Administrator

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-21.html

D
Old 09-14-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 26

Coming here to check in and report my progress has really helped. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Woot woot!!! on day 26, ((((Treebeard))))!!!!
Old 09-14-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!! Looking forward to another sober day getting lots done and not missing out on things! Feeling better each day.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

feeling better cold breaking up...

Iam in for another 24 hours the med for this is nasty.. cough cough
Old 09-14-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
fgo

Morning everyone,
CajunP,,,, congrats on 30, I' m right with you.
I've seen some of the A-team around the boards, some have joined Sept, some just posting. Good to see they are active.
Couple weeks back I would get on sr in the morning and read a dozen posts.
Like life everything changes.
Just so you all know, I am staying. This thread has been a lifeline for me. I finally got it through my head that we need to do something everyday to grow in sobriety, you guys are more than a tool for me. What we share, only we truly understand.
My mom has been staying with me for the last month, (long Story) She was forced by illness to quit drinking & smoking about 5 months ago. She was on her death bed, now she is just a dry drunk, she is pissed about everything & everyone. I can't talk to her about anything, I mean anything. Actually not true, she has 1 sister that she likes, thats all we talk about.
My point, I am still sober and I thank all of you for helping keeping me sober.
It is all about a shift in thinking.. There is no person, place, or thing that can make me pick up again. I won't go back punishing myself..

sending positive mojo to you all, Todd
Old 09-14-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Morning all - Sorry I havent been around the last couple of weeks. I did relapse at about a week after meeting up with a friend who I thought was sober, but it turned out he'd stopped going to AA and decided to start smoking pot again at close to 5 years sober. So what I thought was a lunch with a sober friend turned out to be really triggering after I let bad thoughts about that bounce around in my head for awhile. But anyway, I don't want to follow in his footsteps with that, and I still want to be part of the A-team, so I'm back with 2 days and hope you all are well!
Old 09-14-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elicia08 View Post
Woot woot!!! on day 26, ((((Treebeard))))!!!!
Thanks. 😊
Old 09-14-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great to see this group back in force Especially good to see relapsers returning so quickly. SR is wonderful and this group is our own little safe haven part of it. Hugs to all xxx
Old 09-14-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi guys just wanted to check in. Still here still fighting. Elle 😀
Old 09-14-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm on the road for work and the hours are crazy so it's hard to do anything but work right now. I do have to say though that it's kind of a challenge because before, I would definitely drink in that situation. Work 16 hours on four hours sleep, then pound a few beers or a bottle of wine and repeat. Instead last night I crashed for 11 hours sleep and have a badly needed delayed start today. And the annoying thing is that I have a headache!!!!! It's not as bad as a hangover would be but still. I'm actually very good, just waiting for the Advil to kick in. I've lost count but believe it's 34 days today. Yesterday I met a lot of new people being in this new place and it was cool to say, when it came up, that I don't drink.

Writing this down made me feel very happy actually. These annoying things are just life. I'm in a really interesting place and am hoping to have time tomorrow to explore it, as I slept my free time away today but tomorrow shouldn't be as tired.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Hi A-Team!
Just checking in.
I am still here with you all.

I'm closing in on weeks this Sunday.

Folks it does get easier... I can't believe how clear my head is. Sleeping better too!

Best to all!
Old 09-14-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey there A-team, I'm on Day one again. But I'd still like to be part of this group if that's ok? I haven't posted for a while as I was on holiday-which was a sober one I'm pleased to say.
Although since coming back I've been in a bit of a funk. I have had bad anxiety and it all got too much for my last night. I drank on my way to a gig and then missed the gig cos I went to a pub instead. My friends are really angry with me, they know about my drink problem. I called in sick for work today cos I'm feeling so rotten. Here I go again, I have to do it right this time. I'm on a knife edge with work. I can't think straight though.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey gang, glad to see everyone posting. Nice to see you back SONW and SSG!

It's typically to think, when something feels like it takes a long time, it's a bad thing. This is not one of those scenarios.

This has been a long 30 days. I have so much time to think and prepare for my every day. I'm aware and conscious of every little detail. Sleep has been kick-***. I'm approaching every day the I way need to, and in a very casual manner. This is just another day to me in comparison to the other 23, not counting the 1st week. I'll admit, it took me a week to get that monkey off of my back.

Otherwise, let's continue forging ahead gang! Have a nice rest of the week!
Old 09-14-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sadsadgirl View Post
Hey there A-team, I'm on Day one again. But I'd still like to be part of this group if that's ok? I haven't posted for a while as I was on holiday-which was a sober one I'm pleased to say.
Although since coming back I've been in a bit of a funk. I have had bad anxiety and it all got too much for my last night. I drank on my way to a gig and then missed the gig cos I went to a pub instead. My friends are really angry with me, they know about my drink problem. I called in sick for work today cos I'm feeling so rotten. Here I go again, I have to do it right this time. I'm on a knife edge with work. I can't think straight though.
Welcome home to the group x
Old 09-14-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

@finallygotout - it's so true that we all can understand this thing like "normal" people cant. I need to participate actively, daily in this thing too to stay on track. Still trying to figure what else I need to do. I cant ever go back to that place.

@StartingOverNW - so glad to hear from you!! Glad you're staying on the A-team as I did.

@Elle - I am so proud of you. HUGS. Been thinking about you.

@Bexxed - awesome job. You inspire me. I have yet to (successfully, at least) be in a drinking situation again.

@MidnightRider - great to hear! How many weeks on Sunday? I'm looking forward to a clearer head and better sleep.

@SuperSensationalGirl - I've been thinking about you too! Just brush yourself off and keep going. YES - STAY ON A-TEAM!

So this is funny - at least to me - got my new t-shirt in the mail today that I ordered. It says, "Pharmacist - I can't fix stupid, but I can medicate it." lol

Anyways, happy afternoon. Glad to be able to be on here more today and tomorrow since are my days off.

<3
Old 09-14-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

@Neverthought - good to hear, neighbor!
Old 09-14-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am here and telling on my AV, which is suddenly rearing its ugly head

It's like as soon as I start feeling healthy and good again my evil AV starts its nasty whispers and lies

So that's what's happening right now. I needed to tell on it
Old 09-14-2016, 01:05 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
I am here and telling on my AV, which is suddenly rearing its ugly head

It's like as soon as I start feeling healthy and good again my evil AV starts its nasty whispers and lies

So that's what's happening right now. I needed to tell on it
Don't even let yourself go there CG, e.g., distract yourself, change direction. If you're walking east, turn and walk west.

Shut that AV down as soon as it slips into your thoughts. Try it! You'll get so used to changing your direction or distracting yourself, it will begin to happen automatically.

I know, I used to do it all of the time. To me it was tug-of-war! Sometimes it was over a few weeks, and sometimes over a few months, but I was always participating.

Ultimately, it was just a long fight, as I was slowly being pulled toward the muddy-waters.

Two aspects I'll share (granted, that work for me):
* Most important - Complete Commitment to Abstinence.
* No Participation What-So-Ever with My AV.

With the 1st, the 2nd comes quite easily!

Happy Sobriety Gang....piece-out!
Old 09-14-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks, NT