View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 02:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
christin1225

Originally Posted by 123bubblegum123 View Post
maybe its just my life sober sucks. i've been feeling this way for a while now. i'm really considering something drastic, i just dont know what that something drastic is just yet. i have a feeling i'll know when i find it.
Hey, Bubblegum...

I think that the lives of some sober people sucks more than others (same goes for non-sober lives if you think about it.) I like that you're willing to consider something "drastic" because that leads me to believe that you are not one of those people who should have a boring life of sobriety!

I've heard it said that when people plan exotic vacations and things of that nature the planning is sometimes just as much fun as the actual event. Sometimes, the anticipation can even be more exciting than the vacation. If you're willing to dream "drastic," you don't need to be bored. And if you're willing to do "drastic" you could have a very exciting sober life.

What kind of "drastic" can you envision yourself doing? Moving to a new city? If that's it, don't just think, "I'd move to a new city." Research a few cities, get videos on them, imagine what kind of place you would want, etc. etc. Other things such as coloring your hair and stuff can be done on a whim. There's no reason to be bored, especially with the type of personality that you seem to have. I think that you just need a little adjustment to your sober attitude. I can't help but to think that the fun is already inside of you.