Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 12

Old 01-12-2017, 01:19 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

Nic hope they get your ailment figured out soon. I try to pop in every few days when I have some down time. I live in San Diego and we have been getting a lot of rain this fall/winter. Its keeping me busy. If I don't pop in before the weekend, have a wonderful and sober weekend.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hey old friends- just popping in to say hi and send my love. I am starting over, yet again.
Full of shame and guilt this morning but I'll get through it. I can't manage to get more than 5 days under my belt and I don't like this feeling anymore. I'm hoping this is it. I need to try harder, right?

Love to all of you...
Old 01-12-2017, 04:30 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Lord have mercy, it's Sunny. Glad to see you, sweetie, we've kept your chair warm.

Nic, sorry you're suffering so, hopefully you can manage your pain without turning to opiates. I know that would scare the hell out of me.

Delilah, things here are okay. The VA says that my youth (I'm 50) is no longer an issue for my needed hip replacement, but I do need to get a couple of issues addressed before we can move ahead -- mainly platelet levels in my blood, which are low as a result of my long alcoholism and its impairment of my liver function. Once those are inside specs, then they'll replace the hip.

It's the best news I've gotten in a couple of years.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

good news Thump

D
Old 01-12-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Jannies,

Wonderful news Thump!

(((Sunflower))) So good to see you! You CAN do this - work your plan one minute, one hour, one day at a time.

More hugs to you Nic, glad the nerve med helps.

Wishing everyone a peaceful, Sober day......xxxx
Old 01-12-2017, 09:46 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey Jannies,

Sunnie- So excited to see that you're back. Don't waste your energy on shame or guilt, it's a pointless exercise! Trust me hun... Just keep on doing your very best. I am trying to forgive myself this time round for all of the relapses. We are human and we have an awful disease. Day by day lovely...xxx

Thump!! That's wonderful news -so happy for you! Must be such a relief!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Unfortunately I did have to take a morphine tablet last night but have given the box to my Mum to take to her house. Not risking it. Just couldn't cope any more. It did help... Just need to get through the weekend now...

Love to you all... I am trying to check in more regularly.. Makes me want to stay sober with all of you...xx
Old 01-13-2017, 05:26 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

(((Sunny))) So good to hear from you, hon. Yes you can do this, dig a little deeper and push through whatever your barrier has been.

Nic, I had to have a root canal a few years ago; the facial pain (jaw) that sent me to the dentist was horrendous. I feel for you and don't know how you've managed so far!

Thumpa, do you have any idea how much longer before you are a good candidate for the hip replacement? I think we have a iron man competition going on here; Delilah and her bionic knees, and your bionic hip, who's next? I know, I want a bionic brain!
Old 01-13-2017, 05:51 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
I know, I want a bionic brain!
Me too -
Hi Odelle, hope you have a good Friday & a nice weekend!
Old 01-13-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks, Bandi. I haven't been logging on as often as I should, so I need to make myself more accountable. All is well!
Old 01-13-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Good job Nic on all fronts!!

Isolation was my enemy in active addiction and remains my enemy in recovery.
When I feel like taking cover I know it's the worst action (or inaction) I can take.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:44 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Hey old friends- just popping in to say hi and send my love. I am starting over, yet again.
Full of shame and guilt this morning but I'll get through it. I can't manage to get more than 5 days under my belt and I don't like this feeling anymore. I'm hoping this is it. I need to try harder, right?

Love to all of you...
Hi Sunny,

It is so great to see you!! You can absolutely do this. Would love for you to start checking in with us each day again. How are your kids doing? Have you settled into your job now?

You have been missed.
❤️Delilah
Old 01-13-2017, 09:47 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

(((Sunny))) So good to hear from you, hon. Yes you can do this, dig a little deeper and push through whatever your barrier has been.

Nic, I had to have a root canal a few years ago; the facial pain (jaw) that sent me to the dentist was horrendous. I feel for you and don't know how you've managed so far!

Thumpa, do you have any idea how much longer before you are a good candidate for the hip replacement? I think we have a iron man competition going on here; Delilah and her bionic knees, and your bionic hip, who's next? I know, I want a bionic brain!
I'm in for the ironman, we will have to create our own rules though. Perhaps a few laps in the pool, followed by a leisurely bike ride, and then a stroll through the park.

Odelle, it is great to see you, you definitely need to pop in regularly again!!!
Old 01-13-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Bandi and Odelle, if you guys are getting Bionic Brains I would like one as well.

Thump, that is great news about your hip.

Nic, I hope you are staring to feel some relief!

Have a great day everyone!
❤️ Delilah
Old 01-13-2017, 08:14 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Just a quick one- feel like the antibiotics are actually kicking in now... not in as much pain thank god.. 11 days later but at least I feel like I have turned the corner. Won't be taking any more morphine...
onwards and upwards xxx.
Sending love to everyone and thankyou for all of your beautiful kind words... means the world xx
Old 01-14-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thump, I am glad you got some good news about your hip. I hope the next step is smooth and the process easy for you!

I missed you all so much.

Everything is okay here- finally getting the hang of my job after 8 months and my husband and I have decided to move back up north to be close to friends and family. It has been so lonely being in Florida with zero support- It was a dream to want to live in a beautiful place but the truth is for me at least that home truly is where the heart is.

He got a great offer work wise to start in April and we will move in with my parents until we sort out the details of finding a home and me finding a job- that will make it much less stressful and I missed my parents so much (even though we drive each other crazy at times.)

My kiddos are doing okay- 2 and 5 now. Our 5 year old is having some behavioral issue and anxiety so we started seeing a therapist to learn how to manage his daily meltdowns. It isn't easy being in a chaotic house every day and his tantrums tend to trigger anger in my husband which then triggers my frustrations at him. It's a vicious cycle but we're also in marriage counseling and really learning a lot. I can't say I feel more connected to him but at least we are learning how to communicate, even in times of distress.

Ah....life is just a rollercoaster. I've been hitting the gym hard, getting up at 5 and out the door before the kidos are up. Also doing nightly hypnosis which is helping, I believe. I'm trying , I really am. Just need to resist that first drink like we all know.

Thump, you'd be proud of me- remember I told you I used to play guitar as a teen and in my 20s? Well I am using my xmas money to take lessons again- this time electric. It's going well although I find I have no time during the week to practice so that's a struggle. But still it's been nice doing something just for me, for once.

It's Day 3 and I feel good
Wishing you all a beautiful day...
Old 01-14-2017, 03:44 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hello all on Day Three. Given I managed to taper off just a bit before stopping I feel a lot better than I deserve to at this point - a bit shaky and a bit flat but nothing too horrendous. Miraculously I slept batter than I would have expected last night too - a good few hours, if rather fitful and dream filled.

I have been looking into sugar as an issue as it relates to alcohol dependency. (there's a short thread in the nutrition and health forums). In the past when I have managed to quit for variable periods of time. I have taken to eating large quantities of chocolate - I mean LARGE quantities. My partner, ever supportive, suggested that the sugar intake was my body's attempt to replace the carbs in alcohol, which makes sense and that the highs and lows you get with high sugar, especially carvings for sugar, closely replicate cravings for alcohol. Will be reading more in this, but from what I have so far read it makes sense. In any case I shall be off the chocolate and unrefined sugar on this occasion. It can't hurt after all.

Hoping all you Januarians are doing OK!
Old 01-14-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

Nic, moving back sounds like it is going to be really good for you, and staying with your parents will allow you to save some money while you look for a place. I'm excited for you guys! Will you be moving in April, or sooner?

Nic, I am glad you are starting to feel better. Hope you are back to 100% soon.

My husband and I are going to see Rent tonight. He bought the tickets for my birthday in December. We saw the show many years ago in NY when we first started dating. It is such a great show, and I love the music. It should be a nice evening.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!!

❤️Delilah
Old 01-15-2017, 12:06 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Feeling much better today thanks!! I've been sat in my study all day trying to catch up with y uni work now I am almost out of pain and not doped up on pain meds!!
Hope everyone has a fabulous Sunday!! love you all XXXX
Old 01-15-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Rough morning. My son's mom called me early this morning. He was arrested for DUI, in his case DoC was marijuana. He and I spoke for about thirty minutes this morning, and will obviously be having an ongoing conversation. I am, and will continue to be, beating all Hell out of recovery principles, keeping my balance so that I can help him. He has to get help to deal with his abusing weed. We have to make a plan so that he can pay for a lawyer, pay his mom back for recovering his car for impound, etc.

The only good things I can say are 1) at least he didn't maim or kill anyone, and 2) he is not denying that he needs help. This is a problem, but it is an opportunity as well, and it's my job to help him seize and make the most of it.

lol, I'll settle for the fleshly variety. I'm not certain of the timeframe, but from what I've read online, platelet production in chemotherapy patients averages around three weeks, and I can't imagine my own would be terribly different. While that's happening, I have to quit smoking as well; that too is a prerequisite for the operation.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thump,

I'm so sorry that happened last night. Hopefully this will be the turning point for your son, and you are an excellent role model in recovery. Does he live close by to you? It's good that he was open to help when you spoke this morning.

I know when I went to my knee replacement class they talked about quitting smoking. There is some test they do prior to surgery to make sure. Thankfully that was never one of my vices. God knows alcohol was bad enough.

Sending lots of love and positive thoughts your way today.

❤️Delilah