Notices

I'm living Benzo free

Old 12-18-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Hi guys,
Patricia, you're right, 8yrs old is such a wonderful age! My kids were so sweet & obedient at that age. And their so open to lovie, dovie, squishy love hugs & kisses. Then, they hit puberty eekkk! Lol! But, the good news is when they grow up, they're all lovie dovie again!

Introvrtd1, yep, I agree. When I was 1st prescribed klonopin, I was so relieved to feel calm again! What I didn't know at the time, was exactly how detrimental benzos were to my brain. Scary stuff!

You know, I'm proud of myself! And I'm very proud of all you guys too!
Huge ((( Hugs )))
Old 12-18-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Do your best

Kzaug your awesome you all are
Old 12-18-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Ty Wolfie! So are you! It's a pleasure getting to know you!
(( Hugs ))
Old 12-19-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

I hope everyone is well today. (( Hugs ))
Old 12-19-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

I think it's been 2 weeks without benzos, I forgot to write down when was the last one! Today I woke up with no shaky hands for the first time in ages! And I slept an extra hour! I am so grateful for that!

I still feel achy and tired, I can't stay up past 10pm. I guess it's a sign that my body (mostly my brain) is healing...and I'm ok with that!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 12-19-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

No shaky hands & an extra hr. of sleep! Yippee! That's awesome! I'm really happy you're doing so well!
I never counted days either. The only reason I know my sobriety date is Aug. 26, 2014 is because that was the day I entered rehab & I was sicker than a dog when I arrived lol.
But, I was completely clueless about recovery. I had never been to AA, NA or Rational Recovery. I attended AA meetings at rehab, nothing sank in. Everyone there was detoxing from alcohol, heroin or meth. I was still sick the whole time because I was also detoxing from klonopin & no one really understood that. I just basically bided time until I could go home & suffer in solitude lol.

I joined Sober Recovery this past Mar. because I didn't feel better from my suboxine withdrawals after 2wks. & wanted to find out why. When I felt better after a couple of mo's. & could focus better, I finally started to learn about the different tools people use in their recovery.

What I can't believe is how fast the past 16mo's have flown by, when time seemed to drag on forever during withdrawals. Now, it seems like it was just yesterday that I quit lol. I'm not complaining though.

(( Hugs ))
Old 12-19-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job on 2 weeks Patricia

Excellent work on 16 months Kzaug its great getting to know you to bud
Old 12-20-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Hi all!

We had my hubs side of the fam Christmas party today. It was a lot of fun! His family is really cool! And, we brought my 10yr old grandson home with us. We get to have him until Christmas! Yay!!!

How was everyone's wkend?

(( Hugs ))
Old 12-20-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
Hi all!

We had my hubs side of the fam Christmas party today. It was a lot of fun! His family is really cool! And, we brought my 10yr old grandson home with us. We get to have him until Christmas! Yay!!!

How was everyone's wkend?

(( Hugs ))
Weekend went well kzaug! I had a few anxiety hiccups but nothing I couldn't handle.....

Just tryin to keep this thing going till I hit that point when I can carry on without consciously trying....heh
Old 12-20-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

I'm really glad your wkend went well, Intro!
I know what ya mean when you said carry on w/out consciously trying. Just remember, after you've got some sober time under your belt, that it's easy for people to become too complacent because they think "I can handle a drink or 2." Right now, everything's fresh in your mind, but a yr or 2 down the line, those memories of how we screwed our lives up fade. But, the everyday battle part of it does get easier.

Where's all my other peeps? You know who you are.

(( Hugs ))
Old 12-21-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Hey all,everyone sounds great😀ive had yucky anxious days and I just can't wait for Christmas to be here and done,too much to do,too many memories, just too much
Old 12-21-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hi Winslow, I had a feeling that you were feeling extra stressed out, w/all the extras that Christmas brings about. Shopping, cleaning, cooking, wrapping, ect..
And I'm sure your doctor's appt is weighing on your mind too. If he doesn't go along with your other doctor's tapering plan, please ask him about gabapentin k? I'm pretty sure that being prescribed gabapentin during my withdrawals the 2nd time around, saved me from the pits of hell that I suffered from the 1st time. And now that I've heard from other people at SR were prescribed it too ( helped them tremendously ) I'm nearly certain.
3 more days & Christmas will be done, hang in there hun.

Patricia, how are you doing?

(( Hugs ))
Old 12-21-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Hi kzaug! I am very tired. Everything hurts and all I want to do is sleep! But my anxiety is better, that's all it matters. The body aches are part of the healing process, I just have to be patient.

And I'm trying to rest my eyes from the computer too. My right eye has been twitching all week long! I have no idea if it's benzo related, but I like to blame the benzos anyway! It's nothing serious I'm sure, but how annoying! lol

Winslow, I'm sure you're going to feel better after you see your Dr tomorrow. I hope everything goes well for you!

((Hugs))
Old 12-21-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Wow! I've had a twitchy left eyelid all weekend too! Strange!
Old 12-21-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Hi Patricia & Intro!

I don't remember where I posted this, may have been in there substance abuse forum. But, all these little quirky things you guys are feeling are normal. 1st we quit our DOC's, then our bodies & brains heal.

All of my senses went berserk when I quit! I couldn't take bright sunlight. Cold weather came, so we turned on our furnace and the smell was awful! I had never smelt it before & didn't smell a thing this yr either. Just when I 1st quit. At night, it was nearly impossible to swallow. My doctor told me that was from anxiety. I couldn't type on my phone keypad for months because it felt creepy crawly to me.
Same thing w/my taste buds & my hearing. Everything was exaggerated!
I think my case was extreme because of the cold turkey situation, but I'm pretty sure heightened sensitivity is normal.
(( Hugs )) to all
Old 12-22-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Hi guys,
I have a busy day today, but I'll be back later.
Winslow, I hope you have a good day & plz let us know what happens at your doctor's appt., k?
Patricia, tired and achy sure beat anxiety, huh?
Sizzle, I hope your holiday trip is going well!
Intro, another morning, no hangover! Yay!!!
Wolfie, you're just awesome! Period!
Astro and Dee, thank you for the wisdom you guys share w/us!
(( Hugs )) for all of you!
Old 12-22-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Shining, I knew I was forgetting someone ( I usually do ugh. ) So sorry! I hope you're having a wonderful wk.! (( Hugs ))
Old 12-22-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Thinking of you today Winslow. We are here for you!
Old 12-22-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hey all,don't really know what to say about the new doc,he was some young Asian who asked me why I have anxiety,how the heck am I supposed to know why I have anxiety? Maybe cuz I drank myself into a coma daily for 8 years,so I guess I just taper off slowly but surely, I asked about the other drugs like gabapentin,seroquel,he looked at me like I was from mars,grr,hate my clinic but its all I have ATM,hope everyone is well,anyone try pm'ing Isamybella?
Old 12-22-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
Hey all,don't really know what to say about the new doc,he was some young Asian who asked me why I have anxiety,how the heck am I supposed to know why I have anxiety? Maybe cuz I drank myself into a coma daily for 8 years,so I guess I just taper off slowly but surely, I asked about the other drugs like gabapentin,seroquel,he looked at me like I was from mars,grr,hate my clinic but its all I have ATM,hope everyone is well,anyone try pm'ing Isamybella?
Geez Winslow!

That's tough.....hope you can change Docs if you can!