Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 1

Old 06-27-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Originally Posted by Sotrue View Post
Normies don't get a sick feeling in their stomach when driving on the road where AH's favorite bars are located...even if he's not there, you still get a knot in your stomach..:
OMG this still happens to me, too !

Next to a particular bar near home there is always an ambulance, not sure why, but its also a good reminder of the realities of what's next...

My plan is to bring a friend there so we can drink one and later on when I drive nearby I remember my friend and not previous times I went with XABF.

But I haven't done it yet as "going to have a drink" is not something I would plan anymore, besides that place is always packed, and a good night for me no longer involves loud drunks.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Originally Posted by Sotrue View Post
Normies wonder why you have no response to postings on social networks when they talk about how they could use a few beers...or how a few drinks later is the answer to their stressful day...
And the answer to sadness and to breaking up with someone and to whatever else...

Normies don't disable notifications from people who post about alcohol.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:38 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Normies don't react to their spouses threatening suicide (again) with "Do it in the garage, that'll make the cleanup easier on me."
Old 06-27-2011, 12:48 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
Normies don't react to their spouses threatening suicide (again) with "Do it in the garage, that'll make the cleanup easier on me."
Or thinking "just do it".
Old 06-27-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Normies don't go from totally sedentary to being congratulated in box AND kickboxing because "you are the most enthusiastic"
Old 06-27-2011, 09:07 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Normies will never be told that they are a cancer to someone's life. (hence someone's drinking life)

Normies will never be told "I don't remember much from the first few months that we dated, I just remember being drunk most of the time"

Normies will never be told "I haven't thought about you once since we broke up".

Normies will never be told "My family hates you because they think you are a bad influence on my social life" or "My family hates you because you don't make enough money to support us both"

Normies will never be told that their dog is the reason they drink. LOL

Quack Quack Quack
Old 06-28-2011, 12:32 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Normies don't think back to their wedding day and realize that the only worry that day was how drunk the groom was going to get.

Normies don't have to wait until day 2 to consummate such marriage because the groom passes out.

Normies don't know how many full beer bottles are in the house, how much scotch and wine is left in each individual bottle. Which means they do not have the clairvoyance and magical gift to foresee a trip to the corner store down to the hour.

Normies don't ask the cashier to put the booze on a separate bill since it is easier for the accounting. Normies don't have booze as its own subcategory in the accounting software.

Normies living in Canada don't sleep with their bedroom window open in January so the stench of booze is bearable.

Normies don't cover up empties in the garage with big blankets so that the neighbors won't know and talk. Normies therefore also do not know that dreadful sad feeling when they realize a new blanket is needed again.

I think I could do this for hours. Thanks for the thread.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:00 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Normie's don't know the feeling of shame that accompanies backing out of the drive in the morning on the way to work, knowing that the neighbors probably heard the horrible fighting coming from your home the night before.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:22 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Normies don't have a drunk wife yelling at you to fix the toilet because its been running all day and it won't stop. Only to find when you go to repair it a 3 liter wine box submerged in the water tank !
Old 06-28-2011, 07:21 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Normies won't be told "I couldn't stop drinking long enough to save up money for an engagement/wedding ring for you."

Normies won't be woke up from sleep, hearing their spouse urinating in bed and then to tell us they swear they're not on alcohol or drugs.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

This thread has been split and continues here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post3016842

Mike
Moderator, SR