Notices

MrPhreez's Recovery progress!

Old 05-01-2009, 07:02 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MRPHREEZ View Post
And christian havent heard from ya for a while, im sorry your having a hard time!~ i will pray for you!~ YOU CAN DO
Thanks, Tony.

going to do some yard work, just bought 30 bags of mulch and got some stones to make a sitting area!~ will let everyone know how it goes!~
Sounds like a great project. How about posting a pic when it's done?
Old 05-09-2009, 11:56 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Do or do not. There is no try.

sup phreeze!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 04:09 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tryin2Recover View Post
sup phreeze!!!
Thanks T2R, I got up in the middle of the night, posted something on Sr and, while posting, I wondered about Tony because he hasn't posted in a while. But, I was so tired by the time that I finished he reply, I forgot that I had wanted to post on Tony's thread. So, I guess that it's true: great minds do think alike.

((Tony))
My sick addict-brain has been giving me a hellish time lately. But, as I just told T2R, I was wondering about you early this morning (3:00 to be exact). How are you? When you get a chance would you please let us know? :ghug3
Old 05-17-2009, 09:58 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Thumbs up

hello everyone figured id update before i go to bed.....
im doing well (the best i can be) i have a doctor appoitment the 21st of this month......i want to try to taper down my sub....will know more later just thought i would keep this thread going i need the everyday support!` i use to love to get on here and post my progress..........i dont know what it is but i dont look forward to it like i use to?.........will update in the morning more!`

tony
aka mrphreez
Old 05-18-2009, 03:28 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Only a little time to reply, Tony. Glad that you're posting again. The recovery process can be just as much of a rollercoaster as active addiction. Just hang on tight. OK? There are many, many people who promise that it just keeps getting better.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:55 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Wink still kickin....still sober!

hello everyone just gonna post some news and update my treatment....
im still on suboxone im on 2 8mg a day and still clean from oxy!~ i was a iv user so im proud of my progress.....i havent stuck a needle in my arm for over a month and thats all because "I WANTED TO STOP"....FOLKS YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE DESIRE TO STOP USING!~.......I STRUGGLE EVERYDAY but i stay sober for many reasons... mainly because "i WANT IT" my doctor is amazing without him and help from friends I WOULD OF NEVER MADE IT! ok enough with that no news i guess! (no news is good news lol)......im off for a 3 day weekend no work on saturday....lol im so excited i havent been off for a saturday for a long time so im up late lol will update later just wanted to let everyone know where i was in my progress....still kickin......

hope everyone has a great weekend

if i dont talk to ya be safe and stay sober..

tony
aka mrphreez
Old 05-23-2009, 06:10 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Talking just a update

Recently I relapsed (not from oxy) ......I am ashamed to admit a couple weeks ago I started drinking alcohol and ended up going on a "binge" that lasted about a 3 DAYS! I missed 2 days of work & Was M.I.A! I Finally called my sponser/family and after getting "chewed out" my sponser and I met for breakfest....i explained my situation and we went from there..so i guess my new clean date is may12th 2009! My job is still there thank god! my boss is very understanding but i make him lot's of money! so he has to be! lol

Im glad i did not use oxy! everyone else was as well... but i know i dont wanna start drinking again either! if i would ever start drinking again i would end up in prison! Im just glad nothing bad happened! i diddent have any "BLACK-OUTS" and like i said no one got hurt! it was more of a deep depression and i must say im glad i dident turn to oxy to numb the pain! it would of been so easy to go use .....but i havent came all this way for nothing!

Friends i went from shooting up 5 to 8 40mg OxyContin a day and was for over 6 months! That is what brought me to treatment! I wanted to stop using! I was ready!~ OxyContin "put me in my place" SO to speak...... no other substance ever "took control" of my life like Oxy! my oxy clean date is still march 23rd 2009! When i came on this site i diddent seek help for my drinking...i seeked help with my Opiate addiction and i feel ive came a long way since then I'm not justifying my drinking i know i cant drink!...... as of now i go to meetings everyday and im enjoying my work! i see my sponser daily! everything is back to normal last week i went to a awsome NA meeting/campout Im learning more everyday about Sobriety....im fine and back on track! check for my new thread!

tony
aka:mrphreez
Old 05-23-2009, 08:23 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Recently I relapsed (not from oxy) ......I am ashamed to admit a couple weeks ago I started drinking alcohol and ended up going on a "binge" that lasted about a 3 DAYS! so i guess my new clean date is may12th 2009!

Im glad i did not use oxy! everyone else was as well... it would of been so easy to go use .....but i havent came all this way for nothing!
Tony,
I can't tell you how burdened I felt when it really hit home that to be clean and sober meant that I would have NO way to numb, not even alcohol. Not too long ago, I sat at an NA meeting and listened to a young woman come to terms with being clean from H for two years and then having to change her clean date because she went out and got drunk one night. I'm not schooled enough in the ways of NA to know whether or not this is the norm, but I see her example as worthy of imitation.

I recall scouring the house a week or so after starting Sub in order to find SOMETHING, my God, ANYTHING to relieve the most unrelenting and horribly nagging desire to get high because I knew that in spite of a bottle of oxys on my dresser, I was too filled with Suboxone to get any desired effect. My younger days with easy-to-get-glues came to mind and I was eyeballing the nailpolish remover. Then there were days when all I wanted was the comfort that I remember getting from my oxys and you could have put anything else in front of me and I wouldn't have had any desire to touch it. While on the Suboxone and continuing to today, I have a definite renewed interest in alcohol. Just the other morning, while on the way to my morning AA meeting, I thought, "Geez, I would really love a drink right now." Tony, it wasn't even 7:30 in the morning yet!! Drinking has gotten me into personal trouble in the past (never legal or anything like that), but enough that I know that it is a problem for me. Still, it wasn't what brought me to my knees, so to speak. It's a loaded gun, however, and can be very convenient (and even legal) when our addiction nags to be sated.

Thanks for sharing your experience. The more I hear, the more I become convinced and I need that. Oh and BTW... I, too, am so glad that you didn't use oxy.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Originally Posted by christin1225 View Post
Tony,
I, too, am so glad that you didn't use oxy.

errrrrr me too christin!
me too! your it
lol
Old 05-23-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Still Learning..

Hello MRPHREEZ

I just joined the site last night and came across your thread and can relate in many ways..

I am a heroin user ( well x now) and I just started suboxone..I have been clean for 3 weeks now and I feel that the sub's help me so much.. I know alot of people out there don't think its a good idea to be put on sub's but if it wasn't for them I would be out there using... I was not a iv user I snorted it but I have been using H for 2 years and I have been addicited to opiates for 5 years..The cravings are unbearable and this s**t really talks to me.

I am 23 now and I know this isn't the life for me.. I want to stay clean but I do have a fear of relapsing.. I started attending meetings too... but need to look more into it.. down over here its mostly aa's and I am trying to look for a good na so I can get a sponser.... as far as you relapsing atleast you admitted it and now you can go back and look at what brought you to relapse and try to change it before it happens again..

maybe you can hold off on the tapering of subs..the more you go down the more cravings for something come back? I don't know I am fairly new so my advice probably won't be much good.. just wanted to say I related to you very much so..and congrats on not using oxy's for over a month.. although drinking is no better either.. not using your doc is something you should be proud of.. kickin my H habit I feel is the hardest thing I ever had to give up..But today I am feeling good and I am proud of myself.. but you can only take it one day at a time..

look forward to hearing from you again.. good luck and stay sober!
Old 05-23-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Exclamation

Originally Posted by miamary05 View Post

I started attending meetings too... but need to look more into it..
welcome to the community I admire you for confronting your habit and taking the next step! your 3 weeks clean you should be proud of yourself! you may have to look around and go to a few aa meetings to find the right one! youll know when that happenes! then a sponser will fall into place! mary I like your Enthusiasm And willingness....I can sinse that you have a big heart and your a kind person as well! I relate to you...

suboxone was a major help for me!~ without it i may not of made it! it was just that extra boost! im still on sub and have been since march 23rd 2009 im on a few other meds too so lets stay in touch so we can talk more im interested in your recovery!~ maybe start a new thread just for your recovery? just a thought! the smartest thing you could do now is go to meetings! is NA available? if not AA has to do! i use to hate when people would say..."go to meetings" lol but now i understand...it works!

thx for the advice new or not i relate to what you said and welcome to the bourd's keep posting and stay in touch!

tony
:ghug
Old 05-23-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

tony, no sweetie, you haven't done "something". Just realize that many of us are addicts who are still rather screwed up! I'm looking at the date of this post and i think is was during the time when i spent hours crying, emailing my sponsor, and sending her a call. Struggling with stuff that sub just doesn't magically make go away. So, my friend, i hope that you understand that it isn't you; it's us (well, me anyway).

tony, sometimes you just need to check out a few other threads and see if there's one that you can hijack for a post or two or start a specific thread on a topic as bear suggested. (i tend to temporarily hijack, myself.)

i'll confess that i giggled just a little, being prescribed something for panic attacks that you're scared to take. i've heard what you've heard as well. I think that your concern is (umm... Sorry, was) warranted. What did you do? I didn't realize that you were having such a time with panic attacks. I get anxiety issues with tapering mostly. It's tolerable though. I hope that it remains that way.
wow! I was just going back through some of my replys and came across this one! Talk about a supporting friend! Thanks christin for all your kind advice!
Old 05-24-2009, 01:00 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Still Learning..

Hey Tony
Thanks for the welcome!

I have found a na meeting that I will be attending soon it is about 30 mins away but they have one everyday so I am making plans to attend this week.. I know I can not stay sober by myself so the meetings will be a big help.. hopefully a sponsor will be next... and I must say sr boards are helping as well.. I really enjoy hearing about what others are goin thru.. I am following this thread too to see how your progress is going.. keep up the good work! .. starting a new thread for myself sounds good.. that will be on its way.

I started my suboxones 4 days ago.. I went thru the worst withdrawals at home. I didn't think I would make it an it lasted for about 2 weeks.. Once I wasn't phiscally sick I had to deal with the mental part of it and I just could not do that on my own.. the cravings and the fact that I was going crazy really got to me. So I went to get help and asked for suboxones. I feel like they are really saving me right now.. I don't have the cravings and I can go on with my day without thinking about getting high or being mentally weak to where I did not want to do anything with myself. I know this isn't something I want to be taking forever but as of right now it works and this is the longest I have ever stood clean.. I am really surprised with my self but grateful.. I plan on going down in doses but for the time being I am happy where I am at..

I do have a couple of issues.. and that is I can not sleep! and when I finally do fall asleep I am waking up every hour.. My dr first started giving me zyprexa which is really for schizophrenia and bipolar (which is what I don't have) but said not to worry and to take one at night and I will be able to sleep and because I have anixety and depression it will help stablize my mood.. But now since I have the subs he told me to hold off on takin the zyprexa.. So I am just wondering of any good ideas for sleeping at night and staying asleep untill I see the dr again.. Also I do have anixety but I heard taking benzos and stuff like that is not a good mix with subs.. any suggestions.. I def need to get something to get my ass to sleep.. I will be starting work again and staying up all night won't really work lol.. Sorry for rambling on.. hope to hear from you or anyone that has any advice soon!

~Mia
Old 05-30-2009, 02:51 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Question .............

HELLO THERE FIGURED ID UPDATE MY THREAD....

im doing ok im still on my medsto tell you the truth i feel as if i beat my oxy addiction!i know im a addicit!But with oxy i dont think of it at all no more...the needle, the process, the whole sha-bang! it dont bother me to talk about it nor do i have any more cravings.....i do think if i ever done it again i would go over the deep end.... but as long as i dont use...im good!~ i dont think i will though! the bad over weighs the good by far... but i do have a concern.....

im scared to get addicted to suboxone....
i hate to say it but i think i should of started tapering my 2 week!~ im on my 7thth day of my taper plan!... the biggest reason im doing this is beacause i feel as if im ready!and finacally! im trying to see if i can taper myself...now im not saying my doctor only wants money!~ but hes talking like i need to be on sub for years lol give me a break! for the last 7 days ive been dosing 1 8mg sub a day and im fine!!!!! i feel great! in the last 7 days ive ate 7 sub before i was eating 2 and a half 8mg sub a day! IM NOT SAYING IM RIGHT! ITS NOT! IM GOING AGAINST DOCTORS ORDERS!~ but i feel down deep in my heart i need to taper of of these things!~ just thought id let you guys know! i need some feedback on this one folks good or bad!!1 throw it my way! i know i will have a few negative comments but ill take it! lol

tony
Old 05-30-2009, 07:26 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Tony, this is such a mixed bag... an addict manipulating his meds (opioid med, by the way) without a doctor's order. Yet, I understand it completely.

You say, "against doctor's orders". Does that mean that you're doing it without his knowledge or do you mean that you have talked with him and he has told you no and you are refusing to comply? Although your doctor wants you on it for years, you should have a weighty say in the matter. There is no reason that if you taper off and find that it was a mistake you can't be put back on a higher dose. What has your sponsor said about the matter?

I'm so glad that you posted. This morning, I was wondering about you. Now, I won't have to hunt you down.

Hugs,
Christin
Old 05-30-2009, 10:50 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

I encounter addicts almost daily that want to modify their sub dose without doctor's knowledge. IMHO, any addict monkeying with their med dosage without doctor's intervention is asking for trouble.
Second, why do you think you feel released from oxy? Could it be that the suboxone is doing it's job? Mess with it now and risk a journey back to where you were and worse.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:05 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Stagebear View Post
why do you think you feel released from oxy? Could it be that the suboxone is doing it's job? Mess with it now and risk a journey back to where you were and worse.

maybe it is doing its job!

i called my doctor today and told him what i was doing
he advised me to take 2 8mg and stay on that dose untill i see him!~
and then if i wanted to start tapering to wait
untill i see him next appoitment and well start our taper
Old 05-31-2009, 03:06 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Wink

You say, "against doctor's orders". Does that mean that you're doing it without his knowledge

I'm so glad that you posted. This morning, I was wondering about you. Now, I won't have to hunt you down.

Hugs,
Christin

as of today he knows

and im glad i posted too
wouldent wanna be hunted lol
:rotfxko
Old 05-31-2009, 04:42 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

as of today he knows
Awesome!! More details, please. OOPS!! My link didn't show me your response to StageBear. I'll read and if I have any more questions, I'll ask.

Okay... all read. I like the sound of "our" taper. Good man, Tony!

and im glad i posted too wouldent wanna be hunted lol
You are a very smart man.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:46 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Im sorry for turning this thread into "divorce advice"

Hello everyone its 1:00am i dont have to work this whole week...i have too much time on my hands this week.....im thinking of what im going to do...i might just stay around the house and watch movies and stay on the internet? Ive Been So Busy Lately Im Glad Im Off! im still on the same sub,lon,prop,amitrip ive been a little depressed latley below i would like to ask advice on something its personal....some of you wont wanna read it its
Relationship advice so to speak...will update everyday this week

Below only read if your gonna give advice...Thank You

My ex And I Have Been Split up for over a year now
and recently shes been calling me and trying to get back in my life! she's asking me to come to missouri and/or her coming to florida
i havent seen her for over a year and our break-up was awfull
she left me in houston & took my dogs...lol it was a country song lol
she told me in our driveway (IN HOUSTON)She diddent love me anymore!!!. so i said ok if that's true go...so to make a long story short i moved back to florida she moved to missouri...and now she wants to act like it never happened in a way..telling me she loves me and misses me and our talks on the phone... she lets me know that she wants to be with me! but down deep i dont think its a good idea....Like i told her tonight we dont get a do over in this life i dont want our last time talking...for there to be Hurtfull things said i think she just wants to keep me hanging just in case something dont work out...i meen she knows where i live and i have told her how ive felt many times (i think to much) if she loved me i think she would be here with me...
im going to try to be JUST friends with her...

ANY Advice
on what to do?
what should i do?
How should i handle it?
What you think would be the best for me?

oh and just recently like 2 weeks ago i told her it was better if we wouldent talk....i even told her i diddent love or want her anymore! i even hung up on her.... and diddent answer her calls for like 9 days ( i know i know but folks this women can not think i will always be here for her) out of sight out of mind it works for me! i ignored her calls i gave in and answered one time thats when she took control again.....Im dumbfounded everytime i talk to her....lol what should i do?

****Dont read if your depressed****

Ive Been Depressed This Whole Week.......
I Think Where Has The Years Went....
Im 29 And This Is Not What I Wanted Out Life....
So Much Can Happen In A Years Time.....
Its Hard To Forget