Notices

MrPhreez's Recovery progress!

Old 04-18-2009, 12:59 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Approved!

Just letting everyone know i got approved for the "suboxone assistance program" there sending a year worth of suboxone to my doctors office!~ oh by the way if anyone possably knows what happened to me!(read my post above) please let me know!~ i wont know for sure untill april 23rd!
Thanks again! Bye everyone stay safe and stay sober!~

ive never been happier!
Old 04-18-2009, 01:44 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Phreez
While I had been on a binge before recovery...I was driving down the hwy smoking coke.
What you describe sounds very similar to what happened to me. I was told later in rehab that I was overdosing and mostly was "stroking out". I couldn't lift my right leg to put on the brake and I was blacking out. I'm lucky as hell to have survived.

But do you know that i was so sick, that after I finally got home I continued to smoke?
That was several months before going to rehab and just thinking about it now makes me physically sick.

Congrats on your sub!

Penny
Old 04-20-2009, 12:42 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

almost a month clean!~

hello everyone im almost ready to celabrate my one month of soberity im so pleased with my treatment!~ i started taking suboxone march 23rd......... march 22nd i used my last time! i still remember pulling up to the doctor office thinking i was going to fail...(as far as staying sober) and to my suprise ive done it! i will always have my addiciton, but i belive i had a spiritual awakening so i know this time is different!~i will say without the help from suboxone i dont think i would of made it!~ also this site and the community here has really helped me the fellowship of the na meetings as well as aa has helped so much i cant even explain!~ so i thank everyone here who has followed my soberity you know who you are!~ as far as a update!~ here it is.....everything is going normal still on my suboxone,clonidine,proprandolol,and amitriptyline...still loving life and still sober!~ i just got home from work and being out of town so glad to e home!~ just wanted to let everyone know im back and would love to hear from some friends talk to ya guys soon and stay sober and focused on better dayz!~

tony
aka mrphreez
Old 04-20-2009, 01:24 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Wink

Originally Posted by change4penny View Post
Phreez
While I had been on a binge before recovery...I was driving down the hwy smoking coke.
What you describe sounds very similar to what happened to me. I was told later in rehab that I was overdosing and mostly was "stroking out". I couldn't lift my right leg to put on the brake and I was blacking out. I'm lucky as hell to have survived.
hmmmmmmmmmmm i do have some questions penny pm me when you can! thanks hope to hear from ya soon!~
Old 04-20-2009, 04:13 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Question

Originally Posted by christin1225 View Post
hey tony!

So sorry that i've not been posting. I've done limited posting (explained on another thread of yours). This tapering from the suboxone is not easy. I'm so tired so much of the time. It's a debilitating kind of fatigue. Although i'm told that i'm not the majority, there are others who have had similar experiences tapering off. I'm so glad because i was beginning to think that i was just crazy! I'm tracking it all on my blog.

You sound as though you're still doing extremely well. I'm so pleased for you!! As far as the taste of the sub... Believe it or not, when i first took it, it reminded me of one of my favorite ways to take my oxys warning: Stupid drug using technique to follow!!!! I would crush a bunch and mix with a shot of diet v-8 splash. I loved it and that's what the sub reminded me of -- the first couple times that i took it, that is. After about a week, i thought that i would vomit if i had to continue taking it. But, it got better as time went on. I guess that if our palates can get used to spinach and brussel sprouts (though i love both of them ), they can get used to anything.

So.. What's april 23rd? Your next doctor's visit? I wish that i could get my suboxone doctor to talk with me. I've been trying to call another one, hoping to find one who will interact with his patients. But, the doctor hasn't called back. I guess that isn't a very good sign, is it? Duh, christin! I guess that my only solution is to get off the blasted stuff so that i don't have to rely on this doctor.

Sorry... Not gonna turn your thread into a gripe session about my doctor. Keep up the good work, tony! Your enthusiasm has brightened my day!

christian there you are!~
AGAIN WITH MORE GREAT ADVICE
IVE BEEN OUT OF TOWN WORKING
IM STILL HANGING IN THERE
PM ME SOON IM HOME NOW
UNTILL NEXT TIME...
YOUR IT!~
Ha ha ha
Old 04-20-2009, 04:52 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Tony,

As always, your enthusiasm is inspirational to read! Congratulations on the Suboxone program!!!! That's awesome! They don't cover doctor visits do they? I did get an appointment with the other doctor, but not until May 14 and there's no guarantee that he'll accept me as a patient.

I'm at 8mg day and although I would love to taper lower, am finding that I'm easily triggered right now. I tried to read Whiskerkissed thread and couldn't. I'm glad that I lasted long enough to read that she hadn't relapsed.

I read about your incident in the car. I didn't post becaue I was in a hurry and had no idea what had (and still was) happening to you. I did pray for you, however.

Keep up your good work You always make me smile
Old 04-20-2009, 06:34 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by christin1225 View Post
Tony,

As always, your enthusiasm is inspirational to read! Congratulations on the Suboxone program!!!! That's awesome! They don't cover doctor visits do they? I did get an appointment with the other doctor, but not until May 14 and there's no guarantee that he'll accept me as a patient.

I'm at 8mg day and although I would love to taper lower, am finding that I'm easily triggered right now. I tried to read Whiskerkissed thread and couldn't. I'm glad that I lasted long enough to read that she hadn't relapsed.

I read about your incident in the car. I didn't post becaue I was in a hurry and had no idea what had (and still was) happening to you. I did pray for you, however.

Keep up your good work You always make me smile
THANKS SO MUCH!~ I WILL FIND OUT MORE APRIL 23RD CHRISTAIN!~ MY ARM IS MUCH BETTER!~ ABOUT THE NEW DOCTOR APPOINMENT ON MAY 14TH I HOPE THEY ACCEPT YOU.....THANKS AGAIN FOR PRAYING FOR ME! TALK TO YA SOON
Old 04-21-2009, 08:34 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Cool 29 days clean!~

hello everyone its my day off!~ so i thought i would let everyone know im home!~ everything is going great, today im going to get somethings done around the house and the yard!~ i havent been home for over a week!` it still is so amazing to see how far ive came, i almost cant belive that ive been clean this long, ive had alot people praying for me and ive had a unbelievable amount of motavation!~ plus this community has helped me in ways i cant describe!` i think i might just stick around for a while!~ i like the other side of the road so to speak!~ lol suboxone has had a big role in my sobrity,but without meetings and friends and motavation i would not of succeded!~for anyone who wants to quit using or is thinking of suboxone treatment pm me!~maybe i can help!~ to all my friends on here i do want to say thank you for all the support and positive advice you have gave me!~ 29 days clean,or should i say 29 days of my new life!~im so excited to live a normal life, if i could give any advice with suboxone treatment....YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE RIGHT DOCTOR,ONE WHO WILL INTERACT WITH YOU!~ THATS IT FOR NOW I WILL UPDATE TONIGHT!` everything is going normal nothing has changed!@` april 23rd is when i go to the doctor!~ i wonder if anything will change then? untill next time.....

stay positive and focused on better dayz!~

tony
aka mrphreez

Last edited by MRPHREEZ; 04-21-2009 at 08:37 AM. Reason: spelling!~
Old 04-21-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Wow..that is a awesome testitmany brother!!! Sooooo glad yo uaer finding your way..
love north
Old 04-23-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Arrow 30 days clean

today i seen my doctor everything went great....he gave me the same meds..
suboxone,clonidine,proprandolol,amitriptyiline,as for as the tapering off of suboxone he and i thinks im not ready yet!~ i hope everyone is fine i havent heard from anyone for a while!~ I would like TO hear from you guys...leave replys so i know everyone is ok! my life is now clean and sober i look at things so differenent! ive wasted so many years, but now i feel like its time i make up for all the wasted years, suboxone was my "bonus" i had the rest under control i was so ready to get clean i could taste it!~ ive came a long way from where i was,you know now i think so clear i worry about my health my future, before sobrity, i never thought long term i always lived in the moment~ well folks hope to hear from you guys!~ i need your replys so hit mrphreez back!~ I MADE THE 30 DAYS CLEAN!` NOW I WANT 30 MORE!~

tony
aka mrphreez
Old 04-23-2009, 02:43 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey sweetie, congrats on your 30 days! I'm so proud of you. You're such an inspiration to me. You just keep focused and before you know it, you be coming up on 6 months and then a year!
I'm so happy for you.

Love ya,

Penny
Old 04-25-2009, 10:23 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Arrow

well penny your the only one who has left me a comment! lol i must have done something? oh well your always there for me!~ i do wanna thank you i need to talk to someone right now~! i need fellowship....below i wanna ask a question. *PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK*

WHEN I SEEN MY DOCTOR APRIL 23RD HE GAVE ME XANAX 2MG WITH MY SUBOXONE????(WTF I THOUGHT BENZOS WASENT SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN
WITH SUBOXONE! (HE GAVE ME XANAX FOR PANIC ATTACKS) BUT IM SO SCARED TO TAKE THEM I HEArd PEOPLE HAS DIED FROM TAKEN XANAX AND SUBOXONE? ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE NICE!~

TONY
AKA MRPHREEZ
Old 04-25-2009, 12:05 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hey sweetie, how ya doin?
I haven't heard about the combination of xanax and sub. I imagine that the doctor know what he's doing and if you take the EXACTLY as prescribed it should be fine. But, if your unsure...just call the dr.'s office and ask.
And remember...xanax can be highly addictive so be careful!
You're doin so good. Keep up the good fight!

Penny
Old 04-29-2009, 10:41 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Arrow Clean date= march 23rd!

LIFE IS SO GREAT CLEAN AND SOBER!~

THANKS PENNY FOR THE REPLY
LOL I GOTTA FIND A NEW FORUM!
LOL YOUR THE ONLY ONE WHO REPLYS LOL...
I NEED SUPPORT! IM TRYING TO FIND ONE! DO YOU KNOW OF A GOOD SUPPORT FORUM?

TONY
AKA MRPHREEZ
:ghug2
Old 04-30-2009, 03:30 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Some French tart....

Hi MRPhreez!!

Sorry, I've been waylayed recently and should have replied sooner. You are doing so well
, keep it up!!

Word of warning though - Xanax and Subs do not go together. It's a deathly combination, and one that no doctor in France will prescribe. It could lead to respiratory failure and death. Be careful, hun, be careful. I will be totally honest with you and tell you that I DID take Xanax and subs together. Thank God I'm still aliive to tell the story, but I did nearly die on the withdrawals of the Xanax. They were awful - I hallucinated, shook, sweated and didn't sleep + more. I certainly don't wish that on you, especially as you have come this far. Do you get an explanitary leaflet when you get the Xanax? If so, read it, it will say the same as I'm telling you - or, google it.There you'll find all the information.

How are you doing today? Don't give up on us, please write soon,

Tish x
Old 04-30-2009, 05:24 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

I'm not a dcotor, but I would never recommend xanax to a recovering person on suboxone, especially a prescription to be taken home.
And Tony, you may want to start a new thread if you are looking for support. Your original thread has generally been you "checking in". This is a new issue for you. Just a suggestion.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hey Phreez...Just wanting to check in on you. Hope you're doing o.k. I haven't been posting as much as usual. It's spring and I've been spending a lot of time on my yard.
I'm sure there are other forums, but don't forget about me! LOL
Hope your doing good. Did you find out anything about the sub/xanax combination?
Here's my opinion on it....I wouldn't take them together. Plus, the worry that it's causing you is counter-productive.
Hope you have a good day!

Penny
Old 04-30-2009, 06:40 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MRPHREEZ View Post
well penny your the only one who has left me a comment! lol i must have done something?
Tony, no sweetie, you haven't done "something". Just realize that many of us are addicts who are still rather screwed up! I'm looking at the date of this post and I think is was during the time when I spent hours crying, emailing my sponsor, and sending her a call. Struggling with stuff that Sub just doesn't magically make go away. So, my friend, I hope that you understand that it isn't YOU; it's US (well, ME anyway).

i need fellowship....below i wanna ask a question. *PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK*
Tony, sometimes you just need to check out a few other threads and see if there's one that you can hijack for a post or two or start a specific thread on a topic as Bear suggested. (I tend to temporarily hijack, myself.)

WHEN I SEEN MY DOCTOR APRIL 23RD HE GAVE ME XANAX 2MG WITH MY SUBOXONE????(WTF I THOUGHT BENZOS WASENT SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN
WITH SUBOXONE! (HE GAVE ME XANAX FOR PANIC ATTACKS) BUT IM SO SCARED TO TAKE THEM
I'll confess that I giggled just a little, being prescribed something for panic attacks that you're scared to take. I've heard what you've heard as well. I think that your concern is (umm... sorry, was) warranted. What did you do? I didn't realize that you were having such a time with panic attacks. I get anxiety issues with tapering mostly. It's tolerable though. I hope that it remains that way.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:08 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Arrow 39 days without oxy! That meens 39 days clean!

CLEAN DATE:MARCH 23rd 2009

Hello everyone
thanks for the replys.....about this xanax/sub combination i called my doctor and he hasent returned my call!~ i havent been taking them on a regular basis only when i have panic attacks......but i do agree with everyone they dont mix!~ ive did research and im kinda confused why he gave me the 2 with all the negative issues with the 2? he should call today!

as far as giving up on you penny i would NEVER DO THAT! And tish i wanna know how your doing? And christian havent heard from ya for a while, im sorry your having a hard time!~ i will pray for you!~ YOU CAN DO IT! stay in touch christian!` and i do have to say I do agree with you bear! (About the new thread!) thanks for the suggestion bear!... ive had a few issues with you in the past! but i will say what you say makes alot of sinse! and i agree with alot of your posts!~(just thought i would let you know) thanks for everyones comments! just wanted to say your all great!

As for me im doing great (about the xanax) i was prescribed 30 i have only took 2 and im not taking anymore!` im down to... 2 8mg suboxone a day!~ (was on 3 a day) next month my doctor says (if im ready) i would go down to 1 and a half a day....well see!...

hmmmmm everything is going great with me! Im still motavated and still taking it "one day at a time" i go to 4 meetings a week (mostly na) and i will say folks..... YOU HAVE TO GO TO MEETINGS IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE TO STAY SOBER! (IN MY OPINION) And have support from friends and family (you may have to make new friends) oh i do have a sponser now!~ so far we just talk on the phone everyday!~ but we do have some plans to do some fishing as well..all im saying folks is you have to be around sober people to stay sober!(in my opinon)

ive never felt better! sometimes i just wanna yell....IM CLEAN AND SOBER!~ lol folks i was just tired of being tired! and i was ready! as for my prescriptions there all the same (other than the xanax) nothings new other than im home! ( i was out of town for a while working) well im going to go now... going to do some yard work, just bought 30 bags of mulch and got some stones to make a sitting area!~ will let everyone know how it goes!~

tony
aka mrphreez
Old 05-01-2009, 10:54 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Phreez, I'm so happy to hear you're doing so well. I'll say it again...you inspire me. I'm so proud of you. I've also been doing a lot of yard work. Been spending a lot of time outside. That's a big difference in itself for me...........I used to spend all of my time indoors getting high.
I'm also hitting Home Depot tomorrow to pick up some mulch and pine needles. I'm going to plant a sobriety tree, probably a Japanese maple.
Well gotta go for now and prep the spot where I'm laying the mulch.
Have a great day!

Love ya, mean it!

Penny