Notices

I'm drinking now after 8 years sobriety

Old 11-11-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by paddyjnr1 View Post
i will get on my knees and thank my higher power for keeping me free from alcohol today and pray for the suffering addict out there

What a sweetheart :-)
Old 11-11-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You've come a very long way in a short period of time Paddy, very glad that things are going so well. You are doing a fantastic job, and don't forget SR is always here.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

24 hours is great paddy, now make it 48 hours.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
When you feel tempted remember how low you were a few days ago. Drinking will only take you back to that place.

I'm loving witnessing all the support for Paddy. Warms the cockles of my heart, and you so deserve it, Paddy.

P.S. My son's name is Patrick. You have the best name in the world, imo :-D
Awh thanks, yes I am overwhelmed with the support here, it really is a "we can do it together thing" Us Alkies really do know how to help each other out. I would of been lost all those years for people like you. I know I had a minor slip but the damage it has done to my soul, not to mind the physical damage really hurts but I know it will get easier with people like you around... God bless. Paddy
Old 11-11-2015, 09:28 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Just woke from a nightmare, I was drinking in it, it's 5am Irish time, I don't feel all the better for it but relieved it's not true. Checked my bank balance as rent is due and yes I spent quite a bit on my spree and rent is due so my heart is thumping, I dont like to owe anything and certainly don't like to borrow but i have to swallow my pride and reach out to my brother for remainder until I get back on my feet. The worry of it has me awake but thats part of my consequences and I have to accept it. It could be a lot worse as I am only short 100euro but I'm normally on top of things, looks like I'll have to spend the week on bread and water, it can be done, I've often went weeks without eating only drink alone.. Here's to a brighter future for us all...
Old 11-11-2015, 09:32 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
You've come a very long way in a short period of time Paddy, very glad that things are going so well. You are doing a fantastic job, and don't forget SR is always here.
You guys saved me, that night I had the blade in my hand while I was cutting myself and thinking nobody wants me anymore, I'm just a drunk.... Your positive and helpful messages kept flooding in.. I cried soo much but I reached out for help as u posted and was brought straight to A&E.. Thanks Guys
Old 11-11-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Thank you Scott, i will never forget you all and your helphttp://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/images/smilies/Thanks.gif
Old 11-11-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Luckily it was just a dream! You are doing great. Hang in there, it will get better. If you are short on rent now you will still be short on rent if you drink. But you also have a hangover and some bad feelings along with it. It's not worth it. I agree with another poster. Look back at your thread a couple nights ago and let that be the reason you don't drink. I'm pulling for you! And us all
Old 11-11-2015, 09:42 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bellamiaa View Post
Luckily it was just a dream! You are doing great. Hang in there, it will get better. If you are short on rent now you will still be short on rent if you drink. But you also have a hangover and some bad feelings along with it. It's not worth it. I agree with another poster. Look back at your thread a couple nights ago and let that be the reason you don't drink. I'm pulling for you! And us all
Yes Bellamiaa, that is so true, I was in one scary place, the landlord can wait, he charges enough anyway and i've never been late in 4 years but it's these niggely things that starts the compulsions for me. wanting to block out the pain. Thank you
Old 11-11-2015, 09:44 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi paddy, I'm pleased you're on the mend.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Paddy,

Like everyone else here, I am so relieved that you are on the mend.

I was so worried about you, and you seem like such a terrific person.

I know about the money worries -- but they are never as bad as they seem when you face them -- which I find impossible to do...
Old 11-12-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dropsie View Post
Paddy,

Like everyone else here, I am so relieved that you are on the mend.

I was so worried about you, and you seem like such a terrific person.

I know about the money worries -- but they are never as bad as they seem when you face them -- which I find impossible to do...
Thank you Dropsie, that means so much to me right now.. I had a busy day today, went back to see my psych and then on to addiction counsellor, feeling mentally drained right now but strangely enough my spirits have been lifted a little and most of all no drink... Thank you and God bless you and all on this site. Forever grateful.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

We are rooting for you, Paddy...we know you can keep whooping it.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

WTG Paddy! You're doing it!
Old 11-12-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff Paddy keep up the good work
Old 11-12-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Yay Paddy!!!! Were the psych and addiction counsellor helpful?
Old 11-12-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
Yay Paddy!!!! Were the psych and addiction counsellor helpful?
Well to be honest the Psych was lovely but of no great help because I don't want anymore medication, but i have to say he was a lovely man from Nigeria so we just chatted about how I was getting on, they really don't connect like addiction counsellors who was wonderful. I suppose he had been there himself before, I never got around to asking him though, either way I felt very comfortable and I'm seeing him again Tuesday. I have my friend who is also an addiction Counsellor bringing me for coffee tomorrow morning 11am and Doctor at 15.15pm plus meeting after at 18.00pm i'm putting my financial worries aside until after weekend to give my mind time to think rationally as it's a wee bit scattered at the moment from all the turmoil.. i feel naturally tired now for the first time in a while so i'm off to the land of nod zzzzz http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ies/Thanks.gif
Old 11-13-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Good morning all, hope we all have a safe sober day, hadn't the best of sleeps last night but today is a new day, it's wet and dreary here in Ireland this morning but I'm not going to let it dampen my spirits. I am going to try and get myself out of the 'Pity Pot' and get living again. God bless you all.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

My sponsor comes up with these simple hints.

Today it's all about
what I do
or
don't do.

Well, keeping it simple
today I (we) won't drink.

Mountainman
Old 11-13-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hey Paddy, sounds like you are getting lots of great support. Fantastic. Wet and dreary in Ireland.....what a great excuse not to mow the lawns!!!! Rest up lad, you deserve it :-)