Notices

I know my sobriety is improving because. . . .

Old 02-07-2011, 06:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I now talk on the phone and "REMEMBER" speaking to that person the next day!! "Trust me I had conversations with people and had no clue I even spoke to them!!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Untoxicated View Post
...because I no longer put on my seatbelt when I go to bed.
:rotfxko:rotfxko
Old 03-12-2011, 02:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

What led me here

Hello everyone,
I know my sobriety is working after 6 days of not drinking for several reasons.

I find I have more money now beacause I'm not spending 10.00 a day buying a six pack of Premium high alcohol content beer

I'm more patient and don't fly off the handle so easily

Going through a separation right now and I have a clearer head to think things over carefully

My blood pressure has decreased from the alarming rate 7 days ago.

That's what made me think of stopping my drinking habits. My Blood pressure spiked at 200/110 last week during and unscheduled Panic Attack/Anxiety Attack and it made me think about ME for once

Please feel free to contact me privately or here, I really need people to talk to during this difficult time.
Thank you for reading this
Old 03-12-2011, 03:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I can tell if my medication is working or not. Before I had so many different medications, all downed down with booze, I had no idea if any of them worked. Other than the ones I took (in excess) to fall asleep once the buzz wore off. Then I still had no idea cause it was all mixed up and floating in alcohol.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Kiwi,
I sent you a private message too, but wanted to say thank you for your post. It's really nice to be able to talk to people that are experiencing similar events in their lives.
Hope you have an excellent weekend
Old 03-23-2011, 02:20 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
...is learning and growing...

Because for the first time ever I'm admitting to myself that I'm powerless over alcohol...
Old 04-11-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
orangutan

I know my sobriety is improving because .............
My headaches have stopped
I am sleepling like a baby
I am exercising
Old 04-11-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Great thread! I don't think as much about wine. I think about kindness and my Higher Power and my family...but not wine.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Redmayne

'Comfortable in my own skin'

I know my sobriety is improving, because it's now a little over 3 years since my alcoholism was taken from me, of course everything didn't just get better overnight , but when I consider my personal circumstances, living in a secure, stable, environment,where,whilst I might not have everything that I want but I have everything I need, which is apparently the definition of affluence.
Plus the safe arrival, lastAug., of my grandson, Jude, he's beautiful, it's safe to say, things are getting a whole lot better than in my drinking days... albeit I recently made the mistake of becoming a 'dry drunk' something which on realisation I quickly resiled, dangerous territory for someone like me...
Old 04-23-2011, 06:35 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

-I have $ in the bank
-my house is 'SUPER' clean
-my yard looks great
-I am soooo much more happier and smiling
-I am no longer irritated and aggitated by everything and everyone
-I don't have to look back through my phone the next day to see who I drunk dialed -OR- cram my brain to think of who I might have cussed out or what was said
Old 04-24-2011, 05:58 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Right Where I am Suppose to be

Simple Things

To raise my children with love, rather than it being a chore, To feel a small hand in mine & appreciate the love!!!
To wake up each morning & be grateful to be alive
To have emotions & riding that rollercoster, & get off & smile
Old 04-24-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Truly...

That's a truly inspirational post,especially for me who didn'tthink he'slive to see his grandson, thank you.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Becaus I am able to laugh.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:18 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Redmayne

I'm more tolerant of others...

I know my sobriety is improving because I'm more tolerant of others...especially those who either suffer from or are like me in recovery from the disease/illness of alcohol-ISM, and those who surround them.

As it is often said, it is a disease of ignorance...shared knowledge, help amd support...enhanced by compassion, patience and tolerance goes a long way to eradicate this, for the benefit of all...
Old 08-12-2011, 03:51 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I know I am improving because my brain is coming back. I can remember things. I am more focused. Everything is clean. I can actually sleep. I have food in my belly (I used to never eat so I would get drunk faster) and I am not vomitting from being extremely hungover.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:33 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Familiar words...

Familiar words of which it is good to be reminded,thank you.

I must admit even though it is 3 years and 6 months, to the date that I was relieved of my alcoholism, there is no greater reminder or gratitude in my heart than the experience of waking up,knowing who I am and where I am in not only a clean bed but a clean house witha mind that,as it welcomes the day, becomes clear and focussed.

Equally so, to retire at night , at a time of my and in the manner of my choice, instead of sinking into oblivion, wherever the alcohol took me, is a great freedom, not to be missed.

So, another,'thank you' for your timely reminder...
Old 08-16-2011, 06:04 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Because I now truly realize that drinking will solve none of the problems that I face in every day life. It'll only temporarily dull my worries before exasperating my situation.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:45 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Redmayne

A perfect synopsis...

The name of the disease/illness is alcohol - ISM, the alcohol, which effectively leads to those affected becoming physically, mentally and spiritually bankrupt, is but a symptom.

The -ISM's are found in our daily existence, which, certainly in my case, and I hope many others , greatly benefit from following the 12 suggested Steps in the AA programme of recovery which includes handing my life and will over to the god of my understanding, on a daily basis.

Thank you for a perfect synopsis, just have to keep in minmd the words at the start of Capter 5 of the book,'Alcoholics Anonymous' 4th Ed., 'Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path' ...

May the god of your understanding go with you...
Old 08-17-2011, 10:53 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'm alive.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I no longer feel rushed or overwhelmed. I can start a project and come back to it the next day. It doesn't need to get done right now. Rome wasn't built in a day.