Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 12

Old 01-16-2017, 09:26 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
I went to a wonderful dentist last night (my Parents dentist) who took 3 lots of x-rays and did a full examination and refused to charge me anything. She was so lovely... She said that the abscess originates from one of my teeth that has been previously treated by another dentist, and that she has actually never seen such a big abscess before. It has spread from my tooth all the way through my face up to my right temple, so I am one lucky girl. She said it could have gone up to my my brain had I not got onto the right antibiotics.
I feel very confident with her and she is going to put the antibiotics right down into the tooth before any root canal treatment can happen and then another course of oral antibiotics for my face..
I guess that explains the need for morphine!!! I'm currently in no pain so something is working.
She also said that she is going to discount my treatment as I am a working single mum who is studying as she was in the same position whilst studying to be a dentist. I actually feel soooo blessed. Very humbled by the whole experience.
That is wonderful news Nic, I'm so glad she found exactly what is wrong, and that she is discounting the price. I am also very glad the infection didn't spread to your brain, that is scary.

Prayers for quick healing my friend.
❤️Delilah
Old 01-16-2017, 10:24 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
That is wonderful news Nic, I'm so glad she found exactly what is wrong, and that she is discounting the price. I am also very glad the infection didn't spread to your brain, that is scary.

Prayers for quick healing my friend.
❤️Delilah
Thanks lovely... I am relieved the pain has gone and i feel like I can function again. Was unbearable...
Just looking forward to having it permanently sorted (as much as teeth can be)and joining the real world again haha!! xxx
Old 01-17-2017, 12:54 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really glad you sorted that out Nic

D
Old 01-17-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Feeling like a million dollars tonight lol x
Old 01-17-2017, 12:07 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hello a Jannies,

Happy Tuesday, hope everyone is doing well!

❤️Delilah
Old 01-17-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Morning..Wednesday here, and I'm at work.. Countdown to the weekend

Hope everyone is doing well xx
Old 01-17-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Nic, that was scary to read about the extent of your infection and I'm so glad that you now have a good doctor and that the antibiotics worked! Take care honey.....

Thank you my dear Jannies & Dee for your warm support & advice. Love to all...xxx
Old 01-17-2017, 11:14 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Thanks Bandi!! Feeling back to my old self after all my meds!!! xxx
Old 01-18-2017, 02:22 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Nic- I am so glad you are okay and feeling better!

Jannies, just saying hi- I am on day 7 and feeling amazing. I found a new hypnosis track and I swear it is changing me from the inside out- it's amazing! Hoping this isn't the pink cloud talking and it's for real.
Love to all of you!
Old 01-18-2017, 06:07 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Good morning Sunflower! -
The pink cloud is wonderful and I sure enjoyed it while it lasted. What comes after that is even better......I have faith you will find it.

Morning Jannies ---wishing everyone a good one. xxxx
Old 01-18-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Nic- I am so glad you are okay and feeling better!

Jannies, just saying hi- I am on day 7 and feeling amazing. I found a new hypnosis track and I swear it is changing me from the inside out- it's amazing! Hoping this isn't the pink cloud talking and it's for real.
Love to all of you!
Sunnie- I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well... This time will stick, I'm sure!! I am on day 17 and am also feeling great!! To be honest I haven't even thought about alcohol at all.. Think my infection took the focus off drinking for me altogether which got me through the hardest 2 weeks! Maybe it was a blessing? A severe one but still.. I am still sober lol!!!!! x
Old 01-18-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Delilah, I just read on the 24 hour posts about your dog.. Holy moly that must have been so scary... Hope you have recovered and your dog is doing well too..... xx
Old 01-18-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Delilah, I just read on the 24 hour posts about your dog.. Holy moly that must have been so scary... Hope you have recovered and your dog is doing well too..... xx
Thanks Nic, it was very scary, thankfully she didn't run into the street. I should have known better than to try to bring them both in at the same time. She is way too skittish, and I will be buying her a new collar!
Old 01-18-2017, 08:29 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

Happy Wednesday! Hope everyone is having a great week. We are expecting rain here the next few days, I was at the store earlier, and people were stocking up as if we were expecting a blizzard!

Nic and Sunny, it is really nice to have you both back again.

Sunny, hypnosis sounds interesting, I have always been curious about it, but never tried.

Bandi, are you back to 100% yet? I hope so!!
Old 01-18-2017, 10:18 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi Jannies,

Happy Wednesday! Hope everyone is having a great week. We are expecting rain here the next few days, I was at the store earlier, and people were stocking up as if we were expecting a blizzard!

Nic and Sunny, it is really nice to have you both back again.

Sunny, hypnosis sounds interesting, I have always been curious about it, but never tried.

Bandi, are you back to 100% yet? I hope so!!
I've always been very curious about hypnosis too .. keep us posted abut how it goes Sunny.. x
Old 01-19-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Sunnie- I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well... This time will stick, I'm sure!! I am on day 17 and am also feeling great!! To be honest I haven't even thought about alcohol at all.. Think my infection took the focus off drinking for me altogether which got me through the hardest 2 weeks! Maybe it was a blessing? A severe one but still.. I am still sober lol!!!!! x
Blessings CAN come in mysterious ways! So glad this one helped you through the initial withdrawal stage.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:47 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Yep, 100% well & the sun is finally out! Double bonus -
Thanks for checking in Delilah.
Wishing everyone a good sober day or night. xxxx
Old 01-19-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday Jannies,

It is a rainy day in California, the forecast has rain through Tuesday!! We should definitely be out of drought conditions after the weather this past month.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

❤️Delilah
Old 01-20-2017, 02:30 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Happy Sober Friday Jannies -

I attended a Celebrate Recovery meeting last night & enjoyed the music, fellowship, speaker & small group plus I picked up my 1 year chip. It felt pretty good!

Hope everyone is doing ok. Hugs & love to all....xxxx
Old 01-20-2017, 07:26 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Happy Sober Friday Jannies -

I attended a Celebrate Recovery meeting last night & enjoyed the music, fellowship, speaker & small group plus I picked up my 1 year chip. It felt pretty good!

Hope everyone is doing ok. Hugs & love to all....xxxx
Congratulations on your 1 year chip Bandi!!

I still have some in my bedside drawer going up to 5 months I think-Haven't been back to AA again to return them (not even sure what the protocol is after a relapse !) I will just have to use them as a personal incentive to re-earn them for myself again!!!