It's all about me Part 5

Old 06-12-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

HI guys, really quick. Haven't forgotten about you, just been busy. Right in the middle of work, and I've been writing an article for a garden site too along with all the other typical nonsense that is life. I'll try to catch up this weekend.
Still here still sober.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

How exhausting Tod. And you did all this while Ive not accomplished anything of value today at work or for myself. But its Friday and I am going home! Ok going to be stuck in traffic a while before I get home, but still there is Light at the end of the work week.

At least give the un-named an initial Butter. He deserves an initial! Haha. Or a nickname? This puts him beyond the "initial" level!
Old 06-12-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Ugh Butter, lol, no more babies coming from me ... this uterus is officially closed for business and I agree, please give this unnamed person an initial!

Sitting at my two nieces' dance recital. Tomorrow night is DD'S and then dance is done for another year. Can hardly believe the rate everyone is growing! They are growing into beautiful amazing young women.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:07 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

wait are you telling me that my psychic skills are not that good?
well, at least I got allfor right. (well that was not too difficult) and there's still clean:P

Haha noooo!!!! the one who shall not be named does not get an initial nor a nickname
Old 06-12-2015, 10:42 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Ok. From here on, I shall refer to The One Who Shall Not Be Named as TOWSNBN. I have no idea how to pronounce it lol so don't ask
Old 06-13-2015, 01:24 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

She got you Buttercup.. TOWSNBN is an excellent way to express his lack of name. Poor fella... Now Im going to be very bad and tease you.. YOU DO KNOW HIS NAME right? LOL I know you do, but I couldn't resist.

This makes me think of something. Has anyone ever looked up their old high school, college crushes, boyfriends, etc? to see how they look, how they turned out? I guess this is what class reunions are for ?

Good for you TOD adding more movie channels.. you are doing great following our new recovery plan... Cleanin has tvs in every room including the kitchen... she is doing good too. Blue watches with her Husbunny.. Butter how is your TV over where you live? You must have got used to some American shows? Which place has better programming and availability to movies? Charley - your very quiet about your tv activities.. LOL

Munchkin, How interesting to be writing a garden article. The last couple years Ive been having my son help plant things and teaching him about how things grow, and how they require water and all those good things. He gets excited waiting for tomatoes to change color. He likes to pull weeds and dig holes to plant. Gardening is actually very good therapy. Good luck with your article.

Where is Cleanin today?

I dont have an exciting weekend planned. We have a graduation party to attend tomorrow, and that will take most of the afternoon. I think we are going to try to fit in a date night IF my son will stay with grandparents for a few hours at least. Kitty has been having a hard time today, cant walk good again, must be changes going on due to the radiation. I called the vet after hours and they suggested waiting until tomorrow and seeing how it is, and maybe a dose of pain meds if necessary tonight.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good morning people's!

I passed out at 7:30 PM and woke up at 4:30 AM! Ik Ik Ik I have crazy hours! LOL After staying up all night, going to the dentist early yesterday morning, running all over town, etc.? And after taking two .05mg valiums? Which is a knockout medicine for me once I'm out of the dentist chair? I couldn't hold my eyes open any longer! TB was talking to me by text not long after I got home. I kept waking up with one letter scrolling across the phones screen! Thank goodness I caught it before I hit the send button! LOL No crap from you either TB!

For those that don't know TB/Timebuster? He's been on SR for years! He's gone thru hell and back to survive! He's a good person and a good friend to me!

When I came out here this morning? Jethro had all the shades closed! I haven't closed the shades in a long time! Marilyn was wedged up against the front of her cage. She didn't know what to make of the shades closed behind herself! It's also the window the sun comes thru and hits the window the cats sit in! I don't ever close those shades specifically for that reason!

When daylight first started showing thru the windows. Marilyn was fussing to go outside. I got her plate of shredded cheese and canned corn. I let her out, set the plate in front of her and she turned looking at me as if to say: "Where's the pieces of Bologna? You holding out on me mom? No meat this morning?" ARGH I usually have leftover Bologna that Molly and Maria didn't eat. Since my hours were all screwed up? I didn't have any for her! She's pushing her "I'm spoiled now momma" way too far!

I just got an answer back from my hair gal. Going to get my hair done this afternoon! At least I can go six weeks before I need it done again! She better get her coffee drank and get prepared for her Energy boost to come see her! LOL

Mom had fussed yesterday about needing to come get some coffee water. I groaned and said: "Mom? You have a gate opener key and a set of keys to the house! You know you can come anytime you want to?" She said: "I know, but someone's either asleep or doing something else anytime I call about coming out!" I told her to put her little ole self in her car and come on! Don't worry about what we're doing! And if she wants to clean house while she's here? Feel free to do that too! LOL Oh the guffs and ha's ha's I got out of that one! LOL

On a sadder note though! She told us yesterday Little Sissy was put to sleep Sunday! She was 15 years old! She was a sweet little chi dog! Mom said: "Sissy had reached a point she would fall backwards and then would make circles with her front feet trying to get up. I told mom she would know when Sissy needed to be put down. And when Sissy could no longer walk or get around? That's when mom decided to call my older sister's BF to take her in! Mom left before they got there. My sister and BF had her buried and all her stuff cleaned up before mom got back home. This is another piece of dad that she has lost. Sissy loved dad and was pretty much his dog.

TOD
Old 06-13-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Good one Charley Well, i just mentioned it since it completes the B story, but I am not planning on addressing the person who shall not be named further. Keep moving ladies, nothing to see her

I feel miserable. I had a great night last night, I went out with my oldest friend who is in town because she torn her acl a few months ago. I really had fun, despite all the problems. I told my mom to tell me if they were doing something. So she texted me saying that they were working in the garden but we agreed that i'd be coming over for dinner. So far so good. Later I asked her if she is going to pick me up. I don't have a car and they live about 15' away. She said no, i could take my motorbike. I told her a couple times already, that I do not feel comfortable riding my scooter. I can't explain why, i'm just scared and have a bad gut feeling. I've been driving it for almost 10 years, I only had one minor accident, so i do think it's safe, but i don't know. I just feel as if shoudn't be driving it right now. I told that my mom and asked her if she can pick me up this time and i'd work on that and take it the next time. She said no, either i'll take the scooter or i stay home. Her message sounded kinda rude and I said, well then i'm staying, you could have said it nicer or even picked me up. I know it sucks to drive 15 minutes here and back, plus bringing me back, but i'm sorry, she taught me to listen to my gut feeling, and do i need to have an accident, so that I have to say "i told you so" honestly, I did not choose this situation. I hate it, but it's the only option. Well, one word led to another and we had this huge fight. She's mad at me, i'm mad at her and i feel it proves my point, that it's me against them. She's with my dad and I can see where i am. I don't want to be here, I have no one here besides a few friends. My US friends are having this huge party tonight, and i'm here. i didn't feel like going out yesterday, so I decided to go anyways and I had a great time. I was looking forward to spending time with my parents, but then once again my positivity was destroyed. I'm done fighting, why do I even still try? Apparently, seeing me and spending time with me was less important for my mom than not having to drive. Eventually, i broke down and spent an hour crying. I feel miserable, I hate it here so much, i feel almost constantly uncomfortable and i don't even have the support of my family.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Oh Butter. I am so so sorry. I agree with you that it is important to listen to our gut feelings. If you didn't feel safe then you shouldn't do it and that should be enough explanation. I'm sorry that you weren't able to have a nice evening with your family and even more sorry that you are missing your US friends. Have you tried any US banks for loans? I know when we lived in the US they were very helpful with us, the US does not recognize Cdn credit ratings and we had to start from scratch.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

thanks charley.

well, i could get a loan from a US bank but then I need an american co-signer who I don't have. i have no one I could ask for that

Once again, i tried to pick myself up, decided to go out with a friend, it sucked. We were still tired from last night. The music sucked and the people too, so we're already on our way home.

I'm done. I don't want anymore. I can't do it anymore and i feel so lonely. I have no one who understands.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Sorry to go MIA on you. Well, I guess my leg pain is cramping. That side of my leg balled up so tightly that it's stuck in cramp mode and doesn't relax. So when I walk on it it causes massive amounts of pain. I'm stuck in bed now. Today I only got up to use the bathroom and endured horrible pain to do it. I have a heating pad on it and took one of my husband's muscle relaxants. I felt like it was improving somewhat. But I'm not sure. We tried to massage it out, but the pain is unbearable and it looks bruised now too. I was taking my diuretic again which I am supposed to take to help with the swelling in my calves and feet. The swelling is from the sub I'm taking. A huge reason to get off this med. I have gone down to lowered amounts and it helps me with the swelling. Anyway, I'm in pain and stuck in bed.....so frustrated!

Butter sorry about what happened with your parents. The big fight with your mom and your worries about using your scooter. My daughter has been after us to buy a motorcycle. But I'm not allowing it for the exact same reason......I have a gut feeling she will crash and be seriously injured or die in an accident. She drives like she's always in a hurry. She's a good driver and I know she has good reflexes and everything...but it's more about not trusting the other people on the road. There are just way too many driving while under the influence. I don't know if you guys noticed this or not....but I do not drive while on sub anymore. I did at first because my doctor said it was safe, but awhile ago, I heard on the news that someone was arrested for driving while under the influence of sub. Apparently, driving after taking any kind of opiate is against the law....even if it's legally prescribed....even sub, which doesn't get you high like the other faster acting ones. (That law might be in my state only...not sure?)
Old 06-13-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Charley I'm glad your DD completed another successful year of Dance. Yay! She came out winning quite a few competitions right?

Munchkin so happy to hear from you. I was worried about you! That gardening article sounds interesting. So you are a professional writer too?

TOD glad you got thru the crowning okay. Looks like lots of things are happening at your place. But so sorry about your mom's little chia. How sad! That must have brought back memories of your Dad...too. Since she was his doggy. Idk where our pets go....but I believe they go someplace super special and I do believe we get to be with them again too. Who knows maybe your Dad is with her right now? Never know?

Allfor hope your little kitty feels better. I know these treatments are upsetting you. They had a segment on the TV this morning from an exotic pet hospital. It was very interesting. They showed all the different animals who were there waiting or recovering for various surgeries and/or treatments. Two were a bunny and a gerbil with ear tumors. A snake that was having trouble digesting it's food. There were two huge tropical birds there too. One was a parrot..the other was the bird pictured on the cereal box. Can't remember the name off hand. But the parrot was losing feathers. The vet said it needed more excitement....and was too bored...so it cleaned itself too much...causing it to lose it's feathers. Poor animals.
Made me think about you and your kitty.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Thanks Cleanin.. kitty seemed a little better today. I asked someone to come over and watch my son at our house while we were out for a while, so they could also keep an eye on kitty. I enjoy all the animal shows.. don't like to hear about their being sick but they are all very interesting.

I feel so bad that your leg is hurting so intensely. I know you would be up and about doing all kinds of things if you were not in real pain. I don't have any home remedies for muscle cramps. I would see the Dr on Monday if its not better because you shouldn't have to endure such pain.

Buttercup.. Im sorry your having such a hard time back at home. Arguments with those closest to us hurt the most.. I hope you were able to talk to your mom again and work through it. Or maybe a bit of time is necessary. I know it must be culture shock going back after being here for two semesters.. Thinking of you...

Hi Munchkin

Hi Charley, DD must be happy to have the summer off. Does she take the opportunity to slack off a little bit? I know most dancers are very careful with their eating, practice, etc. But you said she goes to camp every year and is now able to help supervise ?

Hi Blue.. finally was able to write you back, sorry it took me so long. Hope you and Husbunny are having a good weekend.

Tod. Im sorry to hear about your moms doggie. Terrible she had to make that decision, but its good she was able to know when the time was right and have peace with it. Hope your hair turned out well.

Have a nice Sunday
Old 06-14-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Peoples!

Yesterday turned from a one trip to the salon into an all day affair all over town. MOM called Jethro and announced she was coming over with the two Chi dogs! He sent me a text and I answered him back with: "WHAT?" He said: "That's what I'm wondering too!" LOL

She showed up here with the two little ones while I was still at the salon. It took me another hour before I could get out of there. Jethro entertained mom with the laptop hooked up to the big screen TV! He google earthed places she used to live and other places she wanted to take a look at. So she stood right in front of the large screen TV pointing to things while Jethro managed the controls. Mom doesn't understand beans about electronics so it's always fascinating to her to view things! Actually! Everything is a delight to my mom! She's a real treat to spend time with!

She told me yesterday she has a bacteria something or another in her colon. She's going to need another scope done in six months. This will be her third one within a years time. I hope this doctor gets her colon problem figured out.

After I finished at the salon. I met them for lunch at a mexican restaurant. We left there and went to Target. Went next door to another store too. Then we went to Kohls! After that we went home. Mom and Jethro filled all the bottles up with water and loaded her car. She uses our city water to make her coffee with. She's on well water at her house!

I had Maria on the porch here since her two dogs were in the house. I was standing at my printer waiting for the printing to finish when she came out here to leave. Well there stood Maria behind me and mom's two little dogs came rushing out here. Maria bowed up, fluffed up all her feathers and threw her wings out, then rushed the both of them when they came at her. CHIT! I turned, snatched her off the floor and looked at mom! Mom was like: "Oh? I forgot!" Well mom opened the outside door and there stood Magnum looking inside the screen glass door at us. So I head inside and go out the back door to call him over to me. He rushes over to me and there I stand with Maria in one arm and I'm holding a hundred pound dog's collar with the other. What a sight! There's always something going on around here! LOL

There was a woman at the salon getting her hair done and we had a lot of fun talking. She asked me how often do I get my hair done because she wanted to be there for the enjoyment! LOL I told her every six weeks if not longer! When she was done with her haircut, eyebrow waxing, upper lip waxing she announced she was going dancing later tonight at the VFW! She said she'd dance with anything that was hanging! OMG! The laughter got pretty loud in the salon!

Yesterday was a fun filled eventful day for us around here! I was dragging butt by the time mom left! She can wear anyone out! She never slows down! I laughed so hard at her astonished look over the price of something in one of the stores I had to walk away to collect myself! She said: "Hell! I could make that for $5.00 and here it's priced for $80.00!"

I asked her what her plans were for entertaining my granddaughter, her great granddaughter when she arrives next month to visit for two weeks? She told me: "You better be awake to help me because I'm depending on you to help!" I stared at her for a minute and said: "Okay! I might be like a doe in headlights, but I'll be there!" We all laughed!

TOD
Old 06-14-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Tod, you always have the most eventful days!

Clean, is your leg better? I'm worried about you! Have you seen a Dr? My grandpa had a clot in his leg and it was very painful - if it's still hurting please see a Dr!
And I have to ask, what are subs? I know you've been on them a while but I'm not exactly sure what it means.

Butter, how are you today?

Allfor, thinking of you and your kitty. I can't go back and read when I post on my phone but I think you said this was your last week for kitty treatments? Big hugs.

Blue, hope you're having a great weekend. Did you and Mr Blue get to IHOP? You guys seem like the most adorable couple.

Munchkin, what kind of gardening article are you writing? I am just starting out gardening - in fact, I'm so amateur all my flowers in pots already died this year lol!

Recital went well last night. Long night but good. DS made it through but cried when we got home, it was midnight and he was so tired! DD had a girl in one of her classes who lost her mother yesterday morning. That was a bittersweet dance to watch.

Counselling starts tomorrow. The past week has been good. I'm having a lot of problems though, it's strange ... when things sort of settle down , out of the blue I will hear all the nasty things H has said to me suddenly in my head. I was helping someone at work the other day and suddenly I hear H in my head telling me horrible things. I've been having a hard time being intimate with him because suddenly those words will pop into my head. I had lunch with one of the few people I've told, she thinks it's like a form of ptsa. I don't know, no one's been hurt or killed, I haven't been to war, all that's happened is some nasty things said to me. I wish I was strong enough to just leave it behind and move on. Seriously.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Charley: It's not easy letting go of the negative stuff that's happened between you and H! Like in my situation with Jethro? I go day to day being happy and moving forward with my own life. I enjoy our happy times together, but there seems to always be this little tickling in the back of my neck (like when someone takes a feather and runs it across your skin) telling me it can go downhill quickly! Since I don't know when he takes his pain meds? I don't know when to stay out of his way. I'll be happy, busy, talking to him and then BAM! The evilness comes hurling at me out of him. I think at that time: "Well just chit! There goes my happiness!" Now I have to avoid him in order not to pizz him off with just the slightest thing I say or do!

When this happens? I go watch TV, go outside, anything to keep myself from falling into the same old rut! The thing to remember above ALL else! What H said in the past is in the past! I take negative stuff and act like I'm pulling stuff from my head like Dumbledore did in the Harry Potter movie to put in the swirling pool of memories! I want my head filled with happy thoughts! Not all the negative stuff! Negative stuff prevents us from moving forward! All the negative sucks the life right out of us too!

I let Jethro's moods and actions control my life! How stupid is that? I'm in control of my own life and I've taken it back!

As far as being intimate with H? If you are feeling intimate then enjoy the time you are feeling it. If he's feeling intimate and you aren't? Then let him know why! Like I tell Jethro: "I love you! I'm just not feeling intimate! Sorry! It's my problem, not your's, so don't take it personally!" We are human! We aren't robots! We don't have switches to turn off and on for different feelings!

SO? When you are feeling those negative feelings or thinking those negative thoughts? Get your wand out and pull them out of your head and place it in the swirling pool!

TOD
Old 06-14-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Hey ladies! Went to church today and headed over to my parents for dinner in a few.

Your mom sounds like fun Tod. I can picture her in front of the tv looking at the satellite view. Its so cute. You and Jethro could go dancing at the VFW!

Dont have time to stay longer but ((hugs)) to everyone.

Charley, I saw this article and its not exactly about the negative voices you hear, but maybe at some level you start to believe the negative things H has said. This article is about guilt and shame. How shame is allowing ourselves to feel we are bad people simply because we have made bad choices in the past. Its sort of related and you know how my mind works. Ha! I bookmarked this when I read it recently because it made lot of sense to me.

Saying Goodbye to Guilt & Shame

By*Nicole Lyons*

My children are enrolled in a martial arts class that keeps very busy.*From 4pm until 7pm twice during the week*and from 10 am until noon one day on the weekend, we schedule our plans around my children’s class. I have a confession to make. Last week I just didn’t want to go to their class. Instead of being honest with my children, I told them that classes were cancelled. It was unseasonably hot and they got to spend their evenings running through the sprinkler and helping me in the flowerbeds. I thought the situation was great until my youngest daughter said to me,*“I really wish I could have gone to jiu jitsu tonight. I have been practicing my shrimping and wanted to show my coaches.”*As soon as those words were out of her mouth, my stomach clenched into knots and I felt sick.*Not only had I been dishonest, but I had also taken something away from my kids that they enjoyed, and I had done so for nothing more than the fact that I just didn’t feel like doing it.*Bring on the award for Worst Mother of The Year; wrap that in guilt and cue shame now.

While a single act can bring about both feelings of guilt and shame they are not the same thing.*To understand what guilt and shame are capable of doing to us we first need to clarify what they are exactly, and my therapist did this for me in a way that I could wrap my head around. Guilt is,*“I did something bad”*while shame is,*“I am bad.” Obviously there is so much more to these very complex feelings, and I am in no way trying to minimize them, but this is a good starting point. Here is a great*article*on the difference between the two.

At some point in everyone’s life it is inevitable that we will*feel guilt. Last summer my*five year*old experienced guilt for the first time and while it broke my heart that she hurt, at the same time I was in awe watching her recognize her actions*and her response to remedying them. There are conflicting studies about whether or not guilt is a healthy or unhealthy emotional experience to have. If you look at my daughter’s experience, it was a valuable life lesson and a learning tool that we have used in conversations since then. It has given us a reference point and has deepened her sense of empathy, compassion and remorse. However, I have also had to use this same experience to teach her about shame, as she felt so badly about what she had done that she started to turn that hurt inward and instead of discerning*that she had made a bad choice, she had started to believe that she was a bad girl.

Guilt

Some people believe that in small doses guilt can be a positive force. If we feel badly about something we have done–real or imagined–it*can inspire us to act differently in the future. We can choose to change our behaviors. Guilt can be hurtful, but a lot of times it’s passing. People use guilt as a kind of moral compass and since this is the case, our society does use it as a means to resolve certain conflicts. What’s right and what’s wrong is based on a civilized standard, whether that is religious, spiritual or personal, guilt factors into all of it in some sense. Whether we feel guilty for something that we have done, or we have made others feel guilty as a way to communicate something that we need, there is always a way to cleanse guilt and learn from it without carrying the weight of it around all of the time. It may not be simple, I’ve struggled with it a lot, but I promise you there are ways to ease you of that guilt, and to work it to your advantage.

Acknowledge and accept the behaviour – what’s done is done, you can’t go back.Make amends – If your behaviour or actions have hurt someone, or even yourself, own it and mean it. Do what you can to make amends for that, and don’t repeat those behaviours. You have a choice.Let it go – Beating yourself up over and over is a colossal waste of your time and is only going to get you a ticket to shame.

You need to understand that nobody is perfect, and that includes you, and that’s okay. You’re going to make mistakes and so are others, if you can’t be courteous and forgiving and are having a really tough time letting go of guilt, it may just be time to speak to a therapist about it. Guilt feels awful, and it feels even worse when we feel like we deserve to feel guilty. If you’re always looking for reasons to feel bad about something, or someone in particular is projecting feelings onto you that have you feeling awful, it might go deeper than guilt. This is where you may have guilt confused with shame.

Shame

When we feel shame the first response that most of us have is to avoid or ignore whatever it is that causes us to feel that shame. If someone is overweight and they are made to feel ashamed of that, chances are they are more than likely going to pick up a fork before they pick up a gym membership. Shame does not give someone the opportunity to change. Shame is that feeling of worthlessness. It isn’t a response to an action, it’s so much deeper than that, it’s a feeling about oneself. Yes, guilt can spiral shame, but where guilt can lead to someone feeling badly enough about their actions that they will communicate them, shame can do the opposite. It can cause social withdrawal. It can lead to people feeling so poorly about themselves that they turn into people pleasers in a way to find validation from someone else, because they certainly don’t get it from themselves. The effects of shame are never healthy or constructive; in fact they are often times damaging and even*catastrophic. From depression and rage to addiction and loneliness, shame can feel like you’re never going to pull out, but there is hope. There is always hope.

Find out where the shame lies – once you’ve established what the underlying reason for that shame is, you can work on undoing it.Let yourself feel – Sometimes facing our feelings is one of the most difficult things we can do, not just because they’re uncomfortable, but also because we’re giving up control. As strange as it may sound, even though feeling as terrible as we do isn’t ideal, it’s what we know and it’s convenient.Understanding that shame IS NOT motivation – If someone is using shame as a “tool” to get something from you, or keep you in an unhealthy situation, that needs serious evaluation immediately. Shame is an abusive technique that is used to maintain control and redirect the focus of the abuser’s actions and behaviours onto you. If you are finding that you are using shame in this manner, you need to evaluate that as well.Talk to someone – Make an appointment with a therapist or your doctor.*CBTand*DBT*are both wonderful therapies that if you put in the effort, will pay off in spades.

This is a topic that I would highly suggest everyone*seek professional help with. I have*struggled with both guilt and shame for a very long time. It took years for me to acknowledge and accept the shame that I lived with and I did that with the help of my therapist, psychiatrist, support systems, and hard work.*There are so many things in life that can happen to us that are completely out of our control, these things can have tragic and lasting effect, and shame is one of them. Once you have identified the difference between guilt–which isn’t great, I’ll give you that–and shame, you’ve got something to work with. It’s time to unpack the bags because the guilt trip is over. It’s time to figure out how to start*healing.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:14 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Blue I loved that article. Very interesting. I had never actually thought about Shame in that way before. That it becomes who we are. I've used shame and guilt interchangeably but in fact, shame is the stronger of the two. Good stuff Blue.

TOD you are a busy little beaver. Ha ha! Your mom sounds like an exciting person....real fun to be around. I was listening to this program about folks who have lived to be 100 or more. They all had certain characteristics that this Doctor who was studying them felt contributed to their long life. Reading about your mother reminds me of that study.

Charley I rather like Tod's idea of tossing out the negative. It doesn't do you any good to mull over all those insulting things your husband said to you while he was under the influence of alcohol or not in in his senses. It looks to me like he projects his anger and resentment of his Mom onto you. So it makes no sense to keep those things in your mind.

Well today was a little better. My leg felt 75% better than it was. So that's good news.
I was able to get the dishes washed up...cook breakfast and dinner and do the laundry. Yay!

It's real muggy outside today. It must have been in the upper 80's with at least 80% humidity. My clothes felt like they were stuck on me today. I don't mind heat......but humidity I can do without. We were planning to go to the beach...but didn't because of my leg. But now I think it would have been better to go. I think it's cooling down somewhat since a cool front just passed thru bringing much needed rain to our area. But no thunderstorm so far.....just a rain shower. But those are nice to sleep with. I can hear the pitter patter on the windows....and the puddles splashing when a car rolls by.

Ok....pleasant dreams guys. For those of you on normal schedules. Just kidding TOD.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
It's been awhile but I'm so glad to see everyone again, like a reunion!
I've missed you and all the chats we had that helped us all when we first
came to SR. Quite a rocky road, no?
TF
Old 06-15-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good morning peoples!

Ha Ha Cleanin! I went to bed at 9:00 PM last night. I'm awake again at 8:00 AM! Told Jethro last night I couldn't hold my eyes open any longer. If he wanted me back on days he'd just have to deal with my crazy hours right now! He said: "Not a problem! I'd rather have you awake on days !" UGH! The changes we go thru when we are no longer on our opiates! LOL Mentally I'm ready for the change, but the rest of me still wants to sleep during the day! Jethro and mom are both wanting needing me awake during the day! So it's a matter of getting it accomplished! I'll get more done around here if I'm awake during the day also!

We have that muggy/sticky weather right now too! And it also rained yesterday and predicted rain every day this week! Thank goodness for A/C!

After mom left here Saturday? Jethro wanted me to go with him to return the TV he bought so I could pick out another one! ARGH! So we loaded up in the truck and headed to walmart! We got the TV returned and headed back to the electronics department. Out of the blue the guy we know well back there, peeps around the corner at us. I grabbed his sleeve and said: "JUST the person I was needing to talk to as I pulled him towards us!" I let go of him and he stood there laughing while straightening his shirt! Oh the conversation that ensued from that point on about which flat screen to get! LOL Well I finally picked one out and I'm watching it now. Can't say I'm real happy with it though! I've tweeked it every which way I can, but I'm still not happy with it. It's probably going back! I even asked Jethro if he thought he could fix mine with the speaker problem? He said he'd take a look at it!
************************************************** *******************************
Took a few minutes here to make my herbal shake and to say good morning to Miss Maria sitting on Jethro's shoulder in the living room! She saw me walk in and got all excited: Hey? Mom's awake! This is a welcome sight! I get to go outside more now! LOL

While in the kitchen I asked Jethro what was all over the floor from after I went to bed! He said: "Well I peed all over it!" Ummmm NOPE that's not what it looks like! He let one rumble across the floor and said: "Maybe that's it?" I said: Well yeah it looks more like it and Maria? I'm sorry sugar. I don't have a gas mask small enough to fit your little face!" Jethro sat there with a big ole grin on his face and continued typing on his laptop!

The sun has come out from behind the clouds now! All the windows are wet so they'll start to dry off now. It's also going to be humid as hell right now outside. I guess I need to buy me one of those fishing vests with the multiple pockets in it. I then can put a small ice pack in each pocket to keep myself cool while outside!

Hello Twofish! How the heck are you? You still smothering that grandbaby in sugars?

TOD