Old 08-15-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

naptime
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1050699.jpg (93.2 KB, 28 views)
Old 08-15-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

((((TPA)))) So sorry to hear about the bad news. I'm glad youre enjoying "Black Out" and hope you'll like the second volume as well. Connie Wills just rocks! she has some collections of short stories and another time travel to WW2 London titled " Firestorm" I think. About St Paul's cathedral during the Blitz. Just know I'm sending my best thoughts and love for you and Hazel. I think Hazels legacy of love and her mission is you. When she has to return to base, be her Job Well Done. Shine for her. I hope this makes sense, I know my philosophy is a little different but it's been shaped, I think, by the many experiences I've had.

I feel so blessed to have a Hen House full of lovely and loving folks. I keep you all in my thoughts daily. I am feeling a bit better. But then I've been sitting in a hotel room for two days with limited contact with other people. LOL I think I've decompressed a bit. did have a hilarious text exchange with one of my besties. She said something so outrageously funny and out of character, I nearly fell out! I'm not exactly sure what it means and can't repeat it in public but I very nearly fell out of my clogs!

seems the weather has settled a bit. my hotel room air con has two settings: arctic blast or off. LOL. be grateful in all things.

much love to all my hennies and roosters. oh, ((((TB))) Thanks for the video. I needed the giggles.

Lenina
Old 08-15-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

(((chicory))). oh so sweet!! I had some pet Rabbits many years ago. They are so cute once they get their fur. I hope Rescue can take them.

much love my darling!

Lenina
Old 08-15-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((TPA))) My thoughts and prayers going out to you and Hazel. I’m so sorry to hear of the news you received and the sad news of your angel Hazel. I’ve learned when things are difficult and don’t look like they are going my way, that’s when it’s the easiest to lose my joy, vision, and enthusiasm, to believe that things will never get any better. But during those challenging times in life, I have to learn to do just the opposite. Right in the midst of the adversity, that’s the time more than ever to expect a flood of miracles, a flood of healing, a flood of vindication, a flood of protection to come through for me. And I truly believe it can for you too.

Much love
TB
Old 08-15-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

(((Lenina))) Glad to hear you and the rest of the hen house love the video. I’m still cracking up watching it over and over.

Much love
TB
Old 08-15-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Just sayin

Just sayin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
educate your child.jpg (25.4 KB, 30 views)
Old 08-15-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

i'm sorry TB....i thought you were *spoofing* everyone! that is a real video??? of your neighbor??? sigh, only in NJ....
Old 08-15-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

((TPA)) I am sorry to hear about the news you received and the continued struggles for Hazel. Through it all you seem to keep your center and balance very well. Continue to take care of yourself - amazing things can and do happen in life if we keep showing up! Loved TB's take on it.....I personally think most all of life is a miracle.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:13 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Chicory: Oh my that bunny is so tiny! I am glad he made it through the night - but really you had him set up there better than he is every going to have it again. You just happened to have that little nest available. Wow.

Tbeit: I love your attitude about parenting and your observations about your son. He is certainly lucky to have you! My son would love to be 6'3"!!! He has this theory that tall people are more respected and more successful than short people.....gets him to stand up straight (he's almost 6'). It's funny my son was always thinner than the other guys which bothered him in high school. I think that everyone thinks they need to improve something!

Lenina: Glad you are feeling better! Isn't the AC in all hotel rooms like that? One of personal pet peeves about traveling. I love that you keep recommending books on here....I have my Lenina reading list going. Someone recommended The Hare with the Amber Eyes to me the other day - I haven't started it yet but will let you know. Just in case you are holed up and need another book. Totally with you on the being grateful. I have "restarted" my gratitude journal - always feel better when I start my day by listing what I am grateful for. Such a simple thing to do but so powerful.....people I've met on HH were on my list this morning.

TB: gotta admit I watched the video a couple of times....it is really funny!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:32 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

((((Cangel))). Oh a gratitude list is very helpful to me! My sponsor used to make me write out 10 things daily that I was grateful for, no negativity, like I'm grateful to not live on he streets had to be I'm grateful I have a home. Just little shifts like that helped.

I think we do get into habits of mind. I also think we attract what we send out. I find that when I activity look for things that are good in my life, my life gets better. also, I'll notice things that are good! I'll notice opportunities to smile. I quit finding faults in others and see their better sides. and I present my better side!

I do read a lot! I have chronic insomnia and jet lag so I have lots of time on my hands, I'll read all kinds of things. I love science fiction and historical fiction as well as histories and biographies. I read a couple of newspapers daily and many periodicals. I love getting suggestions so please if you have anything you particularly enjoyed, let me know!

I'd love to work in a bookstore someday. But I don't see it happening, sadly. I love my work but wish I didn't have to be on the road so much. I'm seriously needing a good slug of time off, away from it all.

I'm going to try and take a nap. I'm in serious sleep deficit now. I took a walk earlier and got some apples. And that chicken sandwich I like. and some corn chips. I figured I'd better eat some while I can still afford corn products! LOL

Much love from Lenina
Old 08-15-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

(((Fandy))) He is not my real neighbor, it’s a video from you tube. Someone that loud and obnoxious would have been kick out of the campground long time ago. I just have a crazy imagination and humor. Hang around the Hen House long enough and you will see what I mean..lol

This campground has constant year around visitors that come from all over the state including Canada with there families including children of all ages. As I write this post right outside of my RV in the basketball pool area are two outside summer school camps of around forty children enjoying the amenities the campground has to offer.

The campground has over two dozen rules and regulation that one has to obey with. It is stated clearly in the rules, no drinking of alcohol off your camp site, any disorderly conduct will be dealt with accordantly, no loud music or parties on your site without the consent of management, and of course be respectable to thy neighbor. These are just a few of the rules. The campground has 24 hour security driving around assuring the rules and regulation are kept.

Hey, the campground is a business, got to keep the rif raf out and keep it clean and inviting for future campers if you want to stay in business. I been living here since 2006 and I have no complaints. So far..lol

Much love
TB
Old 08-15-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Fandy's face is red....i thought i saw this guy at Shop-Rite...
Old 08-15-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

(((Lenina))) You are so right!!!! I have found myself sliding into a slump over the last week. I think it was a result of finishing up all the insane activity around getting my daughter moved and set up to start school. Then things went back to normal and I was left to focus on just me. Man that can be tough sometimes......

I woke up this morning and started having a mood argument with myself first thing....then I just realized how ridiculous I was being. Curled up in bed with my snoring little kitty, safe, warm, food in the fridge, sun's out.......realized I needed to do something and grabbed my journal and wrote....I am thankful my eyes are open and that I have coffee beans for expresso in the kitchen! Then the list went on from there.....

I also read alot. Not science fiction so much but definitely Historical Fiction and Biographies. Well....and history in general. I also like autobiography and memoir writing. Oh....I guess I am game for almost anything except financial stuff. So I will let you in on a few things I enjoyed that I have just finished. John Adams by David McCullough (love his stuff), The Places In Between by Rory Steward, The Art of Intelligence by Henry Crumpton. I have also finished two books by two ordinary guys who transformed themselves into Triathletes: Can't Swim, Can't Ride, Can't Run: From Common Man to Ironman and Finding Ultra: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World's Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself.

Enjoy your nap! So funny about the corn chips....I was thinking the other day that if the corn shortage increases the cost of fructose that might be a good thing for our health in general. Sadly.....probably won't go that way......
Old 08-15-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cangel2 View Post
TB: gotta admit I watched the video a couple of times....it is really funny!
I love the music too, but do you know what’s even funnier, I just read where the video was made. In a RV park on top of some mountain in Arkansas..lol. I can’t wait for Sarge to wake up and read this…lol.

One more time..lol.

Sarge is going to kill me..lol.

Love ya
TB
Old 08-15-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Resident Alien

Hey guys... sorry I troll this thread a lot but rarely have much to say. My wife just called me at work to tell me both kids are sick. Tomorrow we will all be sick. Do I even want to go home? lol
Old 08-15-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Here is the original video. Brooks & Dunn - Boot Scootin' Boogie

TB
Old 08-15-2012, 12:26 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

The only thing that would have made this better is if he had a big old beer belly....
Old 08-15-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

(((dragonfire613))) Welcome to the Hen House.

Peace and love
TB
Old 08-15-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

TB.....AR - really!!! This is going to be fun. You know the thing I was wondering about was the cigarette - no way was it lit right? And then dancing with the chair was priceless.....ok ok.....going to watch it again now......

Dragonfire: Pick up some vitamin C on your way home! I remember those days....tough.....
Old 08-15-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Fandy's face is red....i thought i saw this guy at Shop-Rite...
Don’t feel bad, I thought I saw him in Walmark, with the same pair of shorts on…lol

TB