He's not leaving, I'm a wuss

Old 11-08-2009, 07:26 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Tigger, you're in my prayers tonight. You know how to contact me, and I'm not far away, if I can help you in any way tonight or this week. Can also help with the attorney consultation. Please continue to keep us posted in any way you can. We are here for you and anything you need.

You are so strong! And when you need more strength, God will provide it.

Sleep well.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:26 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
He had been passive aggressive for the duration of our marriage, but it escalated into emotional and verbal abuse.
Just a note. Passive-aggressive behavior is emotional abuse.

L
Old 11-08-2009, 07:46 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Omgosh, did I just have a light bulb moment.
My A was totally passive aggressive and I didn't realize it until just now.

It's unbelievable. And becoming more and more apparent that his behavior never would have changed..... atleast not before it really took me down.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:03 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone!

Tigger has asked me to tell you that she is having "SR withdrawals" LOL but does not have internet access at the moment.

I do want to clarify that Tigger made the decision to leave, it would NEVER be my place to tell her what to do or make that kind of decision for anyone other than myself...it just wasn't apparent on the thread that there were phone conversations ongoing between posts...and some confusion as to which way we were communicating at times...what wasn't on the thread was that she was leaving, but having some difficulties in connecting with where she was going....and etc.

Enough of me, now....it is her story.

Tigger, WHAT A STRONG WOMAN YOU ARE! You did it by yourself! LOL and a big hug!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:16 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Thank God for her safe leaving and knowing she is out of that situation.

Dear Live, having you in phone contact must have been such a support and blessing for Tigger, and I give 3 cheers for a job well done.

Please keep us up to date if you can, Liveand she will be in our thoughts til we know all is well.

Prayers for you all

God bless
Old 11-09-2009, 06:30 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Just a note. Passive-aggressive behavior is emotional abuse.
yes, LTD, I know this.

I can always count on you to uber edit anything I may have missed.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:36 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

thinking of tigger today and glad she is in a safe place.

thank you liveweyard for being there for her.

naive
Old 11-09-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
yes, LTD, I know this.

I can always count on you to uber edit anything I may have missed.
I was emotionally abused for years. I didn't know it. Toward the end, I responded by emotionally abusing back.

I was raised to believe that abuse was hitting. Nothing else. I stayed in an abusive situation for a long time because I didn't know it was abuse. I thought it was normal.

I just wanted to point this out in case there are others out there like me, who don't recognize emotional abuse because it has been an accepted part of life for so long.

L
Old 11-09-2009, 09:21 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Very late here, but Live, please send hugs and prayers to Tigger and tons of positive strength for me. Also, she mentioned ties in ny. Not sure if this is where she lives, but if she needs anything locally and is here, pm me and I will give you my number to give her.

((((tigger))))
Old 11-09-2009, 05:02 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Tigger checked in. She is okay and is getting things in order. She misses SR but does not yet have access. Won't tomorrow either, I don't think....she is very busy, as well.
She is thinking of all of you, misses you and sends her prayers and thanks. She cares how you are doing.

I think she is one very strong lady! Tigger, you are the bomb and you will prevail!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:06 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Live, thank you for posting the updates for us. I am so glad that you are able to be there for Tigger to talk to!
Old 11-09-2009, 06:00 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I had to look up passive-aggressive. I've heard it all my life but never really looked into what exactly it was:

People with this disorder resent responsibility and show it through their behaviors, rather than by openly expressing their feelings. They often use procrastination, inefficiency, and forgetfulness to avoid doing what they need to do or have been told by others to do.

Some common symptoms of passive-aggressive personality disorder include:

Acting sullen
Avoiding responsibility by claiming forgetfulness
Being inefficient on purpose
Blaming others
Complaining
Feeling resentment
Having a fear of authority
Having unexpressed anger or hostility
Procrastinating
Resisting other people's suggestions
A person with this disorder may appear to comply with another's wishes and may even demonstrate enthusiasm for those wishes. However, they:

Perform the requested action too late to be helpful
Perform it in a way that is useless
Sabotage the action to show anger that they cannot express in words
In other words, jerks.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:18 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
In other words, jerks.
Thanks for taking the time to look that up! How many of these people have I known?! I swear, I have a magnet.

It attracts needy people, old men, alcoholics, jerks...
Old 11-09-2009, 08:48 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
I had to look up passive-aggressive. I've heard it all my life but never really looked into what exactly it was:

In other words, jerks.
Hey, I resemble that remark!

In truth, my mother was the passive-aggressive role model. I learned from the best. I don't consider myself a jerk. I learned as a child that the best way to get what you want is to guilt people into doing things your way. I thought it was just how things were done. My husband probably learned a lot of the same lessons in his home. (I know his parents, lol)

Once we know better, we do better.

L
Old 11-09-2009, 10:40 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

more info:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...sal-abuse.html
Old 11-10-2009, 11:19 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Tigger wants you all to know that she is EXUBERANT and doing the happy dance!
And she says she knows it is because of all YOUR prayers.
I am anxious for her to be able to get on here and tell you all herself.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:55 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi Live Angel and to my SR family -

Here is an update on today's progress,

This morning a former police woman; Chris who works at the shelter drove me to my house. There we met a county cop. AH wasn't home. I arrived armed with a list of exactly what I wanted to get. I recited the list and my path through the house to Chris to be able to be quick & efficient. Shelter advised to get anything I'd want if he were to destroy tings I loved, or burn down the house, also anything of value that could be sold should financial trouble or ruin become a reality.

He wasn't home when we arrived. Only place he ever goes is on a liquor run. So I started at the far end od the house and got my WALLET which was of utmost importance, work clothes, jewelry. Into the living room and got my children's baby pictures and artwork, the kitchen for prescription meds and out the door. Whirlwind. Took about 5 or 10 minutes. AH had arrived and cop kept him talking in the garage.

In the garage, AH was saying to cop: 'i don't know why she's doing this' blah blah. On Live's sage advise I didn't look at him or talk to him. Chris kept herself physically between AH and me. When I needed strength I looked into her eyes, and she was there.

We left. I was ELATED! We had done it with no trouble, exactly as planned. I felt invincable! Never shook or shed a tear. WOOO HOOO!

You know that he was going to try to contact me, though. Since I haven't responded to his calls or texts, he tried my sister on the east coast. Called, she didn't answer. Emailed. She forwarded it to me. Dr. Jeckle said he looooved me, had never raised his voice to me (HA), to let him know if I needed money. Then Mr. Hyde said he could find me if he wanted to but he wouldn't (my hero - barf), that he wanted the shelter womans phone number. Then dr Jeckle said to he loves me with all his heart and always has. Then Mr. Hyde said he'll be waiting for me (in my house that he's supposed to leave) if I decide I love him again.

.......received via phone email...live
Old 11-10-2009, 05:34 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

hello dear family! I can read posts apparently w my cell vvut only write the area of small box. THANK YOU each and every one. I m okay now. LOV
E AND HUGS! Tig
Old 11-10-2009, 05:56 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

hello, dearie!!!

love you!

You know, I STILL am dense. It wasn't until I was replying to your email and signed it your girlfriend, that it struck me...all those times you said he was griping about you going to al-anon and your girlfriends,...I will now bet that I know the tone and implications of the "your girlfriends" LOL
Well, gal....you have got a harem!!!!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
With some studs thrown in! LOL
Now, I AM jealous! WOOOOOOOOO
Old 11-10-2009, 06:09 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

oh, geez, I was SO happy to see you here that I blew it!
Can you post again so that others will see you are back?
Sorry!