know, they knock with much more authority than the average guest.

Sure enough, as we walked out the police were there questioning the resident.

The last year or so of my marriage, after the wheels had completely fallen off, we must have had at least a dozen or so visits from the cities finest. Enough that I can still, after all this time, tell when a police person is knocking on a door.

Upon reflection, I had to laugh. The "average" citizen would NOT be privy to this knowledge. Ah, good times.

Anybody else have any interesting knowledge that they wouldn't other wise have?

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Normies wouldn't know to guess, by smelling someone's breath, exactly what kind of alcohol that person has had (beer breath is way different that Jack Daniels breath or vodka breath).
Old 12-15-2010, 08:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awakening

Or just the smell coming out of them through their skin. Lots more have come to mind.

I wouldn't know anything about "bankruptcy" or "foreclosure", that's some handy knowledge I'd just as soon not have first hand experience with.

Coyote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would not know every backroad in the county where I live. Even when xah was not drinking it was such a habit for him to drive the backroads in an attempt to avoid arrest for OWI that he did it whenever he drove anywhere.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Until I met XAH, I never thought I'd become a full-time stripper to support him, his son and myself, while he drank, snorted and ate all the money I made. I also don't think a lot of "normies" know how to swindle men out of hundreds of dollars with just the promise of a sexual thrill and a bit of bare skin.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Normies don't hide their money..we keep it in a wallet
Old 12-15-2010, 08:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

normies, when putting away the laundry, don't pick up everything to see if there is dope or booze stashed under the tee-shirts.

normies don't surreptitiously monitor how much liquor is in the house and notice if the cooking wine is still there.

normies don't count their medication to find out if some of it has been lifted by their spouse.

normies don't hide their medication so their spouse won't steal it.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I can smell an alcoholic even if they aren't breathing. It comes out of their pores. I can walk by them at a store and identify that weird smell.

I can hear a beer can open from a mile away. A couple decades ago I associated that sound with fun and friends while camping or spending a day at the river. I cringe when I hear it now.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

normies don't know how to bleach out vomit, pee and blood stains out of clothing and sheets.

normies don't obssessively check the bank accounts to see what's been taken out and where it has been spent.

normies don't have "secret" bank account and safety deposit boxes where they quietly hide money.

normies don't have to take out entire bins full of empties twice a week (and usually through the back so no one will see).

normies don't have to wash the sticky spots on their floors or watch out for broken glass while stepping into their own homes, because someone's hands shake too much and they drop their glass all the time.

normies don't have to cash in the empties so that groceries can be bought.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I can smell an alcoholic even if they aren't breathing. It comes out of their pours. I can walk by them at a store and identify that weird smell.

I can hear a beer can open from a mile away. A couple decades ago I associated that sound with fun and friends while camping or spending a day at the river. I cringe when I hear it now.
Man oh man, yes and yes.

If I live to be 100 I'll never forget that putrid smell of sickness, poisoned and dying organ systems.

I can tell the difference between a soda can and a beer can at 100 yards.

Coyote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by coyote21 View Post
The last year or so of my marriage, after the wheels had completely fallen off, we must have had at least a dozen or so visits from the cities finest.
LOL!!
Twice there were cruisers parked in front of my house, and both times I was mortified with embarrassment. The second time I swore it would be the last, and so far... unless my loud guitar playing finally pisses off my neighbors. But it wont be for the previous reasons that's for sure!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
LOL!!
Twice there were cruisers parked in front of my house, and both times I was mortified with embarrassment. The second time I swore it would be the last, and so far... unless my loud guitar playing finally pisses off my neighbors. But it wont be for the previous reasons that's for sure!
We lived in a big 100yo house in the "high rent" district, right on the main drag through town. Initially I was embarrassed to have, never one, always two or more cruisers parked in the driveway.

Hell, I got over it. Probably still people wondering if I was running a crack house or meth lab. None of my business! Ha!

Coyote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just how MANY.... dang MANY.... different ways there are to lie. I had no idea, prior. I always figured there was only one way to lie, but boy was I wrong.

I feel like I have Lying, Ph.D., now.

I have advanced "Lie-dar" now.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Smelling it through their skin really resonates...

...but also the way their voices change. Not just the tone and the calculated attempts they make to not slur their words, but the way they enunciate.

I was once on a teleconference when a co-worker who was later fired came on the line completely drunk. I was the only one who noticed. When she did it a second time everybody noticed and I had to have her dropped from the call. We gave her a chance to keep her job and go to rehab on our $$ (because I insisted as the codependant that I am), but she declined so we fired her.

Here's the pathetic/funny part (not funny ha-ha, so don't freak out on me). I was linked to her on Linkedin, and over the months it became clear to me she was getting worse as she had started to go online and drunkenly manipulate her profile and contact people. The spelling and language was getting worse and worse, and for awhile I could only watch like it was a train wreck. It got so bad I finally had to disconnect from her. Very sad.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I can smell an alcoholic even if they aren't breathing. It comes out of their pores. I can walk by them at a store and identify that weird smell.
Yup. Totally.

Normies don't have 10 excuses lined up for why their spouse doesn't attend a function at the kids' school.

Normies also don't have 10 excuses for why their spouse can't pick up the kids from someone else's house after 6 pm (4 pm on weekends).
Old 12-15-2010, 10:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Normies have probably never slept with the car keys & cell phone under their pillow

Normies probably don't keep their extra checks locked in their office at work

Normies probably don't have the Pharmacy list their RX's as check for ID as a security measure for all prescriptions.

Just a few I could think of right now - I'm sure I could come up with about a million if I gave a little thought . . .

oh wait Normies probably have no idea what this thread is about . . .
Old 12-15-2010, 10:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'll bet normies don't have yard sale where a customer picks up an article of clothing in a box and finds an empty bottle. Been there...done that. I don't do it any more!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MsPINKAcres View Post
Normies have probably never slept with the car keys & cell phone under their pillow
Boy is this true (and I would add-with the bedroom door locked and the kids in the room with you)

normies have never received a call from the school social worker because during health week their child let them know that their dad is an alcoholic (you know how at the end of those they always say "if you have anything you would like to talk to me about just let me know")

Last edited by HoopNinja; 12-15-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 12-15-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MsPINKAcres View Post
Or slept with their wallet/purse under their pillow or shoved/pinned between the bed and the nightstand or wall even when they didn't have more than 25 cents in it.

Or re-washed the laundry that was left overnight in the washer just in case their A mistaked the washer for the bathroom, again.

Or worried about their toddler playing in the lower cupboards with the pots and pans because that's where their A hid his jugs of vodka.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

OMG you guys what a sad and hilarious thread!!!

Oh all the things I wish I DIDN'T know! All of that EARNED knowledge! Such painful lessons.

Man, the difference between a beer tab pop and a soda can pop! Me too!!!! The change in a voice on the telephone, with no visual or odorous cues at all, you can tell - the cadence - the quality of the voice! I could tell by the sound of my dad's car pulling in the driveway, the SOUND of him parking!!!

Anyway for whatever sick reason these are actually making me laugh so thanks!!

Peace-
B