Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 12

Old 01-28-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Good morning Sunflower! Great to see you this morning & loving your positive attitude!

IMO a positive outlook, mindfulness & gratitude is key to long-term sobriety & recovery. I learned everything I know about sobriety & recovery from SR and the good people here. I also rely on some great (& free) online AA & Alanon speakers and have spent many hours walking & hiking & learning. I attend the occasional F2F meeting but so far I haven't found one to really connect with.

In year 2 the physical cravings are long past and the emotional cravings are rare.
Like you my marriage is rocky and this week my husband and I had to work closely together on some home & financial issues and that closeness (or lack of) aggravated underlying problems. It certainly tested my sober muscles but I had absolutely no thoughts of drinking. If anything, this week confirmed how far I've come on this journey. I really worked the Alanon program though!

Hi to all Jannies &. Dee and wishing everyone peace & strength today.....
Old 01-29-2017, 08:57 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Checking in here. It's been a busy couple of days, work-wise, and I've been spending my free time either writing, playing guitar, or with my gal, who's an absolute peach.

Sunny, glad to hear you're moving back -- I remember you mentioning how unhappy you were down there.

I hope everyone has a peaceful and sober Sunday.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Good Morning Jannies,

It's so nice to see our thread so active again!! Sunny and Nic I am so glad you are both back, and so proud of how well you are both doing!

Sunny, March isn't too far away. I am glad you will be closer to family again, it really does help. My family is back East, but my husband's is here, and I am very blessed that they are incredible.

One thing that has changed for me after a year is that alcohol no longer pops into my mind as a way to get through a stressful event. It used to be the first thing that I thought about. Life still gets difficult, but I have been dealing with all situations with a clear head. I love that I am able to run out to get something at night, or bring my kids to night time activities. I used to get annoyed if I had to put off pouring myself a glass of wine, and if something came up at the last minute I wouldn't be able to drive because I would have already had a drink (or four).
I haven't been as great with exercise lately because of my surgery, and have definitely eaten a few too many cookies from December on, but my weight is still within a pound or two each day of the 43 pounds I lost after quitting. My physical and mental health is much better.

Bandi, I hope you guys got everything straightened out!

Thump, I'm glad things are going so well with your new girl. It has been a while now.❤️

Have a great day everyone!!!

❤️Delilah
Old 01-29-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome backs! It is do
nice to see such activity! My days have been so
long that I'm gonna try to just chill tonight. Just
got home.

My son is doing great. I just pray he can keep staying sober
He's really something. Heart of gold tho.

January has been really good for me ...alas a year later!
All the good days last year just reinforced what I want.
Drinking is no way to deal with anything. Things get way
out of hand when you do. My mental state is
super good for sobriety. Husband doing great no
drink too. That's helps as we all know. Went to a
boat show today. Our annual show where I used to
sneak our own beer in ! So nice being sober all
day!

Well I can't really see the right side of screen so hope
this reads ok! Might buy a new laptop and get
internet here at the farm. Staying here all the time now.

Peace and love!! Take care all!

Olivia
Old 01-29-2017, 08:35 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great day Olivia!
Old 01-30-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Continued prayers for you & your son Olivia.....
Yesterday during a long walk & running errands, I listened to more insightful on-line Alanon speakers and as always I learned something new about addiction, either my own or others, and had some good laughs! Alcoholics seem to have a peculiar sense of humor

Hope you have a good first day back at work Delilah! That's great that you are still within a pound or two of your weight loss. Good job!
Christmas goodies put 10 lbs. on me but I'm slowly cutting back on the sweets and upping my walks even in our cold weather.

Take care Jannies.....xxxx
Old 01-30-2017, 09:18 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

My first day back went well, it was very busy, and difficult to find time to sit and rest. I ended up sending a student to get my cane as I was supervising the last recess. Staff, students and parents seemed happy to see me. I had a few meetings with parents who were upset about things that occurred while I was out, and was able to resolve the issue, or agree to continue to monitor the situation. I am really glad they had a retired principal there for me while I was out. I went in for a few hours yesterday, just it go ghtoeugh the notes that were left from her, and that helped. Today would have been insane if there were random or no subs for me in my absence.

Hope everyone had a great Monday.

Odelle, how are you doing?
Old 01-31-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Good morning Delilah I hope your knee isn't too painful or swollen after yesterday's activity. Pace yourself & take care.....xxxx

Woo-hoo Nic!! Congratulations on your One Month!!
Hope your boys got off to a good start at school. Hugs!

In 2016 I lurked here for the first 30 days and finally worked up the courage to post on the 31st. Thanks for the memories and for your continued support! We do this together

Love & hugs to all....xxxx
Old 01-31-2017, 08:34 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Other than not having enough hours in the day, all is well on my end. Sorry for not checking in daily, by the time I get home, feed the fur babies, fix dinner, clean up, it's time for bed again. Moral of the story....be careful what you wish for. Kidding, kinda. I do like my job, the commute not so much.

Good to hear that everyone has survived January, off to February in a matter of hours. Delilah, you are a constant source of inspiration, keep rock'n that recovery and everything that crosses your path!
Old 01-31-2017, 08:42 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Odelle, I am tired from reading your post!! I'm glad you are doing well. Did you finish helping your daughter settle in her new place yet, or are you still painting? Miss seeing you, check in whenever you have a moment.❤️

Bandi, my knee is holding up, but I am definitely done at the end of the day, unfortunately, the end of the day has been later than I would have liked the past two days!

Nic, loved your post about your boys in the 24 hour thread, you are a great mom.

Thump, hope you are doing well.

Sunny, saw your post in the 24 hour thread, glad you are doing well also!

Dee, hello! Hope you are doing well!!

Here we go into February!!! Glad to be on this journey with each of you!

Have a great night everyone!

❤️Delilah
Old 02-01-2017, 06:37 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

I'm so unbelievably proud of our class., and of course a special mention to today's 3 mile stoners from here xxx
Old 02-01-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

I'm unfortunately unwell again with this awful infection.. had a back tooth pulled tonight and I'm drowsy and in some pain so apologies for a quick post tonight..love and hugs to all xx
Old 02-01-2017, 06:54 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
I'm unfortunately unwell again with this awful infection.. had a back tooth pulled tonight and I'm drowsy and in some pain so apologies for a quick post tonight..love and hugs to all xx
Darn Nic! Thought you were past all that.....you must be very frustrated.
Another round of antibiotics & pain meds? Hang in there honey and take care of yourself.

I've had a few twinges in a back tooth with a history of 2 separate root canals & crowns and thought of you when it started. I may get it checked out sooner rather than later due to learning how your infection spread throughout your body.

So happy & proud of us too Nic! All of us, no matter where we are in our journey! This is a tough addiction to beat and many don't make it.
The fact that we are still here and posting and supporting one another is a testament to our strength in doing this together.
Take care Jannies.....xxxx
Old 02-01-2017, 07:02 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

I've got bad teeth myself. I know what a PITA it can be -- think you're over an infection, only to find it's simply gone to ground for a bit and is now affecting another tooth.

Get better, hon.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get well soon Nic

D
Old 02-01-2017, 08:53 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
You have not been lucky with your teeth lately Nic. Get some rest, I hope you feel better tomorrow!!
Old 02-02-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Jannies - wishing everyone a peaceful Sober day or night
Old 02-02-2017, 08:30 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.. unfortunately it's gone from bad to worse... I've just posted in 24 hour thread so will copy here...

Checking on for 24 hours. Not feeling good today. Got sent home from work which never happens..unwell and in pain again..
Infection is back in my face again, on the opposite side this time so I was rushed from my doctors for an urgent CT an hour ago.They need to make sure it isn't in my bloodstream or in my Brain,and the doctor will call through with the results and let me know whether I'm to go hospital for Iv antibiotics.
Fed up is an understatement.ive been given another 2 different antiobiotics to start in the meantime( which will be #4 and 5 this month) :-( . I'll be ok- it's just tough right now. Temp is through the roof at 41.5 and all my glands are swollen...
At least I'm sober right? Trying to think positive, as it's not like me to be feeling this down but it is difficult.
Moan over... back to my tv show xx
Old 02-03-2017, 12:06 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hopefully tho this will be the last of it Nic.

I neglected my teeth so much it took me several years to get them and my mouth back to health - but I did.

You will too .
Old 02-03-2017, 01:03 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

((((Nic))))