Hen House Talk -All Are Welcome-Part 32

Old 08-07-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hen House Talk -All Are Welcome-Part 32

Please do come join in....

Here is the link to the last section

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-31-a.html

Last edited by CarolD; 08-22-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks Carol!!!!!!!!!

TOD
Old 08-07-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

104.png**-**Print
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/s/?...hw16&safe=1&zw

My darling hens and roosters. I hope this works. I've been trying to post a pic of my baby the FuzzyB. Fingers crossed!

I'm getting ready for the road again, I might leave tonight so it's a little crazy now. hope everyone is doing well.

my love to all and special thoughts for our (((Amy))).

leninaB

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/s/?...hy17&safe=1&zw
Old 08-07-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

not sure if the pic is posted. LOL. I'm just a dum dum. LOL. Probably shouldnt be allowed out unsupervised. Frankly, I'm in no mood to go do my work. Mercury better straighten up and fly right soon or I'm doomed! LOL

((((TPA))). Are you enjoying that Connie Willis book? I think she's so fab!

Love to my hens and roosters!!

Lenina
Old 08-07-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Please let me know if you can see the pics. the FuzzyB was so cute and fierce looking at the same time.

XxoooLeninaB
Old 08-07-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Lenina:

No pictures to be seen. Just a ***** login page comes up.

TOD
Old 08-07-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/s/?...hy17&safe=1&zw

Is this one better?
Old 08-07-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Same thing GF! Try, try, try again until you get it right!

TOD
Old 08-07-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/s/?...hq13&safe=1&zw
Old 08-07-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh....I'm just too dum. I just tried everything I know. I must need a nap. LOL

Try double clicking the link. When I do it, I get the pic.

LeninaLittleBean
Old 08-07-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

You get the picture Lenina cause it's your ***** account and you are logged in. It will not work for us because we don't have your login . If you email me the picture, then I can post it for you, if you'd like.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

OK hold and press unless OPEN comes up. press open. see if that works.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thaks ((((JayBird))). It's Hubs account. I'm trying to figure it. PM your email, please?
Old 08-07-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good News! I have a brand new HUGE system now sitting and running to cool the house down. Paid in full, thanks to my Dear parents! I just have to pay them back now over a period of time, but no time limit set. At least I'm not paying finance charges and he also waived the taxes on the bill he handed me. Whoo Whoo

Bad News! Jethro informed me he didn't want a Heat Pump! Lordy, Lordy! So he called the guy that had come out and set all this up for me. Then he informed him he was going to leave it installed. You know!!! There are times!!!! I could just slap him upside the head. I think this is one of them. He even helped the two guys install the damn thing. Why didn't he put the brakes on from the get go if this is what he didn't want installed? I'm happy with it though. I had one in my last home and it worked great. I guess since I'm the holder of the purse strings and my parents paid for it upfront. He relented to leave it alone. Smart MAN! Beside every man stands a smart woman. He's trainable! But I love'em dearly. Just can't help it.

The poor guys installing the thing had to deal with two power outages on top of it. We found out the second time we lost power was due to some electrical workers down the road. There was a guy in a cheery picker and it started falling towards three live lines. The power got cut off QUICKLY. So I can't really complain about that one.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 08-07-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Whoo Hooo!!!! Cool air for TOD, Jethro and the silkies!!!!

You must be beyond thrilled! Take it you survived your appt today.....

I feel like all the FuzzyB picture attempts were a series of cliff hangers....now....no now....now....??? Gonna be cool to see him when he finally makes an appearance here LOL. Lenina.....just joking....you should have seen me try the other day, over and over I read the instructions I have. Problem is I need to post something at least once a week otherwise I think I will forget how.....maybe I should do that. Just what though.....

TB: I know you are keeping busy with all sorts of things but when you have a moment.....I for one would be interested in an update on how things are going for you! Miss you here.

I had the best morning/afternoon. Met with someone from the modern art museum here to talk about what she does....and she had her boss come down to talk to be too! Unexpected! Interesting interesting stuff.....then I just had to spend a few hours in the museum. Lunch in the park across the street and then made my way home. Got some good ideas about some jobs and a learned a lot! That's the goal!! My momentum though seems to have slowed so I need to set up some new stuff for next week.

Sad news though.....my huge tree to the left of my house is without a doubt dying. (when I say huge I mean like 30 ft) I won't go into why (would involve a lot of negativity and bad bad language) but I knew this was coming just was hoping I would have a few more years. Tree guy is coming over in a couple of hours to assess and give me a quote. This is the 4th tree I have had to remove....unfortunately it is the one I loved the most and provided a huge shade and view blocking benefit. Oh well........Just need to address it before pieces start falling on folks/cars down the hill. That could be a bigger problem that I want no part of. Joys of home ownership huh?

Strangely....removing the tree will increase the value of my home....I was pretty much the only person on earth who appreciated the thing - made being in my living room like being in a tree house. Guess it reminded me of being a kid. Wish the world would quit trying to make me be a grown up all the time.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

This is based on my morning apt at the doctor.

Did you claim those trees on your insurance?

Did you see where Marvin Hamish passed away today.

The house is cooling as we type.

Love ya
TOD
Old 08-07-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yipee ((tod))) glad you finally got some nice cool air conditioning. i bet you are worn out tho, with your busy day. those "lady" appts just wear me out anyway. lol

(((cangel))) funny you should say that about wishing the world would quit trying to make you be a grown up all the time... it just seems so you, young at heart, mind and probably physically too. keep your childlike outlook.. it is refreshing!

(((leninabanana))) keep trying honey.. do you have it loaded onto your computer? I can tell you how to post a picture. cannot wait to see sweet (((fuzzyB)))...

well, i can officially claim to eat anything.. ate some tempeh... i think i could eat bark from a tree, if i needed to. daughter gave it to me, jack would not touch it. so i fried it up, and smothered it with soy sauce, and threw some cooked rice in to it. had some kale on the side. wow, world class cuisine here in the old homestead tonight. on the other burner, i am cooking rose petals, to make rose beads. if they turn out, i will gladly send some to anyone who would like some... i had to laugh, because i told son dinner was ready, and i pictured him slathering his rice and tempeh with rose mush. he would have, if i hadnt warned him. might have been worth it to just hear him try to compliment me on it..lol. he is always kind that way.

anyway. been a tough day or two. i have discovered that I am not a person I like very much. my girls get aggravated at me all the time. i seem to say things that tick them off... not sure of why it bothers them. i am sure it is codependent mess crap.
then last night got into argument with son, and said things i regret. i really dont like myself much today. i am not who i want to be. funny, but i so much wanted to be a "good" person, and did not realize that i wasn't , but instead, was a codie mess.

love you guys. trying to figure out how to grow from here, in my life. and is it too late to get my kids respect? honestly, they pick me apart, before they even understand what i am trying to say. and if you dont listen to someones meaning, and get clear on it, how can you judge them? my girls dont realize it, but they have some dysfunction there too. i think.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Don't feel by your lonesome right now Chickory! Jethro and I are at odds right now too. I just asked him nicely to move the two riders and he refused. Something about they are close to where he can charge them if they need it. I then pointed out he has a moveable charger and he has a shop to hook it up to for electricity.

I then informed him I'm tired of the mess out back. Just take a look around as I waved my arm in a wide arc. I then told him if he wanted to live in a junk yard to move in with JB. I told him I was tired of the mess and JUST didn't know what to do about it anymore.

He was getting ready to do some more of the wood chipping and just stormed in here throwing tools around in his box. I guess the chipper didn't start. He also wanted to know if I was ready to take the window units out of the windows. Nope! Don't really want to be around the attitude he's sweating out right now. TPA might just be seeing me earlier than we think. Of course I'll be heading to see my daughter and family, but she lives an hour away from them.

I'm at a loss as to how to get it thru to him. I'M SICK OF LOOKING AT THE MESS AROUND HERE. It embarrasses the hell out of me to have ppl come over and see this mess back here. Doesn't bother him one ounce though.

I saw our favorite elderly lady at the door when I went to wal-mart today. She was soooo surprised to see me and gave me a big ole hug. She then wanted to know where I've been. I fessed up to her and told her about me being on the pain meds and what it does to me. She was very happy to hear I've got over 30 days off of them and was getting out and about again.

Well lets all hope Jethro sweats some of that obnoxious Italian temper out of his system while feeding wood into the chipper. He knows I'm in a pickle now over the mess and it will bother him. So I'll let it stew in him along with the bay leaves I have in a jug of water outside. It's smelling pretty strong and I'll get it poured into one of my sprayers soon. The damned ants are taking us over out here.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 08-07-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

((Chicory)) Thanks.....all I can say! Yeah....I am trying to get back in touch with my youthful spark (it got buried for years)

With kids you know I think we cut them a little too much slack sometimes. One time when I was truly tired of loosing my cool ..... and behaving in ways I was not proud of......I just stopped and told them to knock off the s*&%!! I very calmly explained to them that if they wanted to engage in conversation with me they needed to be respectful and civil. That was the minimum requirement.

Our kids know how to push our buttons.....I just don't allow mine to do it any more. Sometimes this requires my walking away from a conversation but I do it. I don't do it for them....I do it for me!!

Funny thing....even with all of the stress and junk my kids and I have been dealing with it has been a long long time since any of us has lost our temper or picked a fight. Amazing really! Not that we agree all of the time and not that we haven't had disagreements - but we have learned to respect each other even when we aren't liking each other very much.

Now.....I do know that that can change in a heart beat. But I like where it is at the moment but boy was it a rough ride getting there! (Guess that makes me a grown up in a way doesn't it ..... LOL)

Hang in there....you strike me as the most wonderfully kind person. So while you work through this I will like you for the both of us until you get back to liking yourself as you deserve!

By the way.....what is a rose bead????
Old 08-07-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

TOD: Yeah...insurance and tree removal.....not a good topic of conversation for me......mine covers very very little. I will look into it again for this one because it is going to be very expensive.

I would actually get more of a benefit if the tree fell over onto a car rather than being proactive and taking it out before it causes problems. Go figure!

Last time I talked to the company I ended up being very snarky and asking them if they could give me a comparative analysis of my benefit if the tree fell on a car vs a person..........

Sigh....needless to say my attitude got me nowhere....hopefully they have had some employee turn over since then......

Hey...maybe you guys should build a big shed/barn for Jethro to keep all of his toys in! He might enjoy building it and then you could shut all of it behind doors.........