Notices

My Battle With THC (Pot)

Old 04-22-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

I was wondering how your therapy was going. Do you think it's helping yet? Are you feeling good about it?

About my step dad, funny that I called him a bit of a jerk. That's like the understatement of the decade. Anyway... I felt quite a bit better when I concluded I'd never get what I needed from him. Meant I had no choice but to get it from myself. Meant I could stop chasing his approval since the adult me realized I'd never really get it and it wasn't my fault. Realized that only the child me really craved/needed it. But as I said, I was lucky to be able to distance myself and cut myself off from that awful man. I didn't have a close bond with him. It would be a lot harder if I had to maintain a relationship with him, if I wanted to maintain one like I expect you do with your dad. Different situations/people but maybe similar in that you may not get what you need from him or at any rate, no point putting your life or happiness on hold for it.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:27 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hmmmm, seems we have some shared history Bunny, i feel its just the child reaching out for it as well...

I have been in therapy since August and it is responsible for many good things, including my sobriety and me being here.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Huh?

How's it going?
Old 04-26-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Yes DrWho, how is it going for you this week? I'm same old same old. Nothing much to add so been keeping quiet and gardening instead of being on SR.

Hi 321, how are you?
Old 04-26-2014, 10:40 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Huh?

Hiiiiii, I'm well.
And you?
Old 04-26-2014, 11:00 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Beyond two weeks and feeling OK...had good news writing wise and radio show wise, got pegged to submit som Doctor Who fiction for a published book, actually another real live book, not digital so fingers crossed guys.

Also just got back from Karaoke, did not drink, drank coffee and ate pizza bread and sang but I am tired...have not slept since 11 am Friday and have t be back at work at five AM!

Also talked to my six year ex, think I might be able to talk to my son possibly!

So good things are afoot, I have my moments still, but all in all I have improved 1000%!
Old 04-27-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Huh?

*happy dance*
Old 04-29-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

That's all great news! Sounds like a good week and I'm happy for you.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:07 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Hey guys...popped in here because I was taken off the work schedule for a week and I am afraid I am going to be rather forced to quit nicotine cold turkey, but wanted to tell you guys I am still off the green stuff...thanks for all your support over that rough patch and each and every one of you who posted in this thread were very important to me in a very difficult period of my life!

Thank you all!!!

Here is a song demo which I wrote in 2002, is not the ending theme (with slightly changed lyrics) for the paranormal podcast I do as well as lyrics that could help a lot here...feel free to pass it around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDTcjGBIXWg
Old 05-27-2014, 09:17 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Wanted to invite you all here to the madness that I am sure will start in this thread also...all of you became my support during the THC battle and I'd love you guys to support me through this fight! Cheers!
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4678016
Old 05-27-2014, 10:41 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Hello! Great to "see" you. Thanks for checking in and letting us know you're still not smoking weed. Man, that was hard wasn't it? Anyway, so happy to hear you're doing well. Ug, cigarettes, my next thing. How the heck am I going to do that since I can't avoid it like I could weed? It's on the street. Having said that, it's less socially acceptable where I am and no-one is going to question why I would quit. No-one is going to try to tempt me. In fact, I think I'm the only cigarette smoker in my crowd. Yikes, I really am!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:21 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Sounds like the bunny is ready to hop that next hedge to me...