Stuck between rock and hard place

Old 03-01-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

One thing I've seen missing in all of our posts?

Alanon and NA meetings!

TOD
Old 03-02-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi SR family. Update for me. My son admittedly to using again.....my heart. He does not want impatient. He wants to die. That's all he said he wants to die. I said I love you and I'm here for you but I don't know what to do now. I said to him. Do you remember you told me you coudnt do it yourself and said please mom don't go easy on me I need you. I asked who do you talk to about relapse?. Who do you turn to? I asked calmly what do you want ? He wouldn't talk anymore. I just said I hope you are gonna go back to program and make the right choice because you deserve it. Help again. I am sorry I always feel so alone till you all answer and I am thankful. I have agreat group and counselor too but my little guy is with me and I don't want to leave him do I am reaching out...
Old 03-02-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Awwww Rosie! It really sounds like your son is reaching out for help!

TOD
Old 03-02-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

How about calling your relative that sat down with them last weekend? Maybe he can give you some advice?

TOD
Old 03-02-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Rosie, I am so very sorry you're going through this. I don't know how this all works, but if he would be considered suicidal, could you not have him hospitalized? Could it be something he wants deep down? Maybe it would be a safe way to detox, and he knows it?
Old 03-02-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

I went through something similar with my daughter and felt the same gut wrenching fear. For her the deep depression came when she was coming down off a high. I told her that since she said she couldn't take it any more and wanted to die, that I needed to take her to the hospital for help...She ultimately agreed. She was not happy at all when they would not let her go since she expressed the desire to hurt herself. I don't know if she really felt that dark despair or thought perhaps they'd give her something, but I know that I couldn't take that chance.

I know it is a very scary time. I would still take the action I did if I had to do it over again. In her case, it didn't feel like just the I am sick of this and just want it to stop type thing - it felt like a bad and dark place. If his words are just words to manipulate you, I think you will know pretty quickly, and if not, then getting him help is the right thing to do. . I'm sorry for your pain, Rosie.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:17 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had my son put in the hospital 3 times Rosie and this last time he put himself in.
Don't hesitate to get him help if he is possibly suicidal.

I didn't try to guess if he was manipulating or not. If he was manipulating and I called and had him put in the hospital then he knew not to manipulate again. If he wasn't manipulating he got the help he needed. It helped either way.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

So here I am sitting at my house. My son slept all night I told him we are going over to get checked out. He has a cold that both his brother had and won't get out of the bed. He can't say. I want to die and not think there is a reaction. I did think that it may be manipulation but I don't want to be the one deciding. Not sure he is going to get in my car willingly. I don't know what to do. I think I may call his father now. I'm scared. I need someone else involved. My ex husband doesn't get it won't go to meetings. Hasn't been involved. Did show up at inpatient rehab on visiting times. Talked about everyone in the room. Passed judgement. Not sure he's a help but I don't know how now not to tell him what is happening. Anyone around.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
happy, joyous an free!

hi rosie - i'm at work but i want you to know i hear you and will be praying throughout my day for guidance and strength for you...
Old 03-03-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lovenjoy View Post
hi rosie - i'm at work but i want you to know i hear you and will be praying throughout my day for guidance and strength for you...

Thank you
Old 03-03-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I sit here typing cause I don't know what else to do. Reached to my sons dad. He said he wants to get him a one way ticket to an out of state rehab. Such a help. Son won't get out of bed to go says he's got the cold feels sick. I'm in it now opened the door to my crazy ex but he had to know. Just typing for my sanity or lack there of. He s gonna show up at hospital and make a scene.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Rosie, I am here too, and am praying for you and your son. Have you called the hospital and gotten their opinion? I had to take my DD who is 15 to the hospital last week with anxiety attacks. The doctor made it very clear to me that if she is suicidal he would admit her. Maybe a social worker at the hospital could help??

Just a thought. Tight, tight hugs my dear. Praying feverently for you!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Yes I work in health care and have contact at this hospital. I risk exposure of my life but I have no life without my son. Social worker gets involved immediately. I just got to get him there
Old 03-03-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Dear Rosie, it appears your son may be in detox. That "cold" and horrible feeling is part of opiate withdrawal. I encourage you to contact the fire department or 911 to see if they will transport him to the hospital. JJ was in 5150 two times and he admitted himself, and was NOT allowed to leave for 72 hours.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Rosie...sending prayers...and glad that you will call and get help. We had to 5150 our 2nd daughter numerous times...as we didn't want to overlook something that might be critical and that we were not responding to...once she said she took my anti-depressants, once she pulled a bread cutting knife...the police were really helpful in our town during that time...and although she hated all of that...we knew she was safe and that was a lot.

At that time in my life 10-12 years ago...thought it was the hardest thing I could do...but truly...my daughter who chose no contact and to use...because I tried to help her...that is a lot harder...as a mother.

Please try to make that call...you are not alone...and am here for you.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

TOD--the meetings help me...thanks for the reminder.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by irisgardens View Post
Rosie...sending prayers...and glad that you will call and get help. We had to 5150 our 2nd daughter numerous times...as we didn't want to overlook something that might be critical and that we were not responding to...once she said she took my anti-depressants, once she pulled a bread cutting knife...the police were really helpful in our town during that time...and although she hated all of that...we knew she was safe and that was a lot.

At that time in my life 10-12 years ago...thought it was the hardest thing I could do...but truly...my daughter who chose no contact and to use...because I tried to help her...that is a lot harder...as a mother.

Please try to make that call...you are not alone...and am here for you.
I hear you. Thank you.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Update is they felt he was not suicidal at all and that he is in active withdrawal. He agreed to do iop and they gave him meds to go thru withdrawal with that helps. My ex got physical as soon as he saw him. He jacked him up outside. I had to scream and stop it. He said nothing but to get the hell in hospital. We walked in My ex won't go to meetings. He said he's cutting him off and he's gonna kill him. So I had to tell him. You can't hate or punish addiction out of him and I can't love it out of him. I cried told him to leave if not supportive. My son said he's just lost in process now going thru withdrawal here on his own. I guess I have to see how this goes. But I have decided next is out of my house. I have to have that be my answer but will pray will all I have that this chance works. This time. Thanks for all the support. I have my little guy tonight and big school project so I can't get to a meeting. So thankful to have all of you.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
happy, joyous an free!

Originally Posted by Rosie2015 View Post
So I had to tell him. You can't hate or punish addiction out of him and I can't love it out of him. I cried told him to leave if not supportive.
this was an awesome way to handle yourself in the midst of crisis. truly.

i went through my ras's withdrawal at home. it was really tough. do you and he know what to expect and how to deal with the symptoms? i called a friend of mine who is an addictions counselor... i'm glad he agreed to iop. they can help. please reach out to any professionals you are able to to help you both through this hon.

and stick close to sr.....
Old 03-03-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

So Sorry for the outburst by your ex. Addiction causes us all to experience the extreme emotions. My husband is somewhat that way too. He cannot control it so he hates it. It sounds like the worst may be over in terms of the initial shock and now your son is detoxing. I hope he feels better and will go to IOP with an open heart. Rosie, please take care of yourself during this time of stress.
Hugs
TT