It's all about me Part 5

Old 05-21-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I have an old catalog from 1974! It's full of fascinating stories, pictures, etc. I came across this article while reading thru it last night! (See I don't watch TV all the time Allfor! I can multi task quite well! LOL) I figured Charley would get a kick out of it considering she's sick! And ALL of Y'ALL be sure to read the short "I count one day" article!

TOD
Old 05-21-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hey! I even managed to scoot the ads on the side of the page - OFF the page! I LIKE it! My screen is set at 125% in case you're wondering how I managed to do that?

TOD
Old 05-21-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

I love the article! I have some old catalogs from Sears Im keeping. Also have an old catalog of toys maybe it was from them cant remember now. But Im keeping them, they dont make catalogs like those anymore. Does JCPenney make a catalog anymore? I think I have one of those from years ago too. I love old scrapbooks, my moms got a couple from grandparents and they are very cool. Pictures, articles, and cut out clips of obituaries. Those are depressing.

Im happy your ok and working, cleaning and watching tv. I was afraid you were getting sad. Cant have that! Not on my watch!

OmG Clean if only you had worked on your puppet! This would have been a great time to whip it out. Puppet holding a glass of toxic water! You know add some salt to make it look toxic! We have to get working on these! I hope you and hubs kiss and make up before the night falls.

Speaking of water, did you ever read on the garden hoses they are not for drinking water? Someone told me you need special ones for this. The hose does not have a tag, how am I supposed to know? Why would I want to water my garden if the hose water is unsafe? Wont bad stuff be absorbed by the plants. Mr Blue didnt know, he said people have been using water hoses for years for all kinds of things, he didnt know if there was a serious issue with it, but maybe its another thing we have all been doing and didnt realize it was bad. This cheered me up. Not.

Thinking of you Charley.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Ha ha ha!

Yes Blue we kissed and made up! But it could've been a whole lot faster if I had a puppet! Darn!!!

TOD I love that article and cool magazine. My mom, the big collector has many many old catalogues and magazines. My Dad said they are sitting in his basement til I'm ready for them .

Oh...and in answer to your question Blue, JC Penney's does not have a catalogue anymore....so hang on to that .

Charley I saw you earlier but you didn't post! Are you ok? Sending a pm out to you.

TOD I'm so glad you are ok and just busy!
Old 05-21-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Clean and Blue:

I've been watching a LOT of TV! Especially movies! It has been a TRUE delight! I feel like I've opened a new door within myself! A new person has emerged! I see so much more in them now than I did while on the opiates! I've watched a lot of movies I've seen before and there will be something in them that makes me say: "WOW! I can't believe I missed that! Or? So that's why that happened?"

I used to go on these book reading binges! Now it's movies and shows! LOL I'll reach a point I'll get tired of it. Well the movies anyway! And Thank goodness for DVR and fast forwarding! I get thru my shows a lot quicker!

I'm trying to get back on days again! Ik Ik Ik Molly gave me looks today: "Mom? Seriously? Really? We're doing this again?" LOL Doing all the work today has my legs in full blown RLS! I'm standing up typing this post! I'm watching the Red nose show, then I'm hitting the shower and off to bed!

It's cold here tonight! It's 55 degrees. The warm/hot days are coming again though! One more comfortable day, rain and the uncomfortable temps!

I took Maria outside this afternoon while Jethro was gone to work on someone's riding lawnmower! She found a couple of crickets and was a happy camper! Magnum scared the dickens out of her though and every time we touched her she went off!

A couple of days ago there was a take down on Pharmacists, Doctors and nurses involved in pill mills here in our state as well as several others! It was close to 300 ppl that has been arrested. Walgreens and Walmart called DEA to tell them this clinic was writing thousands of scripts for pain meds! A woman had also called to complain about how many opiates her mother had been receiving from one of these doctors as well. Her mother passed from an OD.

Jethro and I will be celebrating our 6th year wedding anniversary this Saturday! Together a total of 8 years!

TOD
Old 05-22-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Everyone!

Burr! It's chilly on the porch this morning! But the sun is out and streaming in the windows. Supposed to reach 74 degrees today! I'll take it! It's going to be stormy this weekend starting Saturday night thru Monday! UGH! I'm sick of cleaning up mud off the floors from Jethro walking it in on his shoes! His shoes have deep grooves in them. It gathers in the grooves and then falls off in the house!

He did a good one day before yesterday! He had a large baggie filled with cornmeal and the fish in the bag for coating! He was shaking the bag and turning it from side to side! Yep! Y'all guessed it! The bag came open and a lot of the cornmeal went everywhere! LOL I wondered why the vacuum cleaner was out when I got up! Now I know!

Our new neighbor was working on the house next door yesterday! Jethro said he spoke with him and they'll be moving in soon! I guess I need to get over there one of these days and meet them! It's time to put my bitterness away over losing our friends due to their foreclosure and what all went down with it. Jethro said they are very nice people and the two kids have already been over here talking with Jethro when he took the Go Cart for a ride! Jethro and their father have already learned the scratch my back, I'll scratch your back benefit! Jethro also said the mom has warned him the kids will be over here wanting to pet/hold the chickens! LOL They've all already fell in love with Maria!

Cleanin: I've been blowing at the storms real hard trying to send it y'all's way! LOL

Charley: What's up? Are you feeling any better?

TOD
Old 05-22-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Quickly checking in. I'm sorry if I've worried you all! We have a drop dead deadline at work of Monday ... well we have drop dead deadlines every month but this one is especially hectic and busy and after missing a day of work I'm really behind, not to mention the cough I have seems to have settled in my chest. It's horrible to be feeling so under the weather when the real weather is so gorgeous, 26C today (almost 82, can't remember exact conversion at the mo) and I've got a ton of bedding plants and two rose bunches waiting to be replanted. (See Tod you inspired me to try roses!)
Tomorrow we need to help my mom move and hopefully Sunday I can replant my flowers, Monday is work deadline and counselling again and hopefully by Tues I'll start moving into my new office and being able to breathe again
Old 05-22-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Charley so happy to see you here! Don't worry we understand! You have a lot going on right now! I just don't want you to think that when you are having a problem or under the weather you can't post. I know I probably gave that impression...or I think I might have? My weaknesses are mine to overcome though...not yours if you get what I mean? Lol thoughts are all over the place today. I have one little girl that keeps asking me if I'm through with the iPad. Lol They are home and driving me bonkers!

So you all might not hear from me much today. Sorry! TOD blow a little harder!
Old 05-22-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Checking in too. Sorry your so busy with work Charley, but hope next week things begin to smooth out and you feel better too.

We have a long weekend so I probably wont be on much either but all is ok here.

How old are the kids who will be moving in Tod? They will love the chickens and how cuddly they are. Maybe these people will become good friends, you never know.

Clean sorry you cant get a good safe rainstorm. Ha! There is the whole fresh feeling with a summer storm. Its about 70 here today I guess. Nice day so far.

((Hugs)) everyone have a good day!
Old 05-23-2015, 01:18 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

TOD, don’t tell me this is where Vicks Vapor rub got its start, grease from a goose.. LOL I enjoy reading the old papers too. Never heard the one about the pine bark mixed, but it makes sense because of the cedar smell.

You earning your pay these last few weeks Charley.. I hope your replacement is able to get up to speed soon so then you will be able to focus only on your new duties. In a way maybe its helped keep your mind off things and has given you a little breather.

Cleanin.. your kids must be on vacation for a few days.. and I bet they only have a couple of weeks left overall.. are they getting excited, or will they miss being in school? I know you are extra busy when they are home..

My son is going to a pool party tomorrow. He has the cutest floatie thing.. don’t know how to describe it, but it has a seat on it, and it looks like a whale combined with a horse. He has a whale head, and a whale tail.. but you sit on him like a horse. He does fairly good staying on it, but we will be watching him in the kiddie pool. He is excited to play with the other kids and has been talking about it. He thinks beachballs are the most wonderful things. They hit you and don’t hurt
Then we are having people over on the holiday. I figured I probably wont feel like it at Labor Day.. I will be the one looking like a whale with only a few weeks to go at that point. Better enjoy a get together now while I can.

A while back we were talking about products to sample. I think Im going to try the Wen Cleansing Hair Conditioner. Someone at work told me they liked it, and I have been seeing their promos for a while. I can try it once – see if it works as promised.

Blue, Ive volunteered for a local animal rescue, but nothing to the extent of what your talking about. I havent heard them report about too many birds, seals, etc on the news.. but I did hear about lots of fish. And then there was an Earthquake near Las Vegas today.

I was thinking about Eyes today.. has anyone talked to her lately?

I hope everyone has a good weekend, Happy Memorial Day.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Good morning ladies!

It's a lovely sunny 53 degree morning here on the island!

Yes kids will be out of school soon for summer vacation. But probably not as early as kids in your states. I know back home in IL they are out end of May first week in June at least.; but here, not until the third week in June ..I believe the 26th is the last day. But the whole month of June are really just fun days for the kids....pretty much. They don't want to say that....but the schedule field trips, pizza day, field day and picnics within that month. Ha! But you know they have to have a certain amount of instruction days.

I've seen that Wen conditioner advertised. It looks like it would work well. Let me know!
Alright....I'll bbl my husband is pulling me out the door. Ha!
Old 05-23-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Old newspapers and magazines are fun! I wrote a paper using women's magazines from the 1880s and 1920s as my source base. It was very interesting to go through them and read the articles. I loved it and got an A on my paper I just bought a book that goes in the same direction as the topic of the class. I could really see myself doing research in that area. My prof was awesome, i hope i can take her again.

Allfor, the poo party sounds fun and the pool thing of your son sounds adorable! I am sure he will have a blast.

Earthquake in Las Vegas? Hmm cool! i'm going there tomorrow! haha!

i hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Old 05-23-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Oh allfor hope your son enjoys the pool party! It sounds like fun! Hope you have a great memorial day too ....you look busy! You too Butter! Enjoy Vegas. Good Luck! Hope you get a winning streak!

Tod enjoy your memorial day weekend too! Doing anything with family that day?

Charley hope you can get some rest this weekend. I think you already had your long weekend last week right?

I'm not doing much of anything. Will be here at home most likely. But I'm going to try to grill out back. I'm not much of a griller..neither is hubs...so we will see how it goes. Ha! Lots of people buying watermelons though? Felt like it was fourth of July.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi everyone!

We've been outside doing yard stuff! Jethro attached the 30 gallon jug to the 4-wheeler and filled it with ant poison! He went around the yard several times spraying the ant hills as well as around the house!

I got him to help me with Marilyn, Marvin and Magnum! The two chickens got butt washings and sprayed with bug repellent! Then we sprayed Magnum for fleas! It's 83 degrees right now and they'll have time to dry off before coming inside!

Now for a story! I've got a lot of hamburger meat, steaks and chicken in the freezer that has been bought from the stores! For one reason or another they reached a date I wasn't wanting to cook it! So I put it back in the freezer to give away to some animal place later on! And here's where it gets interesting!

I called the Humane Society, Animal Control, Crocodile Farm, Zoo, etc. NOBODY would take the hamburger meat! Unbelievable! I kept getting told; due to the process of it they wouldn't feed it to the animals. Well what the heck is it doing to humans then? The steak and chicken they would take though!

When I looked up the crocodile farms info? I saw a picture of a thing they call "A Merman"! Has the head of a person and the body of an alligator. The lady said it's enclosed in a glass case and has been there for 130 years! It's also been published thru Ripley's Believe It or Not!

Jethro told me a few minutes ago: "After we rest for a little bit. You get a shower. Powder your puff and get your war paint on. I'll take you out for a nice dinner to celebrate our anniversary!" Now isn't that just so Romantic? ROFL He's also told me several times: He's loving having me up during the day with him! I answered back: If you had your way? I'd be velcro'ed to your butt 24/7! I got the thumbs up!

Did y'all know? Gunpowder was invented in the 9th Century by Chinese Alchemists while trying to invent a way for eternal life! Amazing!

Okay! I better get moving!

Wishing everyone a happy weekend and a good Memorial Day! It's going to start storming here later tonight! Our next two days will be ducking rain drops and floods!

TOD
Old 05-24-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Jethro and I had a good evening together! We went to eat at a buffet/ steak house! Very good and very filling! We left there and went to walmart! We've gotten to know so many employees in this store that it's opened up doors to learning interesting things! What we learned last night is down right scary! But there's nothing anyone can do about it! An invasion of sorts and I'm not talking about illegals! Makes me wonder what the hell they are doing in walmart?

We got home around 10:00 PM. Maria was thrilled to have us back home! We got fussed at for running off and leaving her! After getting everything put away, changed into comfy clothes we sat down in front of our TV's for a little while. I couldn't hardly hold my eyes open and soon went to bed! Molly didn't mind going back to bed two hrs after being up either! It's almost noon time and Maria is still snuggled under her pink blankie on Jethro's bed! Those two girls can put some hours away sleeping!

Yesterday after spraying Marvin and Marilyn with bug spray? I saw them a little later on in a dust bath! ARGH! Wet and rolling in dirt isn't a good thing! I was happy to see they had shook the majority of it off before coming inside! Marilyn has decided she only wants shredded cheese now. Not so much on the canned corn anymore! (Martha Mae had done the same thing!) And of course the Parakeet bird seeds! I've even seen the little black ants carrying one little seed at a time off too! That's a funny thing to watch! Single file little seeds going across the ground!

The storms we were expecting today is so far missing us! What's coming up from the bottom though won't! Just don't know what time it will get here! The humidity has reached a point we feel like we are wearing it when outside! UGH!

My older sister sent me a text yesterday with a picture of mom in the grave yard where dad is buried. We were told to come with lawnmowers, etc. The grass and weeds have gotten really out of hand there. Since we had already made plans for the day? I told her as such! She answered back with: "Not today!" Well what the hell? She needs to be more clear in her texts!

Anyhow! How's everyone else doing? Lazing around or being productive? Jethro just announced he made pancakes! Time to go eat!

TOD
Old 05-24-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Happy Anniversary Tod. Great you two went out to celebrate, and even better you had a wonderful time!

We have been having a lazy weekend so far! Loving it!

I did do a little cleaning because when you find dirt, you do have to clean it up or it sets a new sort of precedence to ignore. Plus strangely I could hear my moms voice in my head and it said "clean". At first I thought it just meant to talk to Clean, but nope it meant "clean it or these thoughts will plague you all day". But it was fun talking to you anyway Clean!

Hahahaha

Back to being lazy. BUTTER ARE YOU IN VEGAS, Woo Hoo. Remember what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!
Old 05-25-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Memorial Day to Everyone!

There were several soldiers in the units I've been a part of that never made it home! My company commander lost half an arm! There's so many things that stick with me from the time I was in the Army! Bad times as well as good times! It's hard for those never serving in the military to understand the brotherhood/sisterhood that forms within the troops! I'm grateful everyday for making the chose to become a soldier back in 1984! It's a part of me and helped shaped me into who I am today!

God Bless the Military and those that help keep us Free today!

TOD
Old 05-25-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

https://vine.co/v/ezYjitwnuXK
Old 05-25-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

I agree TOD! A huge THANK YOU to all those service men and women who sacrificed their tomorrow's for our today's! Words are not sufficient!

Just got back from the Memorial Day parade here. It was nice.

The above link was sent to me via Facebook....poor baby....too cute! Ha!
Old 05-25-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

A quick hello and Happy Memorial Day!

Good videos from everyone. I cant help but think about some of the things youve seen and people you know and have lost in the service Tod. Thank you for supporting and strengthening the military !

Your husband was in service too right Clean. He gets extra ((hugs)) today.

Hope everyone enjoys their day!