Notices

really feel like using..

Old 02-20-2009, 10:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
it's a movie, you're the star

really feel like using..

im just in it right now.
everything feels so blah.
i dont have anyone to chill with tonight and i'm literally going nuts. i just want to get messed up. life sober sucks, its soooo boring. maybe its just my life sober sucks. i've been feeling this way for a while now. i'm really considering something drastic, i just dont know what that something drastic is just yet. i have a feeling i'll know when i find it.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Question 1 - Do you own a fishing pole?

Question 2 - Is there a body of water nearby?
Old 02-20-2009, 10:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would consider something drastic like a hobby or helping the homeless or a meeting. Workout. get super sweaty. Play with mud. Give yourself a facial. Figure out your dreams. Play like a kid. We have the problem of looking externally for our entertainment, and that's one of the reasons that we turn to drinking/drugs in the first place.

I feel bored sometimes too and I have a pretty fun life. I just try to keep in mind for every time I felt on the moon because of booze, there was always a gutter at the end of that rainbow.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
it's a movie, you're the star

hahaha that made me laugh so hard
1) i do not have a fishing pole
2) i do not live near water
i've never been fishing though!
Old 02-20-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

You think you're bored now, bubblegum, just wait till you try fishing!!
Old 02-20-2009, 11:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Fishing saved my life. Fish don't even have to be biting. Just chilling out and watching the cork is great meditation. When you get a bite.....and catch a fish.....it's a great feeling.

Fishing is good. I'm not a 12-stepper but I do know that their suggestions about doing service work are dead on !! Helping somebody learn to read, working a soup kitchen, helping children......lots of people in need out there. Lots of people hurting and need help. If you are bored then go help them. I guarantee it'll help you more than you know.

I wish you SUPERMEGALUCKOFTHEFISHINGBUDDHA
Old 02-20-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Friend

When I feel like that I always I go to my on hand list of movies I've been wanting to see or new releases. I get like a stack of them, junk food, trashy mags (I prefer the people in style issues) and just chill...(and probably smoke too many cigs --- I haven't gotten that vice outta my system yet!) Maybe you could try the movie night thing? (just skip any 'using' movies and Garden State which I'm assuming from your post you've seen enough times hehehe. And I'm not talking 'favorites' that you know all the lines to either -- when you have using on your mind, old besties tend to seem boring...try the movies you've never seen that have dense/intriguing storylines. I know it sounds simple - but it always helps me!
Old 02-20-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

When all else fails I run naked into the street screaming obscenities.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 123bubblegum123 View Post
im just in it right now.
i dont have anyone to chill with tonight and i'm literally going nuts. i just want to get messed up. life sober sucks, its soooo boring. maybe its just my life sober sucks. i've been feeling this way for a while now. i'm really considering something drastic, i just dont know what that something drastic is just yet. i have a feeling i'll know when i find it.
Hey, I don't know how to break the news to you, but much of life can be boring. You need to decide if the excitement you crave is worth the cost. Good luck.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

maybe its just my life sober sucks. i've been feeling this way for a while now. i'm really considering something drastic, i just dont know what that something drastic is just yet. i have a feeling i'll know when i find it.
Hey, Bubblegum...

I think that the lives of some sober people sucks more than others (same goes for non-sober lives if you think about it.) I like that you're willing to consider something "drastic" because that leads me to believe that you are not one of those people who should have a boring life of sobriety!

I've heard it said that when people plan exotic vacations and things of that nature the planning is sometimes just as much fun as the actual event. Sometimes, the anticipation can even be more exciting than the vacation. If you're willing to dream "drastic," you don't need to be bored. And if you're willing to do "drastic" you could have a very exciting sober life.

What kind of "drastic" can you envision yourself doing? Moving to a new city? If that's it, don't just think, "I'd move to a new city." Research a few cities, get videos on them, imagine what kind of place you would want, etc. etc. Other things such as coloring your hair and stuff can be done on a whim. There's no reason to be bored, especially with the type of personality that you seem to have. I think that you just need a little adjustment to your sober attitude. I can't help but to think that the fun is already inside of you.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Sorry, don't know you well enough. How long have you been (what you refer to as) sober? Are you following any kind of recovery program or are you just not using drugs?
The initial good feeling of simply not using can fade if we don't have a continual program of recovery.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Bubblegum - I just got back from a wake of a 20 year old girl that just overdosed -Very beautiful girl -Its the saddest thing I ever experienced in my life _ I loved her and so did alot of people seeing the amount of people at the wake -I know she did not know she would die when she used drugs again (Prob Oxy or Vics) wont know this after the autopsy report- The thing is she just got out of the hospital so she was completely clean , She probably did what she usually does but being she was so clean she didn't have the high tolerance and it killed her - She hurt everyone around her because we can never she this beautiful person ever again- Dont mess with this stuff, Death is not worth it and don't think it cant happen to you because that's what she thought , Believe me if you saw this girl you would never know she did drugs always positive , Happy , Super energetic , alot of fun to be around -It just didnt agree with her this time and the consequences are brutal- I am not preaching , I had a drug problem also but this was a serious wake up call , If you knew her and went to the wake and saw this beautiful young girl laying in a coffin it would wake you up to the fact that this **** is serious- Its not a game- Stop the **** and live your life
Old 02-21-2009, 06:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Windysan's World Famous 2-Step Recovery Program

1. Don't do dope

2. See Step 1
a. have fun
b. dance funny

It's a selfish program.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do or do not. There is no try.

life sober doesnt suck at all, infact i have had more fun in the last 10 months of my sober life than the rest of it combined before that. What can suck is adjusting to sober life. Its not easy, especially not for someone in your situation, still young, still in college, still trying to discover yourself...But it is possible. Keep grinding away hun, keep working ur steps and trying to do the next right thing and I promise you the miracles of sobriety will take hold.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My vote for 'something drastic' is finding and attending what is commonly referred to as 'a meeting', one attended primarily by what are often called 'recovering addicts and/or alcoholics', where they perform a unique and wondrous ritual known as 'supporting one another in achieving and maintaining their collective sobriety'.

And I'm sorry, but my vote is deciding, and wholly binding.

Get your bubblegum candy@ss to a friggin meeting before you wind up on the friggin coroners report, Miss "I'm 18 years old, and I've overdosed eight times already".

Not even cats get more than nine lives, sister.

You want your life to get better? Stay clean, and work a recovery program!

You want it to continue to be boring and/or sucky and/or cut dramatically short? Then don't take my suggestions in the line above.

It's that simple, really ...
Old 02-22-2009, 12:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You need to make more friends in Your area, that are in recovery... and close(ish) to your age group!! I have lots of fun in Recovery!! I also have Lots of friends, in Recovery!! I know Lots of Younger People, in Recovery, that have an absolute Blast, in Recovery!!

And... (This is Purely My "Trucker-Logic Thoughts")... If getting loaded, was so fun... Then why did You end up, on this Site??

Don't ever forget, just How bad, the really bad times, in Active Addiction Were!!

'Cuz... Getting Loaded, Really Sucked, for Me... That is Why I'm Here, and That is Why, I go to So Many N.A. Meetings!!, If it was fun... I would not have quit!!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

im just in it right now.
. Read a book about recovery. Go to a meeting. Call a friend
Old 04-06-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

just so folks know this is a thread from 2009.

D