Old 02-05-2011, 04:08 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey Tony - good to see you

D
Old 11-03-2011, 11:24 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

its been a while but here i am........been off of suboxone for 13 days...over the worst! just mental now....errrrrrrrrrr im glad i remembered my user id and password! lol
Old 11-03-2011, 12:15 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Mr

Welcome back. I just read your whole thread since 09 and Now I want to know how you are today.

I tried subs and stopped taking them after a few weeks when I read they could be just as addicting and just as hard to detox off of as my DOC (Norco). I am here struggling to just get a week or 10 days clean. I go through the detox in bed for a week then I use again for 2 weeks, then detox, etc etc. I thought about trying subs again because i had no desire to use when I was on them but my doctor made me jump thru too many hoops to get them. I dont really have the desire to do the outpatient required really. I have been to rehab before.

Please share how you have been this last year. How is the detox off of subs? Do you think subs were easier and more effective than cold turkey? How long were you on the subs?

I remember having absolutely no desire to use opiates when I took subs. I'm just asking these questions because my struggle is so hard with cold turkey and relapse and maybe subs would be worth another try.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

sub detox

Originally Posted by Runhappy View Post
Mr

Welcome back. I just read your whole thread since 09 and Now I want to know how you are today.

I tried subs and stopped taking them after a few weeks when I read they could be just as addicting and just as hard to detox off of as my DOC (Norco). I am here struggling to just get a week or 10 days clean. I go through the detox in bed for a week then I use again for 2 weeks, then detox, etc etc. I thought about trying subs again because i had no desire to use when I was on them but my doctor made me jump thru too many hoops to get them. I dont really have the desire to do the outpatient required really. I have been to rehab before.

Please share how you have been this last year. How is the detox off of subs? Do you think subs were easier and more effective than cold turkey? How long were you on the subs?

I remember having absolutely no desire to use opiates when I took subs. I'm just asking these questions because my struggle is so hard with cold turkey and relapse and maybe subs would be worth another try.
the detox from subs was almost as bad as the detox from oxycodone for me anyways! as far as is subs better than going cold turkey! i would say yes! they helped me with cravings and when i would slip up (yes i slipped up) i could NOT get high! the last 13 days ive had no energy! i went to to the ER my first week without subs...i feel like i still need to be on subs but im trying to remain strong!
Old 11-03-2011, 02:27 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

stay stong

Originally Posted by Runhappy View Post
Mr

i hope you remain strong! subs will help you! just have a plan with with ur sub docter! mine was in folorida i had no plan really he just gave me my month script and let me loose! i think subs should be more controled!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:32 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Mr that's funny you think they should be more controlled. I was just wishing they were less controlled.

My HMO made me go every morning to get my dose. They didn't let me take any home. And to get the daily dose I also had to attend 6 hours worth of drug classes 6 days a week for 3 months. Maybe after that they would have let us take the drug home and self administer but that isn't what they let on was even possible. They wanted to watch us take the drug. I bet if I found a private doctor I could get a month prescription like you. I also know that since I had no cravings I could use as directed and not more than my daily dose. I didn't get high from them.

Good luck with your journey and try to post more often than once a year.

Your story inspired me!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:47 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Unhappy Temptations!

Im having Temptations....Im over the W/D'S however what im going through now is torture! It's just mental now....I got off suboxone not by choice...I work on the road so i fly back to florida once a month to see my docter... However my money situation lately is SAD lol! I couldnt afford to fly back last month... SO i ran out of my subs and the rest is history! Im in West Virgina working finding a sub docter here is very different than florida! In a way im glad i couldnt find a doc to prescribe me anything! But i do think i got off suboxone to quick my mind is everywhere! i dont trust myself yet! i must say im scared!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:42 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Good luck Mrphreeze! I know You have come so far and struggled in this journey. I hope you hang in there and remember this too shall pass. It does get better.

You are kind of at the crossroads though. If you are past the withdrawals I think I heard that the worst cravings don't even last a minute. When I get them I don't play with them. I dont let them stay in my head. Yes, it's very possible to stop thinking about using when the cravings hit. I don't deny the feelings but I don't play with them either. I simply think "hmmm....ok my mind thought of using". Thats normal. Then I get up and change the channel by doing something. Walk the dog. Do the dishes. Do a crossword. Play a video game. Before you know it cravings have passed or at the very least I can say to self "ok you got through the worst of it".

Honestly, lots of times I come to this site when I'm having a craving and I just start reading and posting. The cravings do go away!!!!

Stay strong!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:51 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Hi,
I take suboxone also and it does work great, but also you have to change the way you think,act etc.
yes they are addictive i guess the withdrawals are ba also, so if you can get off soon the withdrawals won`t be so bad I heard.
i have been taking oc`s for many,many years also, and I am so happy it is 1 month today clean.
I know some people think if your on suboxone your not clean, but I feel it is better than using.
Glad your feelingbetter and good luck!!!!
Old 04-19-2021, 11:39 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

A decade ago I told my story...

Well is anyone still here...I know it's been a decade. But I'm checking in. Wow it's surreal seeing this old thread. Id love to talk to a few of you
Old 04-19-2021, 05:16 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MRPHREEZ View Post
Well is anyone still here...I know it's been a decade. But I'm checking in. Wow it's surreal seeing this old thread. Id love to talk to a few of you
I'm here working on day 340. I was trying to read your thread. Were you addicted to medicine?
Old 04-19-2021, 05:23 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on a decade Mr Phreeze

D
Old 04-19-2021, 05:32 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great news, MrPhreeze!
Old 04-19-2021, 05:57 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

So cool you checked back in MrPhreeze!"Hope you are doing well
Old 04-20-2021, 01:39 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Originally Posted by stickyone View Post
I'm here working on day 340. I was trying to read your thread. Were you addicted to medicine?
Yes I was... oxycodone
Old 04-20-2021, 01:40 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Originally Posted by Libby06 View Post
So cool you checked back in MrPhreeze!"Hope you are doing well
Thanks Libby...
Old 04-20-2021, 01:40 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

D
thank you dee.....

Old 04-20-2021, 01:42 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

D
dee that means a lot....it's good to be back...I wish I could talk to a few people but there profile says they haven't been on in many years
Old 04-20-2021, 02:58 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah people come and go - especially with the pandemic and stuff.

D
Old 04-20-2021, 09:06 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MRPHREEZ View Post
Yes I was... oxycodone
Same here I also began abusing my prescription opiates. I'm about to make a year soon how was your symptoms and brain function. I know it depends on amount and time . But I was up in the hundreds of mg per day for both oxy and hydro lean