Notices

My Battle With THC (Pot)

Old 04-09-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good...the more un-numb we jokers are the better!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well the fun has begun as I gotta be up at five AM but cannot sleep without my THC blanket.

This would have happened today no matter what as I could not get any pot anyway, but good god it sucks lol.

Also, the thinking has begun as well as the empty thoughts and spaces...I keep thinking randomly about particulars of my DOC as well and we are only a few hours in folks.

Of course this is just the tip of the coaster's climb I guess and from what i read most ppl's worst is one to two days after.

Gonna try and get some rest if not sleep so I will check in here from work tomorrow and I might be on here right after work as coming back to this place in this room after hurting at work with no buffer is going to be the first major thing to go through, to say nothing of going to deal with a job I hate sober.

Cheers all...
Old 04-10-2014, 02:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wackybunny View Post
Hi DrWho. I saw you posted on my thread so you've read at least some of it. I'm on day 39 no weed. Honestly I couldn't imagine on day 1 what it would be like to go this long. I tried SO many times to quit. Joined here a year ago, posted a bit, fell off wagon and disappeared from site. Came back to site more determined. Failed. Tried again. Failed. Tried again. And that doesn't even mention trying to quit about once every two months for most of life, always giving in when the withdrawal started.

Point is, I kept trying and wow, I am succeeding this time! It's really wonderful. I found that a lot of the overwhelming emotions and anxiety in my life were actually caused (or made worse) by weed. I thought weed sort of helped me deal with stuff but after I got through the withdrawal, I discovered that weed was actually at least half of the problem and things are now EASIER to deal with!!! What a surprise! Withdrawal and the AV totally try to fool you into thinking you NEED it (or at least they did for me) or you're gonna fall apart. Not true. Getting professional and emotional help is wonderful but don't discount getting off weed.

And for a bit of background, my life has also been peppered with tragedy (ACoA, family member suicide, hard drug abuse, crippling torturous chronic pain, etc etc, on it goes). Coming off weed I was kind of hit with a brick in the face with all these emotions bottled up. Then the kind people here assured me that I did not have to deal with it ALL right then. I can take my time to come to terms with things. Main thing for me, get off weed. Mind becomes more clear. Am in a better place to deal with these emotions properly and not in the half baked way I dealt with them before.

I wish you luck. I know that for me there was no magical date, it was just one of the many attempts to quit that stuck. It happened after becoming totally utterly fed up, becoming really determined and reading and posting on dear SR.

I clicked on this thread because I was a chronic pot smoker for the last 20 years. I actually was functioning and pretty successful in life, or so I thought. I guess I was 'keeping it together'. I quit for about a year 8 years ago then started dating someone who was not smoking at the time either but started up and he was a super pothead. I got right back into it. Last year, I broke it off with him. We were on and off again for the last several years. He had it. At least I stopped buying it a long time ago and stopped wasting my money on it. It is super expensive!
But, I paid the price in other ways. I was in a fog. I realize too, like you said, it was causing me anxiety. I actually had a knot just below my chestbone. A swirling energy ball of anxiety. I noticed it after I stopped smoking daily and then would smoke once in a blue moon. The last time I smoked was a few months ago and I thought I was ODing. It was so crazy. It took me 4 hours to come down from it. I felt horrible and just don't want to feel like that ever again. The AV will try to get you to smoke.

It is so crazy. I don't even understand it, except I can relate to your post and also to the struggle of the build up to quit. I know if I wasn't set firm on the fact I wasn't going to buy it, I may have not quit. I am so lucky it just happened like that. I have been offered a bunch of times and turned it down. That felt good. Once though I saw it sitting on the table and I was starring at it. Even though I didn't want to feel the anxiety or all stoned, I wanted it. So, it is better not to be around it and just know that getting time under your belt will turn it around and you will start to think 'wow, I can't believe I smoked all the time, I feel so much better now'. The clarity is awesome!
Thanks for posting!
Old 04-10-2014, 02:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Way to go Dr. Who!
Old 04-10-2014, 03:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks, I wish right now I felt like celebrating lol...up for work and so tired my eyes are watering but yet I could not sleep...
Old 04-10-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good luck today.. Fail or succeed, check in,
Old 04-10-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks and so far ok...

I just hate this job and no buffer sucks so far.

(I work in a small retail setting for a nice family without whom is be in.a worse place as they understand my physical stuff)

I mostly sell Lotto and beer which means I am a dealer for others vices and some ( a lot) of the lottery ppl are rude, and I understand but lol...

Other big thing is my bosses kid, who sells and is a nice guy too, but last time I tried to cut down he gave me three grams to sell, which i of course smoked.

Did not have the courage to tell him no, will have to be much stronger if that comes up.

Last night I threw everything out and deleted all my #'s.

Gottago, excuse my typos BTW.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

That's an Excellent start to your New Life, Doc ! Getting rid of reminders is important. And that co-worker - if he brings it up, just tell him you're taking a break - that way you don't have to go into a big explanation. Come to SR everyday and check in - we're here for you. And if a craving comes, come here FIRST ! Read as much as you can here- you will learn an amazing amount of things that will help you from all the wonderful people here. Stay away from other smokers. What can you do with your time ? Do you have any old hobbies you've dropped ? We'll see you after work - keep going - your New Life depends on it !
Old 04-10-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Oh yeah...writing projects, guitar, recording, producing a online talk radio show....I've put a lot off...
Old 04-10-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

One thing that helped me was to get addicted to gear, buy some pedals or an amp, upgrade your recording software,and realize what you got instead of an oz, nothing makes it easy, it sucks till it doesn't but when it doesn't - nothing is sweeter than freedom. We all want freedom,

I quit weed because of music, and my music got way stronger, solos are tighter, rhythm are more clear, more relaxed about letting ideas wind out. Weed gives you lots of half ideas but your attention span is too short to work with them, watch your gigs get better once you become a clear musician,

Freedom, freedom, freedom,- you aren't quitting something, you are starting something good,
Old 04-10-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good idea, but I lost my electric so first have to save for that and a pod...but later if you guys don't mind illpospost a song I have on You Tube I wrote and recorded in literally 30, min last July with Fruity Loops, my phone and my voice...
30 min total time and some here might find the lyrics helpful.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Freedom, freedom, freedom,- you aren't quitting something, you are starting something good

I Love that line, Bob- thanks !
Old 04-10-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happycampers View Post
That's an Excellent start to your New Life, Doc ! Getting rid of reminders is important. And that co-worker - if he brings it up, just tell him you're taking a break - that way you don't have to go into a big explanation. Come to SR everyday and check in - we're here for you. And if a craving comes, come here FIRST ! Read as much as you can here- you will learn an amazing amount of things that will help you from all the wonderful people here. Stay away from other smokers. What can you do with your time ? Do you have any old hobbies you've dropped ? We'll see you after work - keep going - your New Life depends on it !
Hey my bosses kid came in, grabbed a beer and left before that could be brought up (think he thought I wanted a front lol)!!

However, another dude I had asked before asked if I still needed a new guy and I told him I quit.

(Which is good, because I was sitting there bs-ing with my bosses kid with a 'straight' in the store and thinking: "Hmmm, I could just get it today, start Sunday night after work...probably 80% chance I still said no and 20% chance I said yes honestly)

Today was rough, probably more because of doing that crap without my buffer, and no sleep.

Right now just got back, think even if I had any I'd be too tired lol.

BTW, it has been the first 24 hours already since I took my last hit of that resin...
Old 04-10-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You can do this. Many many have done it, and lots of them are here to help you to do it too. Good for you. I hope you rest better tonight. Perhaps you can do a little something cardio-like, within your physical limitations, of course.
big hug
Old 04-10-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was a 30 year daily smoker, Doctor - some good advice here already so I just say if I can do it, anyone can

keep reaching out for support , be prepared to make some changes to your life and you'll be ok too

and remember...

those cravings & temptations...

D
Old 04-10-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Congrats who.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Way to go, Dr. Who. Great first day, or at least passable. Tomorrow may be even better. Don't give up. You can do it.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I was a 30 year daily smoker, Doctor - some good advice here already so I just say if I can do it, anyone can

keep reaching out for support , be prepared to make some changes to your life and you'll be ok too

and remember...

those cravings & temptations...

D
LOl @ the Dalek!!

Thanks to all of you...honestly I like this place and you guys are great!

Here is that song by the way, the lyrics are eerie (In video description) as to me it almost seems like I am predicting all the changes that happened post August 2013!

(Please don't be too rough on it it was literally written and recorded in like 3 hours tops without me even having a guitar! -And the vocal are through a bloody cell phone lol-I actually think the chorus is damn catchy!)

PS: All these people calling me Doctor Who makes me think: "Doctor Who and the Weed of Doom lmao"
Old 04-10-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Cool! The chorus is very catchy, you're right. Good voice too. I have always had a hard time making out lyrics and could not hear all of them but they sound great. I also like the blinds going up and down, seemed like eyelids opening and closing. Are you ok with not being as anonymous, as in, anyone on internet can see our posts and also see the name associated with the video. Lots of people are very open about stuff like that, me more secretive. Hehe.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

I could make out the "better days" lyrics and I think you'll get some better days soon. Well done for not buying it! So well done. For me it was about making the right decision in the moment. Later on I'd be like, ah I wish I said yes and had some weed but by then it was too late and I made it through the night without it. Gotta keep saying no and not having it around, you will get through the night. It may not be comfortable but you'll get through.