AVRT to cope with emotional binge eating

Old 10-25-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
The Beast/AV of AVRT can never 'get' you. You simply decide to set AVRT aside and for what ever reason choose to engage in what you have previously determined is against your better judgement. To me a Big Plan means I decided to NEVER set aside AVRT.

Not to worry, you still have every capacity to make that once-in-a-lifetime Bulemia Big Plan.
Yes, you're right, Gerand. And I have made it today. And this time I will never change my mind.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, pals!

I am finally back, sorry for abandoning you for so long - been up to my heels with work and had to block internet to keep me absolutely focused.

I am good, I don't know what exactly clicked this time - but sweets just don't exist for me any more.

I actually didn't make my Big Plan for chocolate. The reason is that all chocolate bars and other crap fall into the same category as sweets so they are out of question. But I like extra dark chocolate and I never binged on it.

So I am a little bit hesitating here - should I rule it out as well or is it ok to have some dark chocolate once in a while. The catch here is that even 85% dark chocolate has some sugar in it. I've seen some 98% chocolate that has no sugar at all - should I stick only to this one? What do you think, pals?

I wonder is it possible to make Big Plan for something intangible? Like "I will never say to myself that I am a loser, etc.?

Because I've started saying this to myself again. I just can't understand why my real life is still like some crap? I mean - if I take separate elements, they are ok, but I can't put them together. I still can't get out of my financial predicament, build some more or less stable life. I just can't find this missing element.

Headlump - my friend, don't beat yourself up! Been there a lot of times - you know this) Oh, those images in window shops. I prefer never look at them otherwise it will ruin my day.

Remember - you may feel anxious, bad, hopeless, but the beast has nothing to do with eat. You have every right to feel it, and then deal with this feeling. The Beast can keep begging in the street - but there's nothing for him here. Hugs to you)

Jeni - Glad you are feeling strong) My AV also constantly tries this "a terrible idea and that I have nothing to look forward to in life", but it's kind of getting old.

So glad to "see" you again.

Best wishes)
Old 10-28-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Oh, a little bit of clarification here - I don't eat dark chocolate now because I can't decide whether can I eat it or not
Old 10-28-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Oh, pals, couldn't help sharing this pic with you(
Attached Images
Old 10-28-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post

So I am a little bit hesitating here - should I rule it out as well or is it ok to have some dark chocolate once in a while. The catch here is that even 85% dark chocolate has some sugar in it. I've seen some 98% chocolate that has no sugar at all - should I stick only to this one? What do you think, pals?
Deciding on only dark chocolate above a certain percent sounds like a plan. Before my no sweets Big Plan, I used to mix and eat carob chips with chunky almond butter and 100% fruit jam. It was my substitute for Reese's peanut butter cups. But 100% fruit jam is too concentrated, so that's out.

I wonder is it possible to make Big Plan for something intangible? Like "I will never say to myself that I am a loser, etc.?
I don't believe it's possible to make a Big Plan on a thought, I believe thoughts by themselves are pretty harmless; but I suppose one could use Recognition on a thought, re-thinking that an idea is against one's better judgement in order to feel better. I don't think the "I'm a loser" idea is from a misplaced pleasure based appetite. It's motivated from somewhere else.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post

I don't think the "I'm a loser" idea is from a misplaced pleasure based appetite. It's motivated from somewhere else.
You are right GT. Appreciate your insight.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Thank you for your kind words, MB I'm feeling much stronger now and am coming up to Day 4 of the Big Badass One! I'm very interested in hearing how you and Jeni are doing. You both sound so determined and it's wonderful to hear

Gerand: Thanks for all your insights. I am learning so much from you
Old 10-28-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  
Administrator

500 posts - time for part 2....

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html