Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 12

Old 01-21-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hey, You earned those chips Nic so perhaps you can bring out the appropriate chip & celebrate again on your new Milestones!
I don't know much about AA protocol but assume you can attend a meeting again and start accruing new chips if you like? Although I think you mentioned that you felt uncomfortable with some male attention at your last few meetings.

In Celebrate Recovery, I'm fortunate to have a women-only small group following the general session because I've felt uncomfortable with some pretty blatant stares from younger men (young enough to be my sons!) during the general sessions. On the other hand, I've been openly welcomed & shared some good fellowship with the older gents -

In the end we are all there for our own sobriety & recovery and I remind myself of that if I'm uncomfortable in any way.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Hey, You earned those chips Nic so perhaps you can bring out the appropriate chip & celebrate again on your new Milestones!
I don't know much about AA protocol but assume you can attend a meeting again and start accruing new chips if you like? Although I think you mentioned that you felt uncomfortable with some male attention at your last few meetings.

In Celebrate Recovery, I'm fortunate to have a women-only small group following the general session because I've felt uncomfortable with some pretty blatant stares from younger men (young enough to be my sons!) during the general sessions. On the other hand, I've been openly welcomed & shared some good fellowship with the older gents -

In the end we are all there for our own sobriety & recovery and I remind myself of that if I'm uncomfortable in any way.
Yeah I think that's what I'll do Bandi! Not going back to AA- I still stay in touch with some of my friends I made on Facebook and through text but too many sleazes lol!!!
I actually get much more out of my SR family anyway!!!

Our local
Women's group is held during the day so I can't attend but I don't really want to do the 12 steps anyway.. personally for me that won't keep me sober. Recommitting to myself without BS will xxx
Old 01-22-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Bandi, I'm glad you were able to celebrate your one year at your meeting yesterday.

Nic, I bought myself coins up until 11 months, and would swap them out if my wallet each time I hit s new milestone. I also ordered a necklace and a nice coin to recognize one year. It was a great incentive for me, I would use your chips for the same reason. Congrats on 3 weeks today!

Thump, how are you? How is your son doing?

Odelle, how are things with you?

I had my doctor appointment on a Friday, he cleared me to return to work on the 30th. I am going to use this week to work up to moving around as much as I will when I get back to work. Yesterday I was up and walking for several hours. I finally sat at lunch with the kids, and trying to get up after was not easy. I iced my knee for a while yesterday, and then thought I would take a bath to relax. The bath was wonderful until I tried to get out! I couldn't put pressure on my knee, and I didn't have enough strength to just push myself up. Thank God for my daughter, she came in, gave me a towel to put across the bottom of the tub to avoid any slipping, and I was able to get out with just a little help. It was actually quite hilarious after the fact.

Getting ready to watch championship football.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

❤️Delilah
Old 01-22-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Bandi, I'm glad you were able to celebrate your one year at your meeting yesterday.

Nic, I bought myself coins up until 11 months, and would swap them out if my wallet each time I hit s new milestone. I also ordered a necklace and a nice coin to recognize one year. It was a great incentive for me, I would use your chips for the same reason. Congrats on 3 weeks today!

Thump, how are you? How is your son doing?

Odelle, how are things with you?

I had my doctor appointment on a Friday, he cleared me to return to work on the 30th. I am going to use this week to work up to moving around as much as I will when I get back to work. Yesterday I was up and walking for several hours. I finally sat at lunch with the kids, and trying to get up after was not easy. I iced my knee for a while yesterday, and then thought I would take a bath to relax. The bath was wonderful until I tried to get out! I couldn't put pressure on my knee, and I didn't have enough strength to just push myself up. Thank God for my daughter, she came in, gave me a towel to put across the bottom of the tub to avoid any slipping, and I was able to get out with just a little help. It was actually quite hilarious after the fact.

Getting ready to watch championship football.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

❤️Delilah
That's such a great idea thanks. Xx
Old 01-22-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is doing well, the room seems quiet lately. Hoping the weekend is just really busy for you all xx
Monday morning here- another working week begins.. we do have Australia Day on Thursday which is a public holiday so no work.. that will be nice. Like this time last year I am still too early in my sobriety to go celebrating.. last year I bought a pool that filled the entire back yard and spent the day putting it together -NIGHTMARE.. hopefully I'll be more sensible this year lol.. maybe a BBQ with the boys or something lol
Anyway sending love to all of you xxc
Old 01-22-2017, 10:52 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Maintaining an even keel here -- the difficulties of the past week have been something gnawing at me, compounded by the sparse communication I'm getting from both son and mother, but I'm managing to maintain an even emotional keel.

Nic, I hope you enjoy a happy and sober holiday.

D, best wishes with your return to work.

Bandi, congrats on one year.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:03 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
Maintaining an even keel here -- the difficulties of the past week have been something gnawing at me, compounded by the sparse communication I'm getting from both son and mother, but I'm managing to maintain an even emotional keel.

Nic, I hope you enjoy a happy and sober holiday.

D, best wishes with your return to work.

Bandi, congrats on one year.
Thanks Thump.. I hope things start getting a little easier for you. Don't forget we are all here for you if you ever just need a friendly ear xxxx
Old 01-22-2017, 11:49 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Thump, the fact that you were able to have such a good conversation with him right after his DUI shows the close relationship, and the trust. Maybe he is trying to process the whole thing. Keep reaching out to him, and lean on us if you need someone to talk to.

Sending lots of love your way.

❤️Delilah
Old 01-23-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Start of a new sober week! Have a wonderful day Jannies.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Done4today View Post
Start of a new sober week! Have a wonderful day Jannies.
Hope yours is a fantastic day too Steve x
Old 01-23-2017, 08:06 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Mmmmm, coffee.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:15 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

I'm having coffee as we speak thumps xx
Old 01-24-2017, 06:50 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Oh how I wish I liked coffee....sure could use the caffeine this morning.
I'll join y'all with a nice tea

Hi Delilah - I was sorry for your pain & stiffness while stuck in the bath, but the picture of your daughter rescuing you gave me a chuckle. I hope this is a good week for you and that you continue to gain mobility and strength! Take care & enjoy your last week off.....xxx

Oh my Nic, I remember last year when you put up the pool!! That was quite the experience for you and I'm glad you aren't trying that again What are your plans this year? That is a pretty cool story you shared on the 24-hr. thread about your former AA sponsor. Hugs to you honey!!

(((Thump))) An even keel is good. I hope your son is doing ok and will reach out to you again when he's ready. Love your new & mesmerizing avi! Take care....

Hi PJ, Steve & Dee!
Odelle, where are you? I hope you're ok...please check in when you can.

Love & hugs to all.....xxxx
Old 01-24-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

My car died while I ran errands on Sunday. It was a bit of a saga because I didn't have my AAA card on me and I had to call my husband who then called AAA for me. It ended well because AAA sent a tow and I have a loaner while my car is in the shop. I hope it's only a battery but I have a feeling it's more than that....it usually is with this car.

Why am I sharing this? Because I didn't worry about empty or full bottles in the car!!!!! It was so freeing and I was silly happy! What a blessing.

Have a good one Jannies -
Old 01-24-2017, 08:09 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Why am I sharing this? Because I didn't worry about empty or full bottles in the car!!!!! It was so freeing and I was silly happy! What a blessing.
Ain't that a comfort?

I hope it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg to get it running again.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Good Morning Jannies,

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday.

Bandi, you just reminded me to renew my AAA membership, it expired the other day. Have you gotten your car up and running again?

Nic, I also read your story in the 24 hour thread this morning, and it was pretty awesome that she just happened to call you when you were struggling a little, did you decide on the beach yet?

Thump, hope you are having a good day.

Odelle, I was thinking about you this morning too, hope you are doing well, and that you check in soon.

Have a great day everyone.

❤️ Delilah
Old 01-24-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking on me, all's good (as can be), just a little crazy in my corner of the world. What with all the rain in Southern California, why not spring a leak in the roof? I noticed water damage on the ceiling of a bedroom last Monday, summoned husband to call a roof repair company, and as of last Friday, no call back. We purchased a tarp and placed it over the suspected area (yep, me and hubby at 10:00 pm the evening before the BIG rain came in. Well, no more obvious water leaks, but the rain gutters were overflowing. I took off yesterday to be here for a company that cleared the roof of debris and clear the gutters. One down. Still waiting for a roofing company to call back (five calls). Yep, life is good....

Good to hear everyone else is fairing better; sorry about your car Bandi, they never break down at a good time, do they? Well, now that the rain has stopped and the crisis is slowing down, I guess the roof will be inspected when our number comes up, until then, we should be okay.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:10 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Delilah, you're recovery sounds like it is coming along really well, keep on doing what you already are. You're going to be a pro at this and the next one will be a breeze!
Old 01-24-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Thumpa, hang in there, not being kept in the loop can be frustrating, but in some instances, no news is good news. I hope it all works out well for everyone involved. I went through something similar when my daughter got a DUI at the end of 2012. Fortunately, it didn't keep her from achieving her career goal; it did cost me quit a bit though and with her car accident a few months back, it's going to continue to cost her big bucks on car insurance. No matter how bad it may seem at the moment, he will get through this. Just be there to guide him through it, and remember, things could be a lot worse.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:23 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Odelle,

Glad you are back! Sorry you had issues with the rain. We got lucky at my house, but lots of trees down in our area, and my husband lost power at work the other day. We have certainly gotten more rain in the past month and a half than I remember in recent history.