Notices

I know my sobriety is improving because. . . .

Old 08-19-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I no longer automatically think of drinking over bad things.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'm taking responsibility for my emotional health and fulfilling my commitments to myself and others with conviction.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Lovely response...

Lovely response, embodying those three great spiritual values, compassion, tolerancve and patience

May I add,...'There are two great qualities that have stood against everything, love and truth' - Mahatma Ghandi, much of which is to be found in SCR.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:04 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by aussieblue View Post
I know my sobriety is improving because .............
My headaches have stopped
I am sleepling like a baby
I am exercising
I am starting to laugh again.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:50 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Redmayne

I know my sobriety is improving....

I know my sobriety is improving, because as I have just been thankfully reminded by the post,'Head down the toilet' (see this forum) this morning that I once to sp[ents my time making many visits to kneel before and then gaze into those cool, blue waters to engage in a bout of 'reverse paristolisis', probably spelt that wrong, more commonlyknowen as vomiting into the toilet bowl!

In sobriety, that no longer happens, if it is that I sufferb from the odd bout offood poisoning I can conduct myself in a more sensible appropriate manner,not forgetting those occasions when I'd do it just about anywhere, with no thought of the conseqeuences to either myself or worst still, to those around me.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:42 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
a southern belle

what a gift!

one..among many...of my sober gifts is not worrying. i dont have to worry about what i said or did. i too can remember. and, i find that "im sorry" is not my go to phrase. the freedom of sobriety is staggering. im lovin it.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:56 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by grateful101010 View Post
My house gets cleaner and more organized every day. My bank account is better, I'm making more and spending less. My skin is clear, no bags under my eyes. I am calm, not irritable. I am more clean and well-groomed. I am reading much more and watching TV much, much less. I just launched a business I have been thinking about starting for two years. And I 'm doing my day job better. That's just the start.
i'm reading much more as well.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I can pack up the trash in my bedroom and not have to worry about bottles and cans hitting each other. It's really amazing how I can throw things away and not worry about the noise the trash makes or if the bag is too see through.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:40 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

I know my sobriety is improving, because my anger issues are almost a distant memory!
Old 10-01-2011, 08:54 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I get along better with people, and it's a nice feeling to know THERE ARE some that are actually happy to see me nowadays.....

Last edited by mikefreak; 10-01-2011 at 08:57 PM. Reason: edit
Old 10-01-2011, 11:59 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Redmayne

A romance.

I know my sobriety is imporoving because I've actually,for the first time in sobriety, been able to form a real romantic relationship, in the form of two previous dates, which included flowers for her flowers and dining out in a restaurant,to be followed by a a 'run to the coast' later today.

Sobriety, never ceases to amaze me!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:03 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I know my sobriety is improving because I'm being more honest.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:53 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I know my sobriety is improving, because I am enjoying things again..instead of trying to just make it through the day. I sewed up a hole in one of my son's jeans today. I enjoyed it.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Redmayne

I know my sobriety is improving...

I know mysobriety is improving because yesterday I received an unexpected rent rebate, £82.00! The cheque remained safely tucked away until I banked it in my account today.

Positively unheard of in my drinking days when I would have hotfooted to some money changer, lost some on the interest paid, taken the cash and just blown the lot on a 'bender', now look at me, sorting out theUK's debt crisis,!!! ;-)
Old 10-26-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I know I am recovering because the full scope of what I have put myself through for the past 8 years is beginning to make itself very clear. And it's scary!
Old 11-07-2011, 05:26 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I know I am recovering because I enjoy the taste of tea again
Old 11-07-2011, 08:36 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

I know my sobriety is improving because I no longer cringe when people ask me if I'm still not drinking. (I use to take that really personal like they were wishing failure on me.)
Old 11-07-2011, 09:03 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Lovely, lovely, lovely...

Thank you sooooo much forthat, lovely, lovely , lovely, it made me recall just how much in my early days of sobriety people, when dining with friends or relatives, would make a point of ensuring that alcohol was kept at the other end of the dinner table, out of sight, meals were served, ensurinng that my portion hadn't been enhanced or 'infected'; with alcohol, just in case I didn't turn into a green, muscle bound monster, split my pants and slavering, drink all the alcohol available within a 10 mile radius, of course I wasn't to feel embarassed or belittled by those 'superior' normal drinkers????

How different things are now, especially when I drive them home
Old 11-08-2011, 05:51 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Pa**ot Momma

Wow you all are paraphrasing how I know!! Hmm I am much less cranky both with my spouse and my boss, I am reading more, my metabolism is actually starting to work better I actually get hungry!, I definately am doing a better job at my day job... I am sleeping so much better...and it is soo much easier to get up in the morning and have time for COFFEE!

OOps forgot one of the really important ones, my house is actually getting clean again..now if only I could get hubby to get his dusting caught up.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:51 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

...I can spend four days with my mother over a long weekend and practice, LOVINGNESS, TOLERANCE and PATIENCE!!! woohoo