Old 01-25-2017, 12:49 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hi guys!

It's me, Olivia! Gonna do a test to see if this posts. I wrote a huge post
A couple weeks ago and lost it!
Old 01-25-2017, 01:11 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hey Hey Hey! Anyway, glad to see everyone doing so well. I only use my phone
to post and the app quit working. Now I googled SR. Sure liked the app.

So I believe Bandi and Delilah hit the one year! Big congrats! That's awesome !
I've been following along all year but couldn't respond for so long till I came on SR wo the app.

I had lots of bad days last year. Lots good too. Something Dee said to Nic one time was that some day she'd wake up and want to be sober more than drink. Something to those lines. That's a great statement and has really hit home with me. That and playing the tape thru.

I have plenty of personal problems. I could use prayers for my son. He's been thru several rehabs and trying so hard to stay sober. It's a mess. I'm so sad. Nobody should have to go thru this. Not the person nor the family. Nobody should live like this. He has a heart of gold. Thump, hope your son learns from this DWI. And yes, sometimes no news is good news.

Odelle - good to see you! Glad the rain has let up!

I saw Sun pop in here and other threads. That's great ! Sun, what hypnosis sites do you use. I have an old PM I saved that mentioned one. I'm about to upgrade my phone as I'm about out of memory!

My post a couple weeks ago was very heartfelt and long! Too bad I lost it. Just wanted to say hi ! I'm in double digits and doing well. It's so sad watching my son that it's also waking me up. I've spent the majority of my life drunk! High functioning work-aholic, alcoholic. Tired of that game. Who wants to leave this world with a regret of boozing too much and missing too much.

Didn't mean to miss anyone. Last time I addressed everyone with messages.

Dee - thanks for all you do.

Did my colonoscopy yesterday. One polyp and diverticulosis. But, all good. A few months ago I was really concerned about my lower GI. It's amazing what alcohol will do to you ! I was so glad there was nothing really major. Of course, biopsy on polyp but I was still so relieved. The procedure is sure much easier than ten years ago too!

Take care. I'll get used to SR wo my app. Was so glad I could see my subscribed areas.

Olivia
Old 01-25-2017, 01:52 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Olivia - good to see you back - I hope the biopsy results will be fine

D
Old 01-25-2017, 06:14 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

OLIVIA !!!!!
I've thought about you & sent you some PM's.....Woo-hoo & glad you're back!!
So very sorry to hear about your son. That's a tough one for sure.
Do you attend Alanon? I know a mother who is really struggling with her son's addiction and relapses and she finds great support in the F2F meetings. Sending you a Big Hug!!
Old 01-25-2017, 06:22 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

It's great to hear from you Odelle although that's too bad about your roof -
Hope it all works out & doesn't cost a fortune. Does all the recent rain mean your drought is over?

Well Thump, the car didn't cost an arm or a leg. Maybe a smaller body part though?
I'm just glad the part was available and that we can afford the repair. We'll have to cut back somewhere else this month to make up for that unexpected expense!
Old 01-25-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Lol, between Dee's new avi and the convo on the 24-hr. thread, I just had to look up Vegemite! Ummm, it must be an acquired taste.
I'll stick with butter & jam on my morning toast -
Old 01-25-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Thumpa, hang in there, not being kept in the loop can be frustrating, but in some instances, no news is good news. I hope it all works out well for everyone involved. I went through something similar when my daughter got a DUI at the end of 2012. Fortunately, it didn't keep her from achieving her career goal; it did cost me quit a bit though and with her car accident a few months back, it's going to continue to cost her big bucks on car insurance. No matter how bad it may seem at the moment, he will get through this. Just be there to guide him through it, and remember, things could be a lot worse.
Thanks, hon. I find myself having to avoid old behaviors, and really leave my feelings aside.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:59 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

Happy Wednesday! I am still home, looking forward to returning to work on Monday. I posted in the 24 hour thread that I will make an excellent retired person someday, I enjoy seeing down my days, and having lots of time to read. However, winning the lottery is the only chance of that happening in the near future!

Olivia, it is great to see you back. Double digits is awesome. It took me several classes before finally making sobriety stick. Taking alcohol completely off the table, and wanting to be sober more than wanting to drink were important concepts. Playing the tape through is something I used anytime the thoughts of drinking popped in. You can definitely do this. I am sorry about your son, I'm glad you are there for him. I hope you will continue to check in with us.

Bandi, glad you got your car up and running. Glad it only cost s small body part.

Thump, hang in there my friend. Stick with us whenever you need a shoulder it lean on.

Have a great day everyone!

❤️Delilah
Old 01-26-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Jannies,

We're flipping and refreshing a few rooms this week and I'm so glad to have a clear head and patience while working with my husband and the moving crew. Extra Bonus - no worries about tripping up or down the stairs!

Hope everyone is good. Love & hugs to all....xxxx
Old 01-26-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Administrator

The vegemite was just for Australia Day

D
Old 01-26-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Olivia,

I'm so happy to see you again.. Welcome back! Glad you're in double digits again. I think I am now on day 26 (again) but hoping this is it!!!! xxx Sending love to everyone..
Just wrote a long post on the 24 hour thread so better get some work done...Not sure my Boss would understand his paying for my SR time xxx

Love to you all
Old 01-26-2017, 11:56 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

Dee, hope you enjoy d Australia Day, and I am glad to see the Vegimite gone, all I can think of is Men at Work singing "Do you come from a land down under..., the darn song has been stuck in my head since yesterday!

Bandi, love that you are refreshing a few rooms. Are you redoing the whole house?

After our doctor visit this morning we made a Costco run, and then a trip to Home Depot. We reorganized the kitchen cabinets, we built two shelving units to go into the giant empty space at the bottom of our pantry. This is something we should have done about ten years ago, but progress, not perfection!

Nic, I'll have to check out your post in the 24 hour thread, wondering if you went our in the boat with your parents.

Olivia, so glad you are back. Keep posting.

Thump and Odelle, hope you are both having a great day.

Good night Jannies.
❤️Delilah
Old 01-27-2017, 01:11 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a normal day for me yesterday Delilah - I'm a proud Aussie, but I didn't feel the need to do anything special

D
Old 01-27-2017, 02:31 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Yea Dels- you'd better run, you'd better take cover! HA! The America's Cup- we sure did something once that song has been latched to. Alright! Funny- I never smile when I give someone a vegemite sandwich.
Hope all are peaceful tonight (here- Fri, 2100).
Old 01-27-2017, 08:12 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Yea Dels- you'd better run, you'd better take cover! HA! The America's Cup- we sure did something once that song has been latched to. Alright! Funny- I never smile when I give someone a vegemite sandwich.
Hope all are peaceful tonight (here- Fri, 2100).
Now it is stuck in my head again Phoenix!! Hope your weekend is off to a good start!😊
Old 01-28-2017, 03:04 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
! Tired of that game. Who wants to leave this world with a regret of boozing too much and missing too much.
Olivia
Hey Olivia!
So good to see you on here. I am also in the double digits my friend- day 17 today. Let's keep on doing this- the pain is just not worth it anymore.

I'm sorry your son is struggling. What a great motivation to stay sober, isn't it? Like you said, I am over the regrets and the thought of missing my life because of a poison. I have been thinking so much about how I will be remembered when I die, and what I will leave behind and you know what? I want it to be great. I want to be the person I came into this world to be- not a high functioning alcoholic who gets lazy and unmotivated and selfish. We are so much greater than the bottle. Please keep posting here- I know what you mean about the app, I really miss being able to check in on my phone and now it's just too time consuming but at least we still have SR- it's the only reason I even thought about getting sober last year at my first attempt.

I hope your health issues clear up- do you need to go back for more testing?

As for the hypnosis, I truly attribute the fact that I have had minimal cravings this time to it. His name is Andrew Johnson and you can combine up to 3 topics which is unlike any other hypnosis app I have seen before. I am also doing "get fit" and I have been going to the gym 4 days a week since I started, with zero effort (and getting up by 5 to do so!!)

Anyway, just do a search on the iPhone app store

So good to hear from you, please keep us posted on how you and your son are doing!
Old 01-28-2017, 03:08 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi Jannies,

Dee, hope you enjoy d Australia Day, and I am glad to see the Vegimite gone, all I can think of is Men at Work singing "Do you come from a land down under..., the darn song has been stuck in my head since yesterday!

Bandi, love that you are refreshing a few rooms. Are you redoing the whole house?

After our doctor visit this morning we made a Costco run, and then a trip to Home Depot. We reorganized the kitchen cabinets, we built two shelving units to go into the giant empty space at the bottom of our pantry. This is something we should have done about ten years ago, but progress, not perfection!

Nic, I'll have to check out your post in the 24 hour thread, wondering if you went our in the boat with your parents.

Olivia, so glad you are back. Keep posting.

Thump and Odelle, hope you are both having a great day.

Good night Jannies.
❤️Delilah
I love that song D!
Sounds like you have been keeping busy and productive
Have a great weekend!
many hugs...
Old 01-28-2017, 03:09 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Olivia,

I'm so happy to see you again.. Welcome back! Glad you're in double digits again. I think I am now on day 26 (again) but hoping this is it!!!! xxx Sending love to everyone..
Just wrote a long post on the 24 hour thread so better get some work done...Not sure my Boss would understand his paying for my SR time xxx

Love to you all
Hey Nic-26 is amazing! I am also feeling like this is finally it.
Let's keep on keepin' on girl!
Old 01-28-2017, 03:16 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Hey my Jannies,
I believe it's day 17 and I am cruising along just fine. I want to do some type of work on myself since I don't attend meetings and I don't want to just be a "dry drunk." Don't they say that not drinking isn't really getting sober? What else should I be doing? Does anyone know of any workbooks or things I can do on my own?

Also, those of you who have been sober for a year now, how is life different? What are the main changes you see? Do you still get cravings? Just interested to see how life has changed for you.

We are moving yet again in March, back up to Maryland. We moved down to Florida in October of '15 thinking we would be in paradise but the truth is "home is where the heart it" and with no friends or family down here (ok, I have a couple neighborhood friends) there is really not enough support for us. The kids can be so hard and we've had 2 date nights since we moved. We aren't getting along which I am sure makes it worse

We just need family around and I'm glad that my husband loves my family like it is his own 'cause God knows I would never move to be closer to his! lol

Anyway, he got a great offer to go back to the job he left when we moved down here. We will move in with my parents temporarily so I have time to find a job and find us a home. It will be stressful but I believe it's the right move. In addition, somewhere in the back of my mind I feel like if my marriage does not survive, I will at least have family around when it's over. I would hate to be down here all alone trying to raise these kids by myself.

Anyway- I looked at my phone this morning thinking I had slept in until 6:45 which is 15 minutes before the kids get up so I got up and brushed my teeth, grabbed my coffee...only to see it was 5:45! HA! So much for sleeping in today

Have a great weekend everyone, lots of love to you all!!
Old 01-28-2017, 03:21 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Hey Nic-26 is amazing! I am also feeling like this is finally it.
Let's keep on keepin' on girl!
Let's all do it together... we deserve better for us and our kids too. I'm really throwing my nets out further this time for more tools to go into my sober toolbox..even my instragram is full of people in sobriety and positive affirmations....
I'm working harder this time round at making the permanent changes I'll need in order to stay sober long term, but my mind only copes with a day at a time for now lol!!! Proud of you for coming back sunny xxxx love you girl x