Notices

If I wasn't in recovery I'd use now!

Old 04-06-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

If I wasn't in recovery I'd use now!

Hi everyone!

Didn't post yesterday cause we were moving. I pulled my back muscles thinking I was a Hercules lifting those boxes and no I can't even bend over to unpack them. If I wasn't on my 24th day of recovery from oxycodones I'd be taking some right now for much needed pain relieve, all I can allow myself is Advil right now that doesn't do anything for me but oh well
I feel good emotionally, but my energy could be better i can't seem to get anything done, sleep still sux, last night was up about 20 times in 5 hrs, I just want to get a good night sleep without stupid ambien (still take half every night).
Sorry for not posting on anyone's threads, between moving and taking care of the kids it's been insane.
Husband supposedly jumping tomorrow, we'll see how that goes, looks like I'll be the one moving the furniture around the house .
God bless u all in ur recoveries!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 20 clean and can relate re: sleep

Hey O,
I can relate regarding the crappy sleep... last night was just awful... I do not want to use. I do need sleep so will just make it through today without using, so I can get to three weeks clean tomorrow, God willing. Could not fall asleep until after midnight and woke up at 4:45am.... what a blahhhh day....
I remember posting that as long as I had some good days I would be happy... no, I am an addict, so I want all my days to be good...
It is weird, b/c I was so looking forward to the weekend so that I could relax, do laundry, chores, etc., and now that I am not at work I can barely move off the couch.
I wonder if I was running on adrenaline at work all week?

I am so proud of you for not using your back pain as an excuse to use....
I have been using lidoderm patches, prescribed to me, and my heating pad and so far, so good in terms of managing my back pain.

I hope your move is to a happier environment... and hang in there!!!!
You have been so strong throughout your recovery, keep up the good work!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 12:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there Olivio you don't need pills for pain relief! I have a slipped disk and honestly the pain can get very debilitating. I suggest taking the 60 dollars you would have spent on oxy to go get a deep tissue massage.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

a bag of frozen peas makes the perfect ice pack!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

Hang in there.