Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 29

Old 04-23-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Grace, sorry about the zaps. My husband got those when he went off straterra. He said they were awful. I hope you are proud of your sobriety today!
Old 04-23-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

And Grace, your daughter has lovely taste! That dress is gorgeous. So many young girls try to show as much skin as possible. There is something alluring sometimes about a little restraint and elegance. She will be beautiful!
Old 04-23-2014, 09:55 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Administrator

Use anything like that for long enough and I believe it can run into a problem Renarde. Sounds wise to me that you chose not to get the refill

D
Old 04-23-2014, 10:24 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, I agree with you. It was making me nervous so I didn't fill it. I felt like I was playing with fire, and my pain has decreased. I really do NOT want another addiction! Alcohol is enough.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:50 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

~Food For Thought~ Thoughtful Thursday Edition~
~Write Your "New Story"~

Today is that day that you make a decision to create a new story!

Today’s Daily Word is dedicated to new beginnings! Every ending starts something new and as the creator of your life it is imperative that you end the story that you don’t want and replace it with one that fits your desires!

Life is too short to be wasting it trying to hold on to or fix things that obviously don’t vibrate with you on your current level! The pen that writes your story is in your hands so at any moment you can start over! Many times our unwillingness to let go of the familiar is the only reason why our life isn’t the way we want it to be!

Life is about perspective! You know… Half empty vs. Half Full! And some of us have the perspective that we are grateful that we even have a cup… but what we need to realize is that gratitude shouldn’t be about compromise! Gratitude is about not taking things for granted but understanding that your desires are valid and with the universe being abundant you can have it all!!

Effective immediately, we need to understand our power of creation and use it to create our new beginning! Everything you need in order to live life better than before is already in your possession! Simply use what you have to get what you want! Life has been and will always be exactly what you make it! Start today and make it great! Nothing can stop you but you!-Ash’Cash

~Healthy Mental Snacks~

“Don’t wait for something big to occur. Start where you are, with what you have, and that will always lead you into something greater.”-Mary Manin Morrissey

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”-Theodore Roosevelt

“If all you can do is crawl, start crawling.”-Rumi

“The secret to living the life of your dreams is to start living the life of your dreams today, in every little way you possibly can.”-Mike Dooley

“Life is not a dress rehearsal. Stop practicing what you’re going to do and just go do it. In one bold stroke you can transform today.”-Marilyn Grey

“You don’t need endless time and perfect conditions. Do it now. Do it today. Do it for twenty minutes and watch your heart start beating.”-Barbara Sher

“The secret to a rich life is to have more beginnings than endings.”-Dave Weinbaum
Old 04-24-2014, 02:52 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Administrator

For those of you who were asking about Hooped he's in Newcomers right now.
I think he could really use hearing from some of you guys.

D
Old 04-24-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! I responded.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Yeah thanks Dee for making us aware of his post, Ive responded too- hope he can get well.

I had a really good chat with an AA friend last night and planning on hitting the meetings again tomorrow after my mum goes back, I hate goodbyes but at least Ive been sober for her visit this time and enjoyed some good times.

Hope everyone is well.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks guys

D
Old 04-24-2014, 10:08 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

So quiet in here! How is everyone?

I've been assigned to attend an AA meeting as part of my class, so I guess I will hit my first one up this weekend. Classmates keeps asking me to pair up with them to go, but I plan on saying "I'm an alcoholic" and that is not something I am "out" about at school/work, so I have been trying to find a meeting to go to alone.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:25 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Also just realized that I have 8 months since my last drink as of today
Old 04-24-2014, 10:29 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Renarde

D
Old 04-25-2014, 12:51 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Well done renarde
Old 04-25-2014, 01:49 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Hi Guys. Just checking in. Fellow Class of September 2013 member here but not been posting much recently. How's everyone doing? Hard past few weeks for me but still sober and determined to stay that way!
Old 04-25-2014, 03:21 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Renarde: Well done on 8 months ! Its one milestone after another !! Keep rockin' !!

Old 04-25-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Yay, Renarde!!!!!!!!!!! That's AWESOME!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

~Food for Thought ~ T.G.I.F. Edition~
~Burn The Bridges~

Welcome to the day that you continue to align your actions with your dreams and aspirations!Today’s Daily Word is dedicated to NOT Giving yourself a way out!!

Imagine for a second, if life was like crossing a bridge… but instead of the conventional bridge, this was a one that fell apart every time you took a step forward. On the other side of the bridge was Success but as you took every step something seemed to be blocking you from going forward… Remember that the bridge fell apart as you took a step forward so there’s no going back. What would you do? Obviously the only option would be to knock down whatever was in your way in order to get to your destination.

Now let’s stop imagining and realize that if we really want our dreams to come true then this is going to HAVE to be our reality!! As the saying goes “those who really want something will find a way, those who don’t will find excuses!”

You MUST always go after you goals with full faith and never give yourself a way out! If you fix in your mind that losing is not an option or giving up isn’t possible then you will stay motivated and always achieve any goal that you set for yourself. As Kerry E Wagner once said “You don’t have to worry about burning bridges, if you’re building your own” Don’t Give Yourself A Way Out!! Losing is not and never will be an Option!!! You either Win or Learn! Never Lose!!

~The Healthy Snacks~

“Failure is not an option, unless you make it one.”-Unknown

“When quiting is no longer an option, you’re half way there.”-Unknown

“The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it.”-Alan Saporta

“The world’s greatest achievers have been those who have always stayed focused on their goals and have been consistent in their efforts.”-Roopleen

“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face… do the thing you think you cannot do.”-Eleanor Roosevelt

“Don’t run away from a challenge because you’re afraid. Instead, run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet.”-Nadia Comaneci

“Self-acceptance comes from meeting life’s challenges vigorously. Don’t numb yourself to your trials and difficulties, nor build mental walls to exclude pain from your life. You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory.”-J. Donald Walters

“Through suffering, comes wisdom. Through surrender, comes strength. Through resilience, comes hope. Keep going.”-Rita Said
Old 04-25-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
Also just realized that I have 8 months since my last drink as of today
CONGRATS ON 8 MONTHS RENARDE, CONTINUE THE GREAT SOBER JOURNEY. PROUD OF YOUR SUCCESS!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Gee thanks guys! Thanks for putting up with me for 8 months! Haha Happy Friday everyone
Old 04-25-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Nightswimming

D