Notices

MrPhreez's Recovery progress!

Old 04-03-2009, 06:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Arrow soon to be 12 days sober/suboxone

friday night april 3rd 9:16pm

thanks ingrid! your replys are always so helpfull !and your so sweet!` i
checked out that site! (na) i will wait tO join with you!` it looks like a very cool site!~ hope all is well with you ingrid! and everyone else for that matter! havent heard from a few people thats always followed my progress....
i hope evreryone is on the "straight and narrow" drop a note and let a fellow addict" know how your doing! im kinda worried about a few people! to all those who have left comments and have been there for me thanks so much i will return the favor whenever i can!~ alot of your advice folks really helped me out!` this site is very helpfull when everyone works together! at midnight tonight i will be in DAY 12 of being sober and on suboxone!` some people may not think "your sober if your taking suboxone but let me tell you something folks...id rather eat these little orange pills than to be shooting up 3 to 6 times a day!` its a no brainer!~ im on week 2 and ive already started a taper plan.... went from taking 3 8mg suboxone a day (1 in the morning,1 at lunch,1 at bedtime) To taking 2 and a half a day (1 in the morning,a half at lunch,1 at bedtime) i know its a slow or small taper whatever you wanna call it! (he he he) but ITS WORKING SO FAR! next week (week three) my doctor and i have a GOAL! 2 8mg a day!` than week four we would try 1 and a half a day!~ my docor says it may not be a succses the first time we try to taper!~ but we will get a idea of where we are!` i know for a fact that i will know if im ready!~ well all i know folks is i have my life back!~ and ive missed it! for too many years only one footprint was in the sand...... now i have 2 with me!~ suboxone has alot to do with my Sobriety!~ and so does my willpower and dedacation to stop using and being a "junkie!A~ but i do know without the lord i would of never made it!~ well thats all for now hope all is w2ell with everyone like i said in a previous post......." i write these posts for my own benifit! it helps me with my Sobriety! BUT i hope maybe my story will help someone!~ and i need to talk to sober people as well!~ thanks again ingrid for being there for me, and not missing a beat! you always respond to all my posts!~ goodnight everyone! gotta get up at 7:00am work early than off on sunday and monday!~

stay sober and focused on better days

tony
(aka)mrpHreez
:ghug
Old 04-03-2009, 07:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Tony, I'm so happy for you. And thank you so much for posting such a positive message concerning suboxone. I've six months clean, ( yes clean) from abusing pills and cocaine for over 10 years. I'm also on sub. I don't abuse it, I take it as prescribed. It has truly helped me achieve my goal of recovery along with the support of this site, na meetings and the will and desire to stay clean.
Sounds like it working the same for you.
Keep on keeping on! I'm so proud of your progress!

Penny
Old 04-05-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Exclamation Sunday april 5th! 13 days clean!~

13 days clean with no oxy! i never thought i would be able to do it!~ nothing really has changed as everyone knew im at 2 and a half sub,s a day now so begining monday april 6th im going to try to do 2 8 mg sub,s a day! i think i can do it! just hope im not tapering too soon!~

tonjy
aka mrphreez
Old 04-05-2009, 06:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MRPHREEZ View Post
13 days clean with no oxy! i never thought i would be able to do it!~ nothing really has changed as everyone knew im at 2 and a half sub,s a day now so begining monday april 6th im going to try to do 2 8 mg sub,s a day! i think i can do it! just hope im not tapering too soon!~
tonjy
aka mrphreez
Tony,

Is your doctor working with you on your taper program? You do want to make sure not to taper too quickly, but you don't want to stay on them longer than necessary. And in response to a comment that you made on an earlier post, if you take Suboxone long enough, like with any opioid, you will become physically dependent on them.

I've been on Suboxone since 2/11 and, when skipping a dose, have even experienced withdrawal symptoms. It's very uncommon, but I'm here on your thread to tell you that it can happen (unless you prefer that I don't).

I attended IOP with another girl who had similar experiences. But, as I said, it appears to be very uncommon. Likewise, I've been experiencing mild w/d symptoms, which is uncommon when tapering at high doses.

If you're interested in learning a little about my recent experience, I suggest that you read my Sub-way entry on my blog. I remind you that it's just my experience and that many people on several forums have assured me that when it comes to Suboxone, people tend to respond very differently. I'm finally communicating with someone who acknowledges that what I am experiencing could possibly happen. Of course, I'm grateful for the validation because I was beginning to feel crazy, even though I wanted to respond, "Of course it's possible!!! I KNOW that! I'm living it!!

On a purely positive note, I've tapered from 12mg to 10mg this past week (finally awake today!!) and for the first time have not had to increase my dose due to cravings or anxiety. I'm sooooo hoping that I'm finally on my way off.

You're doing great! Your attitude toward recovery has been wonderful!

(PS... I too feel a need for NA meetings but absolutely love my morning AA meeting!)
Old 04-06-2009, 04:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Question 13 day clean!~ no oxy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

april 6th 7:57am

thanks christian!~ my doctor is working with me i talk to him daily!~ this week is my first week of 2 8mg suboxone a day! the past week i was on 2 and a half suboxone a day!` i will let everyone know how this week goes!~ i feel like im ready to taper down!~ i may have to be on 2 mg a day for a couple of weeks!~

tony
aka mrphreez
Old 04-06-2009, 09:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Arrow April 6th 12:01pm

HELLO ALL JUST WAS LETTING YOU GUYS KNOW THAT I JUST GOT A PHONE CALL FROM MY DOCTOR! HE WAS JUST CALLING TO SEE HOW I WAS DOING! AND CHECKING IN ON OUR TAPER PLAN!` TODAY WAS THE FIRST DAY I WOULD BE ON 2 8MG SUB A DAY! HE WAS SEEING IF I FELT LIKE I WAS READY!~ I JUST THOUGHT THIS WAS SO NICE OF HIM TO CHECK ON ME! TO TAKE TIME OUT OF HIS BUSY DAY! I SEE HIM APRIL 23RD! SO I HAVE A COUPLE WEEKS TO GO! HE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE WISE TO STAY ON 2 8MG A DAY UNTILL I SEE HIM ON THE 23RD! BUT I FEEL LIKE NEXT WEEK I COULD GO DOWN TO 1 AND A HALF 8 MG A DAY! BUT THE DOC'S ORDERS SAYS OTHERWISE! JUST WAS GIVING YOU GUYS A UPDATE!~ WILL POST TONIGHT TO LET EVERYONE HOW MY DAY WENT!~

DOES ANYONE ELSE GET PHONE CALLS FROM THERE DOCTOR'S?

OVERALL I FEEL GREAT!
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP
I'm that much closer to my new LIFE!
:praying

TONY
AKA MRPHREEZ
:ghug3

Last edited by MRPHREEZ; 04-06-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:42 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Going to a na meeting!

April 6th 4:48pm

getting ready to go to a na meeting!~
KIND OF EXCITED CAUSE I HAVENT BEEN TO THIS ONE BEFORE!
i have been hunting around trying to find the right one!
hope this is it! will let you know how it goes! i found a great
aa meeting! but i need a good na meeting so i figured
id give this one a shot! PLUS THE AA MEETING I GO TO
IS ONLY ON FRIDAYS!~ I NEED ONE EVERYDAY!
Old 04-06-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

DOES ANYONE ELSE GET PHONE CALLS FROM THERE DOCTOR'S?
Mine barely has enough time to give me more than ten minutes at my scheduled appointment. (And YES! you did pick up on a hint of jealousy in that statement.)

I'm so glad that it's going so well for you, Tony.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

getting ready to go to a na meeting!~
will let you know how it goes!
Tony,
My Tuesday-Friday meetings are AA. I absolutely love that group. So... how did the NA meeting go?
Old 04-06-2009, 05:51 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Arrow

Originally Posted by christin1225 View Post
Tony,
My Tuesday-Friday meetings are AA. I absolutely love that group. So... how did the NA meeting go?
just got back christian it was great!
thanks for leaving a reply your the only one who did!
lol i think i found my na meeting it took a while of hunting around
!~ now i have a na meeting and a aa meeting every week!~
again thanks for the support! christian are you in na? or aa?
Old 04-06-2009, 06:32 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

again thanks for the support! christian are you in na? or aa?
Tony,

The first meeting that I ever attended was an NA meeting. But, NA meetings are almost exclusively in the evening in my area. Evening meetings are difficult for me. So, I attend an average of two NA meetings a week (Fri & Sun -- may be switching to a Monday meeting instead of Sunday. Very strongly considering it).

AA is at 7:30 am and I go to those Tuesday - Friday. (That means two meetings on Fridays.)

The AA meeting is really open to addicts. Although they don't waterdown the purpose of the fellowship, there is a very strong attitude that we all can help each other because we all suffer the disease of addiction. I find that the AA fellowship is much more tolerant of me being on Suboxone, yet they don't downplay the dangers of treating an opioid addiction with an opioid. It's because of the way that my Suboxone use is received by those attending the Sunday NA meeting that I'm considering switching to the Monday. I won't pretend that replacment therapy is the ideal, so I don't become angry we those who are hardcore anti-DRT. However, I can sometimes feel lonely -- even if it's just inside my head and people don't know).

The Monday night fellowship is at the hospital. Many detox patients attend and many of them are on Suboxone. So, it may be a better fit for me. I know that'll be a better fit for my summer weekend camping schedule.

Okay.... I think that I got really sidetracked . Did I answer your question?

I'm really glad to hear that you found a meeting that "fit" you. I have some that fit me more than others, but I can usually get something from any that I attend. What did you like so much about this fellowship?
Old 04-06-2009, 06:54 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Exclamation thanks christian!~ and yes you did answer my question!`

Originally Posted by christin1225 View Post
Tony,

The first meeting that I ever attended was an NA meeting. But, NA meetings are almost exclusively in the evening in my area. Evening meetings are difficult for me. So, I attend an average of two NA meetings a week (Fri & Sun -- may be switching to a Monday meeting instead of Sunday. Very strongly considering it).

AA is at 7:30 am and I go to those Tuesday - Friday. (That means two meetings on Fridays.)

The AA meeting is really open to addicts. Although they don't waterdown the purpose of the fellowship, there is a very strong attitude that we all can help each other because we all suffer the disease of addiction. I find that the AA fellowship is much more tolerant of me being on Suboxone, yet they don't downplay the dangers of treating an opioid addiction with an opioid. It's because of the way that my Suboxone use is received by those attending the Sunday NA meeting that I'm considering switching to the Monday. I won't pretend that replacment therapy is the ideal, so I don't become angry we those who are hardcore anti-DRT. However, I can sometimes feel lonely -- even if it's just inside my head and people don't know).

The Monday night fellowship is at the hospital. Many detox patients attend and many of them are on Suboxone. So, it may be a better fit for me. I know that'll be a better fit for my summer weekend camping schedule.

Okay.... I think that I got really sidetracked . Did I answer your question?

I'm really glad to hear that you found a meeting that "fit" you. I have some that fit me more than others, but I can usually get something from any that I attend. What did you like so much about this fellowship?
yes you did! and i must say it was well said at that!~
the meeting i went to tonight was great
i seen alot of people speaking from there heart!~~
and they welcomed me with open arms!
most there was christians so that helps!
it was great im so excited to go back!~
this was walking distance at a church!
so next time i can walk or ride my golf cart! lol
then my aa meets are thursdays and fridays!!
i need to find one more good na meeting for tuesday night!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:23 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Arrow technally 15 DAYS clean!

12:07am tuesday night april 7th 2009

well just thought i would say goodnight to whoever is out there.....15 days with no roxicodone! 15 days without sticking a needle in my arm!
these 15 days have been nice! but the more i hear about suboxone! the more i think im kidding myself! they say it harder to get off of than oxy or roxi?
they say the w/d's are worse than oxy/roxi w/d? is this true? i shouldent worry my doctor knows what hes doing! at least im not sticking a needle in my arm anymore!
and i havent felt this good for years!~ THIS WEEK IM GOING TO TRY TO ONLY DO 16 MG A DAY (2 8MG OF SUBOXONE)! LAST WEEK I WAS ON 2 AND A HALF!
id like to get off of suboxone as soon as i can! when i see my doctor on april 23rd! i have plenty to ask him! oh i almost forgot! when taking suboxone does anyone ever sweat?
ive been sweating like crazy at work latley and i dont do "labor work" i work in a office with AC! when i say sweating i meen it!` dripping!~ it only lasts for like a hour...
then it will stop anyone else ever had this happen to them WHILE on suboxone?
well off to bed will update maybe in the morning when i wake up!
if not i will when i get home!~

clean date: march 23rd 2009

tony
aka mrphreez
Old 04-07-2009, 04:38 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

As long as you are taking the sub as prescribed, you are clean, there is no technicality.

Please don't over-research and concern yourself with tapering too soon. The most unfortunate experience I've seen with sub is when people start monkeying with their doses too soon. It becomes addictive behavior.

I only took it for 5 days. Yes I had some w/d, but nothing near what I would have gone through withdrawing from oxy. It was minor and tolerable. As you wean appropriately, you may go through a tad bit of discomfort, but-again- not what it might have been otherwise. That's the experience I've heard from others face-to-face.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:31 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

While in rehab, they had me on Subutex....no side effects. When I came home, my doctor put me on Suboxone. I believe that the ingredient 'naltrexone' is where my side effects are coming from. At first, the sweating was so bad, day and night. But now, I still sweat, but mostly at night.

Bear...I agree totally with what you said!

Penny
Old 04-07-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

oh i almost forgot! when taking suboxone does anyone ever sweat?
ive been sweating like crazy at work latley and i dont do "labor work" i work in a office with AC! when i say sweating i meen it!` dripping!~ it only lasts for like a hour...
then it will stop anyone else ever had this happen to them WHILE on suboxone?
Tony... Yepper! Totally normal side effect of Suboxone. They had pretty much resolved for me, but I'm having recurrences now that I'm lowering my dose. It can't be a symptom of withdrawal because it happens AFTER I take the Suboxone. I guess that there's something with changing the dose that has triggered the sweats again. It's nothing to be concerned about, though. You just deal with it when it happens. (I know it's freaky because you're so used to sweating being a warning sign).

As much as I encourage you to get off the Suboxone, make sure that you are doing it without putting yourself at risk for relapse. I have heard about people coming off Suboxone just to OD soon afterward on their DOC. You have a doctor who will talk with you... don't let that valuable service go under used!! Attend lots of meetings and keep building your support system. Do you have a sponsor yet? Have you been starting to work the steps?

Tony, I'm going to risk saying something here (I had posted it on the thread that was pulled off the boards) because I think that it's important and I don't know if you had the chance to read it or not. I hope that you receive it in the spirit in which it is intended. I think that you are doing great. Your enthusiasm as far as leaving your DOC and needle behind is nothing less than inspiring. However, there is something about your posts that concerned me in the beginning and something that I still see (and they are the reason that I'm wary of you possibly coming off the Suboxone prematurely).

In the beginning, you would painstakingly note your medication list for recovery and now your posts many times concentrate on tapering the Suboxone. I've admitted in my blog (and to my sponsor) that I see addictive issues with my Suboxone use (Bear was referring to what he has seen. He might very well have had me in mind. I don't know. It doesn't really matter because I see it in me). Anyway... the obsession on pills that I see in your posts concern me. It's hard for me to say this because I read how hungry for support you are. But, I have to remind myself that the reason that we are here is to help each other, not merely to validate what each other is doing. I'm not saying that you are displaying addictive behavior with this obsession, I'm just encouraging you to take a close look at it. If you have a sponsor, discuss it with him.

Keep up the good work! I'm encouraged by your progress. Thank you.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:59 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Arrow penny!

Originally Posted by change4penny View Post
while in rehab, they had me on subutex....no side effects. When i came home, my doctor put me on suboxone. I believe that the ingredient 'naltrexone' is where my side effects are coming from. At first, the sweating was so bad, day and night. But now, i still sweat, but mostly at night.

Bear...i agree totally with what you said!

Penny
no way penny !~ the sweating!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was wondering why i was sweating so much ! At work (and i work inside w/customers) i will be dripping sweat!~it lasts about a hour or so! Kinda off and on!! Then it will stop all of a sudden!~ i was going to ask my doctor!` so does suboxone and subatex make you sweat or is one better than the other?
Old 04-07-2009, 09:38 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Arrow Attn:christian

APRIL 8TH 2009
12:58 AM

christian i just read your post!~ and i have to admit i agree with you 100%!~ to be honest i got kind of scared when i read it because you hit so close to home!~ im an addict & alcoholic!~always will be!` for the rest of my life!~ i know that! so what goes with that behavior? well i can tell you addictive behavior!~ so i will accecpt that and try to leran how i can turn all that addictive behavior into positive tasks!~(i havent even talked about my alcohol problems on this forum)...i figured getting rid of my oxy addiction would be top priorty!~! ive havent had a drink in over a year!~ (to be honest so much horriable things has happened to me due to alchol that i hate the smell of it anymore! cant stand to be anywhere around it!~ ive had 3 dwi's did 180 days in jail in 01.....errrr I just got tired! oh ok this is another topic! sorry!) so i guess what im trying to say is im sorry if im coming across like im not serious! or if i wanna stop with the suboxone and i think i can do it alone!!! NO i need support!1111~ And im here because i want to be clean and live a drug free life!! im 28 years old soon to be 29 april 18th and i wanna bring in this birthday clean and sober!~ and to answer your question christian about having a sponser no i dont!~ i have my dad hes my sponser and you guys are!(im planning on getting a sponser i just found a na meeting that i like!~ so thats all coming).....I really enjoy posting my progress on this site! (oh and christian i need to doucument my suboxone doses more on my posts! LOL) i havent been coming here alot but i will say something this site is special!~ alot of your replys really encourged me! i meen that!~ and christian!~ i dont want to taper too soon!~ i just dont want to be on it forever!~ im open to what the doctor says!~ alot of the posts was before i talked to him! he called me yesterday!~ i posted about it! but i see what your saying....all i can do is learn how to let my addictive behavior work in positive ways like making money!!!!! lol sorry if im rambling.....lol so tired worked 14 hours........thank you so much christian you really kind of made me think!~

SORRY SOOO TIRED!~

mrphreez daily meds!
A)SUBOXONE=2 and a half a day (8MG)
B)CLONIDINE=3 A DAY (0.1MG)
PROPRANOLOL= 3 A DAY (40MG)

TONY
AKA MRPHREEZ

Last edited by MRPHREEZ; 04-07-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:02 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Smile Thanks so much!

Old 04-07-2009, 11:56 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

MRPHREEZ, I just wanted to jump in to tell you how proud I am of you for the strides you've been taking! I'm a month in (32 days) from the day I stopped abusing my former DOC and started a 10 day very low dose detox on methadone (so today is 22 days from when I stopped taking anything). I can't speak about the Subutex, but I do imagine there are some similarities in the experience. The sweating is one of them.

The sweating can be uncomfortable, but I found that it was mostly body sweating that others couldn't see. It really helped me to remind myself that sweating is the body's way of releasing toxins from the system. Think saunas and sweat houses. Yes, the body is a magical thing. All we have to do is not get in the way while it does its job. ; ) Frequent baths or showers and lots of fresh changes of clothes and bedsheets can do a lot to make you feel better. I found that the sweating and better self-regulation of body temperature were the last to go of the acute withdrawals. Just make sure you're drinking lots of liquids to keep yourself hydrated, and feel great about yourself for making it this far!! Good drinks include Gatorade (especially because of the electrolytes), fruit juices (orange, cranberry), chamomile tea, and plain old fashioned water. : )

I love your positive, go-get-em attitude and your great energy!! That, my friend, will get you right through this. Keep up the great work!!

Christin, excellent posts as always.