Notices

I'm drinking now after 8 years sobriety

Old 11-07-2015, 09:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Alcoholic

Originally Posted by paddyjnr1 View Post
Yes as the title say I have succumbed to the evil drink and I feel suicidal already, I hate the taste and the feeling but cant stop, i'm pissed off with meetings and life, i have loads of support as i have 1 2 stepped many but i don't want to listen because "i know it all"... the only thing i don't know is how to put the top back on the bottle.. i'm arrogant and angry right now. how did it happen????, i was doing so well. i feel like ending it all...
Hi Paddy;
I'm Marc and I'm Alcoholic.
Get your Ass to a meeting buddy.

Marc
Old 11-07-2015, 10:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Paddy, your post is crippling to read.
I hope with my whole heart that you have some help.
It will be okay, just call for help.
Please let us know that you are okay.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I really hope you've reached out for some help Paddyjnr.
We care - but there's only so much we as a message board can do for you. You need to fight for your own survival.

Suicide Prevention - Ireland
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-read.html
This
Old 11-08-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Paddy, I truly hope you'll come back online and tell us you're OK. We're all worried about you.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

don't quit trying Paddy
You have had 8 years and the way up is still there for you.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You maybe dehydrated , try drinking water slowly.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm new in soberity and your post scared the @$!# out of me. We all have been there. Think about the people you wI'll hurt, that love you? You can beat this and use this experience to help us new guys. Please hang in there and reach out for help. I will pray for you.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Paddy~are you still there?? Let us know how you are.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

We care Paddy!

Don't harm yourself and get to the Emergency Room at your nearest hospital and tell them your thoughts!
Old 11-08-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Paddy?
Old 11-08-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by paddyjnr1 View Post
Yes as the title say I have succumbed to the evil drink and I feel suicidal already, I hate the taste and the feeling but cant stop, i'm pissed off with meetings and life, i have loads of support as i have 1 2 stepped many but i don't want to listen because "i know it all"... the only thing i don't know is how to put the top back on the bottle.. i'm arrogant and angry right now. how did it happen????, i was doing so well. i feel like ending it all...
What I read from your post is you feel humulated because you went out after eight years. O.k. it is what it is but you don`t need to "confess" anything at this point. Just get back to a meeting and take it from there. If you`ve told others then maybe go to a meeting where nobody knows you.

My point is you can talk about your slip if and when you decide. You feel bad enough at the moment without continuing to kick yourself.

Good luck and keep posting!!!
Old 11-09-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your kind words, us alkies are special people even though most don't think so, just an update to you kind people, I called a friend who rushed me to hospital, I lost a lot of blood but was given a transfusion. The psychs didn't want to do much for me as it was alcohol related... surprise surprise... I drank because i was depressed in the first place, was released 2 hours ago with a plan of action which i haven't followed through. i walked to the nearest bar with bloodstained clothes and called a drink such was the craving and now i'm drinking cans as the withdrawals when i came home kicked in very quickly... quicker then i've ever witnessed, i know i done the wrong thing but i felt totally powerless. I don't want to go to treatment as I cant afford it but I think i could be left with no other option, it's soooo tough .. That one drink has taken me to the pits of hell so if any of you out there is even considering it I hope my story might deter you... God bless you all and all I ask is to say a prayer for me... Paddy...
Old 11-09-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

I'm glad to hear you're going to be OK Paddy. That's a big relief. Get the best help you can.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Paddy, I am glad you called for help. I think treatment is a good choice if there is any way you can go. I am praying for you.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thoughts and prayers are with you Paddy.

You were sober for 8 years, I could learn a lot from you, please get sober again.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Paddy - thank you for your share - you can stay sober and deep inside your heart you know this.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Paddy, please, please...
Old 11-09-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for letting us know you are okay, Paddy.

You have the power to stop this, but you have to appreciate that you *do* have the power to stop - believe it, than act on it. Please keep posting and let us encourage and support you.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Paddy

May God be with you and give you some peace. Please keep checking in and letting us know how you are getting on.

I'm coming up for 3 years sober and so your story scares me as near death from suicidal activity was how I ended up when I last drank (I hung myself and was cut down by the police); I hope and pray that sobriety stays with me for as long as I live and I hope the same goes for you.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hope you are ok paddy try to understand you're not alone. We all want you to live a happy life and deep down it seems you want that too. You didn't spend those years sober for nothing, it still counts and shows you've got the will to live inside you. You're a survivor. Try to get yourself in a safe supervised environment where you will be kept away from drink for as long as possible, whether with a friend or a hospital or rehab or any community group. You can get past this episode a lot of us have been at the end of our ropes and we're all rooting for you. AA meetings around? Pick up the phone, reach out as soon as you can