Notices

MrPhreez's Recovery progress!

Old 04-08-2009, 03:17 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Some French tart....

Hi Tony,
I've just gone through your thread all over again. I'm sorry that I haven't been online much recently, but that doesn't mean that I'm not with you and cheering you on all the way.
What Christin sais makes a lot of sense.
Beware of becoming addicted to subuxone, I mean just be careful, as that is what I did. I needed it to function, and now that I am off it, the mornings are very hard. I'm still on tea and gingernuts since I got up....and its past midday!!

You're doing so well and it's marvellous that you have such a caring docter. It's so important, and I believe it to be quite rare too!

Take care of yourself. If you are feeling so good, why don't you drop down A BIT, and surprise your docter when you hand over the pills. Just for me, I got wary when I felt really good, I had to test myself, but I didn't go under what I needed. It was a great feeling when I handed over the pills. It's only an idea though, for what it's worth.

Lots of love always,
Ingrid x
Old 04-08-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

thanks for all the the replys,im at work at (on break) i was just going to document my doses each day.....who knows it might encourge someone! i know it encourges me! like i said in prevous post's......i almost cant wait to get home to chalk off another day.....& to talk to you guys! so i gotta go will update tonight! hope everyone has a great day!~

suboxone= 7:34am 1 8gmg pill

clonidine= 7:34am 1 0.1mg
1 0.1mg

propranolol= 1 40 mg
1 40 mg
Old 04-08-2009, 04:13 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Tish, with all due respect, Tony shouldn't 'drop' his dose of sub to 'suprise' his doctor. A tapering schedule should only be left to the professionals, IMO. I've been in rehab, and I've seen here, and been warned by my doctor, that coming off the sub too soon, before having some clean time from your DOC, and learning to live a recovery lifestyle is a relapse waiting to happen. Addiction is as much a mental dependency as it is physical, in some cases more.
As for me, I don't see how you can become mentally addicted to Suboxone. Yes, I know that suddenly stopping it has some w/d effects, but so does caffeine, and other drugs.
I take my dose once a day along with my vitamins, and I don't think about for the rest of the day. Nothing like I was when taking painkillers and counting and obsessing about them, eating 30 a day. But, this is why I've said all along that using sub for w/d purposes alone is dangerous. You've got to be working a program and going to meetings.
You have to have the desire to want to live a different kind of life.

Phreez...I'm proud of you. You seem to be doing so well. I would however, refrain from talking about the pills you take, and focus more on recovery steps and lifestyle changes that are helping you stay clean. You gotta be careful not to be obsessive about the kind of pills you take and the times you take them, cause that just becomes another addictive behavior. JMHO.

Peace and love always,

Penny
Old 04-08-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Tony,
I hope that you have more success than my son. He went from ingesting oxys to snorting then on to shooting. He has scars all over his arms. He begged me to put him into rehab because he wanted it. I made sure that he could not leave the rehab program by filing a Marchman Act. He went through 6 days of detox, 3 weeks in a homeless shelter, 60 days in rehab and then when he was moved into the 1/2 way house, had a little more freedom and was able to work with a curfew....the first paycheck he received he went out and scored. Was thrown out of the rehab program, then thrown out of another 1/2 way house. He has been self-medicating with suboxone on and off for 2 years. Always going back to the oxys. He refuses to go to a medical doctor and get the proper dosage and treatment because he is afraid that it will show up on his permanent medical record. So I don't know where he gets it, but he does and I am sure that the dosage that he has been taking is not correct (no medical consultation). He always goes back to the oxys. I hope that you are not getting a false sense of security, but I am glad that you are determined in getting clean. I wish my son were as determined.
I know that your family is proud of you for the conviction that you have in wanting to be clean.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:02 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MRPHREEZ View Post
i will be dripping sweat!~it lasts about a hour or so! Kinda off and on!! Then it will stop all of a sudden!~ i was going to ask my doctor!` so does suboxone and subatex make you sweat or is one better than the other?
Tony,
There are times when I sweat NOTICEABLY. Since lowering my dose, the hot flushes and sweating are occuring three to four times a day and last for about fifteen to twenty minutes. They had all but stopped after my first few weeks on Suboxone. But, it's back and I think that it's the bupe. I read somewhere (I think on this post) that someone mentioned the same issue with Methadone. A girl in my IOP, who was on Methadone, also said that she would sweat. I'll PM you with a link to a place that has threads on Suboxone and sweating. (PM me if I forget ) It is normal. I wish that I could tell you that is wasn't and that a doctor would give you something for it. But, it's normal.

I would be very surprised if a doctor would prescribe Subutex for you. Suboxone is specifically formulated to discourage the one in therapy from abusing the buprenorphine by shooting it to get high. If you were to shoot the Suboxone, the naxolone would put you into withdrawal and you being a needle user, well... (at least that's how I understand it. The fact that the buprenorphine itself will put an opiate dependent person into withdrawal is an entirely different subject ).

I brought up switching to Subutex to my doctor (I never used a needle, so why ingest a poison if not necessary) and he said that Subutex is reserved for pregnant women (and I'm also reading for inpatient and for documented proof of allergy to naxolone.) So, unless you plan on some really fancy surgery to get pregnant... LOL Just keep lovin' the Suboxone!

I'd like to add my .02 to the "surprise taper plan". Most doctors will view such an act as non-compliance. One of the things that we, being addicts, need to learn (please hear Christin speaking to herself), is to take medicines only as prescribed. Even though I know this to be true, I struggle with it. Tony... I will never tell you that I do something that I don't or that I don't do something that I do. I've read about Suboxone. I've corresponded with other patients. I want to be off Suboxone. Still... I know that it helps me. I know that manipulating my dose has only reinforced my addictive behaviors. I encourage you to educate yourself and with your doctor to make decisions that are best for you. But, I can't emphasize to you enough how much I'm learning that the reaction that people have to long-term use of Suboxone (more than a 21-day detox period) is all over the boards. You could use it for two years and slowly taper off with hardly a yawn or an ache or you could feel so lousy with each reduction in dose that you elect to quit cold turkey.

But for now... listen closely to what you are saying... no roxys, no needle!!! That's huge!!! That's the most encouraging things in your posts. Your sense of freedom is liberating. So, you just keep saying those things and keep attending those meetings. Okay? And, IMO, the first thing that you need to be in a real hurry to do is to find a sponsor.

That's for another day... no roxys, no needles!
Old 04-08-2009, 06:21 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I've been on Clonidine twice, and thought it worked great.

Yes, as Bear said, over analyzing subs (or anything ) is bad for recovery. I did the same when i had a large benzo addiction and it proved to be nothing but a waste of time.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:55 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Wink ...........good night everyone!

11:54pm april 8th 2009

christian i do want to thank you for the support and all the great advice!~ no
oxys!!!!!! and no needles!!!!!!!! i with ya on that!` just got home from work so tired.....just wanted to check my messages i will update in the morning!~ emmer i know alot of people on here respect and love you!` so i introuduce myself....nice to meet you!~ hope everyone has a great night! oh and penny your such a good person!~ you inspire me!~ asee everyone soon!` will update in the morning!~

tony
aka mrphreez
Old 04-09-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Arrow 10:57am april 9th 2009

10:57am april 9th 2009

good morning everyone hope everyone is having a great morning as for me im getting ready for work! and i must say i feel great!!!!!!! i went to bed last night early so i got plenty of rest!

Is it true if you just swallow the suboxone it wont work? why im asking this..... is the longer im on suboxone the worse the taste gets! i can hardly stand it!~ has anyone else felt that way? is there any Alternatives?

well everything is the same...im doing great! i hope all of you are as well! gotta go heading to work will update tonight!~ and NO im not using the suboxone another ways!~ lol thats why im asking! lol i "man up" and let is dissolve under my tounge but pleaseeeeee is there any other alternatives

stay positive and focused on better dayz!

tony
aka mrphreez
:ghug2:ghug2
Old 04-09-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

pleaseeeeee is there any other alternatives
Nope, it's designed to work sublingually. No other way. I believe others who abuse it use it other ways, though. When I took it the nurses used to actually check under my tongue to assure it had dissolved.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I know what ya mean Tony....Yuk! My sub is supposed to have an 'orange' flavor, but it's still nasty!
I'd never heard of subutex or suboxone til rehab. They would shut the whole floor down when it was time for patients to get methodone or suboxone. The first time I got it, the nurse told me to put it under my tongue. I asked what would happened if I swallowed it, and she said, "I wouldn't if you want it to work!".

Penny
Old 04-09-2009, 08:37 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Do or do not. There is no try.

hey phreeze just checkin in with ya. Good to hear you are doin the next right thing my man, keep it up!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:14 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Question friday april10th 2009

CLEAN DATE:MARCH 23RD 2009

12:14AM APRIL 10TH 20009

Thanks bear and penny for that helpfull info!` i figured thats the only way it
would work!and thats fine!~ some days are worse than others....its weird one day it wont bother me than other days i cant stand it!~i will go by what my doc says!` and thats under my tounge!well nice night (full mooln)here just got home from work figured id say hello to everyone! Unfortanly I gotta get up at 6:00am...friday and saturday i got to be there by 9:30am...no biggie (I ENJOY MY MORNINGS NOW, i see my doctor on april 23rd so im excited about that! plus its my one month mark of sobrity!...`well everything is going great!!!!i cant belive how much i woke up!~ THE FOG HAS BEEN LIFTED!

~ Tonight after work i went to a AA meeting (THE SAME ONE I GO TO EVERY THURSDAY),Its at a church close to where i live(I COULD WALK) i REALLY enjoy it we have such a great time!~ but ya know there is a couple empty seats a few people that comes and goes and few regulars ....but tonight an older gentleman came in ( in his 80,s) no one knew him he sat down when it was his turn to talk (if he wanted too) the old man said with a soft voice...."hi my name is frank and im a alcoholic"....,..."("thanks frank")......I ended up talking with him... ...he was from ohio visiting his daughter here in floriDa! and he told me he hasent missed a meeting in over 14 years (folks he was telling the truth)~ everynight he goes to a aa meeting and has for over 14 years! he ended up giving me all of the addresses so i can catch one everynight of the week! lol and most of them is in a 5 mile range!~ITS SO COOL to see him stay so stong !~ we exchanged #,s so maybe ill see frank again!~ WELL PEOPLE GOODNIGHT!
THE PHREEZ WILL RETURN

stay positive and focused on betterdays!~

tony
(aka) mrPhReez!
:ghug2

Last edited by MRPHREEZ; 04-09-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:18 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

good morning getting ready for work hope everyone has a great day!~
Old 04-10-2009, 06:07 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Hey Tony!

Keep up the great work!!

I'm really proud of you!!

Old 04-11-2009, 09:05 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Arrow

CLEAN DATE=MARCH 23RD 2009

just wanted to let everyone know im going to my grandmas for easter so i wont be online for a couple of days.....everything is going great!~ the sweating has stopped for some reason? but hey im not complaning! lol the suboxone is still working wonders! the taper plan is on hold untill i see my doctor on april 23rd so i will let you all know!~ i feel like i could taper down but i dont wanna do it too soon so its on hold!~ well im at work on break
everyone have a great easter and be safe talk to ya soon!`

tony
(aka) MRpHREEZ

HAPPY EASTER
Old 04-14-2009, 05:26 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

still clean and loving it!

hello everyone im at work right now (out of town and have limited use of computer) so when i get home will update! HOPE EVERYONE IS GREAT! AND HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT EASTER!~ AS FAR AS MY RECOVERY PROCESS ITS ALL GOING GREAT AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED UNTILL APRIL 23RD!` godbye talk to ya guys soon...

Old 04-14-2009, 07:09 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I am going cold turkey off sub today. It was a wonder drug for me as well, but after about a month I began abusing it and got up to 6 8mg from 2 a day which doesn't get you high, high but in a different way high. I was still in a binge mode when I began taking the sub. It got to a point with all the ups and downs of getting perceptions and so on and so forth I decided to quit. My need was mental not physical to a point. My Dr. said 6-8 months at least so I had a chance to get set up with an NA group and start recovery. I have not done that, sub has taken the place of what I was doing before. Through my own experience with sub the only withdrawals I have felt have been wanting to sleep. I have worked my way down over the past week to 2 a day and today was my last dose. So now cold turkey and look for group help. This is hour 1 I will update you tomorrow. I do have Xanax for anxiety and sleep.

I am also new you all seem to know about sub on this thread so I am jumping in and hopefuly this help you as well MRFREEZ.

Last edited by Jimba; 04-14-2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: additions to thoughts, finish editing
Old 04-14-2009, 07:32 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Happy for you Mrphreez
Old 04-16-2009, 10:51 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Is it true if you just swallow the suboxone it wont work? why im asking this..... is the longer im on suboxone the worse the taste gets! i can hardly stand it
Hey Tony!

So sorry that I've not been posting. I've done limited posting (explained on another thread of yours). This tapering from the Suboxone is not easy. I'm so tired so much of the time. It's a debilitating kind of fatigue. Although I'm told that I'm not the majority, there are others who have had similar experiences tapering off. I'm so glad because I was beginning to think that I was just crazy! I'm tracking it all on my blog.

You sound as though you're still doing extremely well. I'm so pleased for you!! As far as the taste of the Sub... believe it or not, when I first took it, it reminded me of one of my favorite ways to take my oxys WARNING: Stupid drug using technique to follow!!!! I would crush a bunch and mix with a shot of Diet V-8 Splash. I loved it and that's what the Sub reminded me of -- the first couple times that I took it, that is. After about a week, I thought that I would vomit if I had to continue taking it. But, it got better as time went on. I guess that if our palates can get used to spinach and brussel sprouts (though I love both of them ), they can get used to anything.

So.. what's April 23rd? Your next doctor's visit? I wish that I could get my Suboxone doctor to talk with me. I've been trying to call another one, hoping to find one who will interact with his patients. But, the doctor hasn't called back. I guess that isn't a very good sign, is it? Duh, Christin! I guess that my only solution is to get off the blasted stuff so that I don't have to rely on this doctor.

Sorry... not gonna turn your thread into a gripe session about my doctor. Keep up the good work, Tony! Your enthusiasm has brightened my day!
Old 04-18-2009, 10:24 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Arrow Saturday april 18th 2009

CLEAN DATE=MARCH 23RD 2009

9MY BIRTHDAY APRIL 18TH 2009 9

hello everyone i do want to thank you for all the comments!~ AND "JIMBO"
YOUR WELCOME TO JOIN IN! and i am very interested in your recovery jimbo so hope to hear something soon! and hey christian ive been wondering about you im so glad your doing so well i do hope you find a doctor soon who will follow up with you! my doctor is such a blessing!! the other night i called to talk with him at 10:00pm because i had something happened to me after work last week! he answered and we talked for over a hour! again im so blessed!

I WILL EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED ..........It all started.....When my mother and i was riding home from sarasota we just got in to clearwater not far from home (within a couple of miles) when i got a werid feeling... i had short of breath and my heart was racing (my mom said i had a helpless look) i felt like i was having "breakdown" then my right hand went numb, and my right foot went numb as well, then i got a tingley feeling in my hand and foot!~ it lasted about 5 min....i had to have her stop the car....i got out took my shirt off and got some air......a few moments later my right arm started to hurt and my veins was popping out!` since then i have a feeling in my arm (kinda feels like i have a muscle streched) it starts under my armpit down to my wrist!~ and i have a few bumps on my fore arm as well! and one of my veins is kinda hard??folks all i know is i never want to feel that way again!` my doctor thinks i may of had a mild stroke......

i see him the 23rd so i will know more!~ IF ANY ONE THINKS THEY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO ME PLEASE REPLY!~ other than that im doing great!` my suboxone treatment is going well everything is going normal! im out of town working so i havent been home (on my own computer) for way to long!` WILL BE HOME SOON! OH I ALMOST FORGOT...... today is my birthday!~(JUST GETTING OLDER) LOL IM 29 TODAY APRIL 18TH 2009 SO I FIGURED ID UPDATE WHILE I HAD A CHANCE!~ PLEASE FOLKS DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!` I HOPE IT WASENT A STROKE!~ well i hope everyone has a great WEEKEND!` TALK TO YA ON MONDAY!~

SATY POSITIVE AND FOCUSED ON BETTER DAYZ

TONY
AKA MRPHREEZ