Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 12

Old 02-23-2017, 08:09 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Oh my Delilah. That is quite a day you're having. I do hope you feel better today and the medicine works for you. Take a the day off tomorrow or do a half day if possible. But yes, listen to your body since you can hear it now! I'm so sorry for your mum. And your brother of course but it hits the parents the hardest when they feel so hopeless. We've been through it with my brother too. Dad could do the tough love which has still put a rift between them but my mum was just so devastated. The only thing she could do was tell him how much she loved him. Dad ended up putting him in a psych unit for a night which scared him half to death. He did end up taking courses assigned to him by the court and some extra courses. He's off the nastier stuff but still smokes pot everyday but not as much as he used to. Last time I saw he was doing great and had put on weight again and was going well at work.

Positive vibes being sent your way. Take care of yourself.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:13 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry Delilah - prayers for your family of course but prayers for you as well. I hope they find whatever the trouble is

prayers for you and your family as well Olivia.

Hope all is well for you guys SandyO Nic and Done4

D
Old 02-23-2017, 09:26 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I appreciate all of the prayers and kind words. I know I can always log onto SR to share happy moments, and reach out during difficult ones, like today.

I truly appreciate each of you.

❤Delilah
Old 02-23-2017, 09:28 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

THANKYOU Dels.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:40 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I'm beginning to feel more or less human after my bout of flu - or whatever it was. Made it to an AA meeting for the first time in a week and realised how much I had missed them. Some people express concern that AA sometimes replaces dependence on alcohol with dependence on AA. If that is true it seems to me to be a pretty good deal!

Anyway no excuses not to start to do some housework today - at least to get me a bit more active!

All the best to those who are enjoying being sober, to those who are struggling and to those who are coping with other issues too. Sadly abstinence doesn't make life perfect!
Old 02-24-2017, 10:38 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Oh, D. Take care of yourself and get better, you know my thoughts are with you, sweetie.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:07 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in as I am procrastinating all the work I need to do today! I don't have time to read up on all of you but am sending healthy, happy and healing vibes to those in need. I love all of you so much!

Day 44 here- feeling good, better than good really. Haven't had to many cravings but I also haven't been in any situations where others are drinking an I am not. I guess that's what's making it easier this time around. I hope when presented with that situation, I still remain strong (don't see anything coming up though as I have no social life.) Oh wait, I lied- I was on a business trip a couple weeks ago and went to dinner with 3 other associates- I was the only one who didn't have a glass of wine with dinner- go me!

Also, there was a reception that same night- it's funny that 5 years ago I would have been the first one there drinking and socializing. I had zero interest this time- just wanted to lounge in my hotel room and go to bed early. It's nice that with time and age, my priorities and even just my desires have changed. I don't know how or when it happened but I supposed it doesn't matter.

I like the sober me. Still have a lot of things I can improve on but I am getting better every day and putting in the effort.
Anyway, happy Friday everyone and happy sobriety
Old 02-24-2017, 12:54 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Hi guys!

Go easy on yourself Delilah. That's nothing to mess with. Prayers for you and family. Your poor mom. I am letting my son sit in jail too. I'm at such a loss. I'm so depressed. He wants to be sober and can for a while but then fails (sound familiar)?!

Sandy - your mom and dad sound like us. I love the kid and stay by him. His dad does the tough love thing but I think maybe for too long. I think it's caused lifelong harm of no love from dad.

We've been thru so much with our son. It's so sad when he says he likes to sober him better. So good when good. So bad and sad when fails. I have taken one call from him. Did pop in and see him in jail yesterday. Super sad. He's not the old cocky kid anymore. He's been thru many rehabs. This time someone telling him he can go to Salvation Army and he wants to do that. I guess he can give that a try. My husband says he's seen that place. Who knows, maybe they can help him. He had been in a fight and just looked so sad. Asked me to put some money in his account! Not! This is the most tough love I've shown. Prolly should have started that ten years ago. I kept thinking he'd get it. Giving it to God.

Done - I am gonna go to Alanon. Talking with a woman going thru similar stuff. Even that helps. Gonna have to try AA again. First time it "worked". After that I can't get into it like I'd like. I think I'm too stand offish!

Sun - awesome! You really sound good! Haver you moved back up north yet?

Hi Dee and thanks !

Gonna finish our taxes one way or another! Dragging my feet!

Take care everyone. My son just keeps calling and calling ! Me no answer!

Olivia.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better today Delilah - and I everyone has a good weekend

D
Old 02-24-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hello Jannies & Dee!
I've been reading every day & you are all in my thoughts & prayers. xxxx

So far so good on this first sober vacation in over 30 years.
A few quick triggers but nothing a good plan hasn't conquered!
I am ever grateful to you Dee for always suggesting a Plan.

Let's keep doing this. Love to all xxxx
Old 02-24-2017, 09:20 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
Oh, D. Take care of yourself and get better, you know my thoughts are with you, sweetie.
Thanks Thump❤
Old 02-24-2017, 09:22 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Just a quick check in as I am procrastinating all the work I need to do today! I don't have time to read up on all of you but am sending healthy, happy and healing vibes to those in need. I love all of you so much!

Day 44 here- feeling good, better than good really. Haven't had to many cravings but I also haven't been in any situations where others are drinking an I am not. I guess that's what's making it easier this time around. I hope when presented with that situation, I still remain strong (don't see anything coming up though as I have no social life.) Oh wait, I lied- I was on a business trip a couple weeks ago and went to dinner with 3 other associates- I was the only one who didn't have a glass of wine with dinner- go me!

Also, there was a reception that same night- it's funny that 5 years ago I would have been the first one there drinking and socializing. I had zero interest this time- just wanted to lounge in my hotel room and go to bed early. It's nice that with time and age, my priorities and even just my desires have changed. I don't know how or when it happened but I supposed it doesn't matter.

I like the sober me. Still have a lot of things I can improve on but I am getting better every day and putting in the effort.
Anyway, happy Friday everyone and happy sobriety
Sounds like you are doing fantastic Sunny, so glad to hear that.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:45 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

Just got home from my school's Bingo Night, it was nice because my kids went as well, however, made for a very long day! I am looking forward to relaxing some this weekend. My daughter has theater all day tomorrow, so I will drop her at 9:00 and pick her up at 5:00. My son has a soccer game Sunday, so we will go watch him play, and my oldest has nothing this weekend, so not too crazy.

Thank you again for all of the wishes yesterday. My brother's girlfriend picked him up after midnight. He is being charged with a felonly since it is his second DWI in less than ten years there is the chance he can go to jail. He hasn't lost his job yet, his boss is away for the weekend, and he is on call, not sure what will happen next week. He is getting a lawyer, and I was proud of my mom for not giving him any money. He is borrowing some from a friend, and has some saved. I spoke with him today and told him I really hope this is his bottom.

Thanks for always being there Jannies.

❤Delilah
Old 02-26-2017, 10:55 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday Jannies! Hope everyone is doing well!!!

❤Delilah
Old 02-26-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Argh! Just lost my long post about how I drank last night. Have to go back to work. I'll write more later.
Sorry!
Happy sober day friends.
I will not drink today.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:04 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Sorry to hear it, Sandy. Get back on and ride some more, hon.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:45 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Just keep coming back Sandy.... You can do this...

Last night is the first night in ages i actually had thoughts of drinking .. I have a uni exam tomorrow and I think the stress is just getting to me a little. I played the tape forward and I KNOW that I don't want that any more. I will end up back to square one or worse.

I have made it to 8 weeks today so I'm pretty stoked about that...

I hope that everyone is travelling ok. I haven't checked in here much lately but once this uni madness is done with-I will post more.

Sending love to all xxxx
Old 02-27-2017, 01:01 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Just remember Nic- to PLAN your exam time.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:11 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Yeah I know PJ x
Old 02-27-2017, 01:32 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll do better sober than hungover Nic - best of luck

D