Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 19

Old 10-12-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Toots- You're making me feel bad for being lazy backside lately, at least as far as the workout side of thing goes.

Drake- It's cool that you got to run the meeting.

I am getting ready to leave on my trip tomorrow. Yesterday I kind of impulsively decided to start painting my kitchen. I had been thinking about doing so for some time, but I have no idea why I started yesterday. Now I am hoping to get the painting finished, get packed up and get everything else that needs done around here done today. On the flip side, I love the way the new paint looks! I am really motivated to finish it and have plans to paint the rest of the house the same color. I already have a couple of rooms done.

Anyway, I hope everybody has a good Sunday.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a god trip DG

Different D, Drake, but a change is as good...
Old 10-12-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Have a god trip DG

Different D, Drake, but a change is as good...

You do have a fine "D" collection!
Old 10-12-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Toots - that is such a kind invitation! Thank you very much - ask me again once you are on home soil and we will see if we can work something out

Everyone - hello!! Things are fine with me - just waiting for the delicious curry to be ready for dinner - yum!!!
Old 10-12-2014, 11:07 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

It's the first day of my internship! Wish me luck! I'm trying to do it right, got up really early and went running and am relaxing now and not allowing myself to stress about what to wear and how to do my hair.
I feel so thankful for this opportunity, and I feel like, this, the photography project, my great flat, everything, is just what happens when you work steadily towards something for a while without disaster effing it up everytime. Good things are happening to me, because I've worked hard and I deserve it.....go figure!
And I keep waiting for everything to fail, to be snatched away from me, but it's not going to happen, because I'm not ruled by chaos anymore. I have control of my life and my decisions. What a concept.
It really is true what they say about all the good stuff happening after a couple of years of sobriety. I was always like "yeah right". I never really expected good things to happen to me. But they are, better than I expected. I'm living in a beautiful flat in Europe being paid to write. It's my dream come true. Simple as that. If I was still drinking who knows what I'd be doing now.

I got some bad news, my crack addict brother is back in jail, third time. He is pretty much cut off from the whole family now. We're all just done with his lying and bullsh**. Sad. He apologized to me a month ago for being a jerk to me and I didn't accept his apology. Well I didn't respond to the email because I knew it was crap. Tired of being manipulated. Anyway I'm sure he'll try to use that as a way to make me feel guilty at some point. So frustrating. Jail's the best place for him. He won't help himself.

Off I go! Have a lovely Monday everyone.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:52 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs,

Toots -
Are you sure you don't fancy a free holiday to Scotland???
Ohhh you temptress, if you are serious pm me.

DG - good luck with your moving plans. What with the painting and everything I think the D in DG must stand for 'dynamo'

Instant - I'm v jealous of your spring but then the autumn colours on the mountains this weekend were great too.

Drake - well done for leading the meeting.

IP - good luck! Sorry to hear about your bro.

I've had a great weekend in the mountains. It was meant to rain quite a bit but we had glorious sunshine at times. I went to the pub on Saturday evening with the other members. Had a good laugh and wasn't interested in having a beer.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:11 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Administrator

best of luck IP

D
Old 10-13-2014, 01:19 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Good morning/good evening overs, everyone please enjoy your day.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:20 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
instant

Love roses- hope the first day went well IP

rode to work in the rain today- it's great - it's part of the deal- really don't miss the car, and the various parking issues
Old 10-13-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a good weekend!

IP - Good luck today! Sorry to hear that things are difficult with your bro.

Michael - Thanks for the pic. Good cheer up on a bit of a gloomy morning here.

instant - I love running in the rain. Most people hate it but I find it invigorating!!

I had a really fun weekend. It is the better half's Birthday today so we had a few friends round on Saturday night for an Orange is the New Black themed 'party'. We had food, drinks (cola for me of course), took some 'mugshots' and played Cards Against Humanity. I have never laughed so much at things I shouldn't before in my life. It was really good fun! I was a bit nervous beforehand that people would get too drunk and I wouldn't enjoy it but shouldn't have worried.

We then went out for dinner last night to an Italian Restaurant we both like and stuffed our faces!
Old 10-13-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I hope your first day is going well IP,

Instant, I am so jealous of you looking forward to spring while dayswill be getting darker and shorter in Scotland.

Talking of which, NS I notice you are a Weegie, I will try not to hold it against you! ( my AexH was a Weegie! ) we come thru for the fitba when we can, we brought our Grandson to a game just before we left and hope to bring him to another once we get home. Maybe you can join me 'n' FG in our Overs get together!

Andy, I would absolutely invite you, but as there is no such thing as a free lunch, I would work you like a navvie! Run while you still can!

Drake how did the evensong go? It must be in the genes, I love listening to a good Welsh Male voice Choir.

Dee I take it we are still having problems with the graphics?

Will do FG, Dunfermline is probably a good bet.

DG, happy travels lass. I am like you, if I get a sudden urge to decorate, I'm off on one. I love seeing a freshly painted room. Problem is then all the other rooms look in need of a coat! As for the exercise, I've a feeling the scottish weather and a sense of lethargy may well curtail my enthusiasm from next week onwards, though I will at least have Molly to make me feel guilty if I don't go out!

Zip, Carlos, Itchy, MB, Dottie et al, I hope you have a great Monday. Let's get a role call from y'all to say high! X

Countdown 5 sleeps to my flight home. I have extremely mixed feelings about it. I have been loving my time here, and am conscious that my trip home will be temporary, so am unwilling and unable to seperate myself emotionally from here. I am looking forward to seeing my daughter and grandson and my few friends. But I will hit the ground running, no time for jet lag, and within days will spend a frustrating break with my dad. I try very hard not to get frustrated by him, but I do. I will then have to work on tidying the garden while trying to find paid work for a few months and plan christmas ( we invited my mum and dad up for a week, so it again will be a tense time for me). Keeping the house clean and tidy for potential tenants to view, a trip to London to prove to the good people of the American Embassy that we would be a 2 year asset to have around, selling one or possibly both cars ( anyone looking for a low mileage red Porsche 911?) packing and storing whatever belongings we're leaving and whatever furniture our tenants won't want. Oh, man, I have a sore heid just thinking of it!
Strange as it seems, I know I will only feel settled and able to get into a routine, on our return here, probably in February. I also hate being financially dependent on hubby. He has always earned the bulk of our money, but I have always earned my own spending, I hate that now I am conscious of every penny.

Ach! Happy Moanday everyone!!!!!
Old 10-13-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dee I take it we are still having problems with the graphics?
not as far as I know...what's not working Toots?

D
Old 10-13-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

NS our paths crossed, love the sound of your weekend!!

Nef, meant to say thanks for the Rose, though with only one, we will fight over it and all declare it was meant for us! ( I know you were giving it to me you sweet charmer!!)
Old 10-13-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Well can't see your D Dee for starters! Will check it on google chrome see if it's my end. How's things with you now? Settled in? How are the new neighbours?
Old 10-13-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Administrator

Everything is fine here Toots - all settled in and the neighbours I've met seem fine (pretty big complex)

I can see everyones avatars so dunno LOL
let me know if it's the same in other browsers.

off to bed
D
Old 10-13-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

hiya toots & all the overs

been busier then a Bobcat with a burr under it's tail!

congrats on the new home dee
Old 10-13-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

I see D's D

Love to see Scotland with you Toots, last time I was there, I do not remember much of it.... I was into the scotch too much (liquid variety of course).

Evensong went fine, although only about a 45 minute service, 30 or so of it is sung or chanted. I was beat.

The service was dedicated to our Deacon who is retiring and moving back to San Francisco. He is also a long time friend of mine who I first met in Nicaragua in 1999. He has been and will continue to be my "honorary" sponsor, he will have 34 years sober on 10/28.

Happy Monday Overs!
Old 10-13-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Zip

D
Old 10-13-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

IP- it's great to hear everything is going so well for you.

Treerat- I'm a bit jealous of your fall weekend in the mountains!

Michael- It's good to see you here.

Instant- I hate parking issues. Although my biggest issue with it is that I can't parallel park. It's not a necessary skill where I live, but it can suck not being able to do it when I go elsewhere. One of these days, I'll get it figured out.

NS- Your weekend does sound like it was fun.

Toots- It's some girls dreams to marry and live off of their guys. But I know how you feel. I couldn't feel comfortable doing that either. I know you have to plan ahead to get everything in line and accomplished, but try to take things one day at a time too.

Drake- glad to hear the performance went well.

I finished painting the kitchen yesterday and it looks really good. Now I just have to actually get packed up and out of here today!
Old 10-13-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

I worked for 11 hours....egghhhh....