Notices

Sober Vapers Part 2

Old 07-16-2015, 02:25 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Ha, the postman just brought me the package too. Yesterday I got the titanium wire ... so much to play with.

Titanium works very well (in TC mode only!), and tastes very crisp. Not easy to coil as it is very springy. I've been reading a 890 post thread on ECF about it, and feel pretty secure in using it from now on.

Still need to try the STM RBA deck. Looks a bit like a small Kayfun, should be easy enough.

Letting the Placid (and the three others) breathe for a bit first - it does smell very strong, but not unpleasant. Also got a small 5ml bottle of Cayuga on top. Good times*.

As for the sweetness: people comment on it quite often that US made juices are on average a lot sweeter than EU made ones. Personally I don't mind, as long as it doesn't gunk up the coils too much.

My wife confiscated my blue Flask, so she now has a more expensive setup than I have! (Which is good, this way I can justify buying a couple more shiny bits, shhhhh!)

* PS: imagine that we would discuss previously "Bought another pack of Marlboro Reds. Same as before. Coughing my lungs out."
Old 07-16-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
quat

The bubble gum , 5ml(Cayuga) sample and handwritten thx on the packing slips are nice touches.
Given latent impulse control issues , steeping or breathing for me usually
means just how long it takes me to finish a bottle, but with the current line up the rotation may lead to finding out if these age well
Old 07-16-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Wow alot to catch up on here! Chief, welcome to Kangerland! The subtanks are probably still my favorite tanks so far but the Smok TCT and VCT are very close seconds (look up some reviews on them if you are curious. Great flavor and inexpensive). I've built on the RBA a little bit myself and my problems have been either too much cotton and/or flooding. I'm not very good at building so I stick to stock coils mainly. I actually think I prefer the 1.2's. Lower wattage, they last longer and I think the flavor is better personally. Chief, let us know how the titanium goes! I just got an update for the IPV4 which now enables me to use titanium up to 120 joules. I'm back into temp control, that video just made me paranoid and I was ill from a non-vaping related virus.
Great to see and hear all the success of the new folks! Stick with it! I've been cigarette free after almost 20 years for 8 months now. Carlotta, I hear what you are saying. There's been a couple times lately I thought you know, a nice chunk of burning tobacco doesn't sound bad. But like you, I talk myself out of it. I actually ran out of juice on a road trip and thought about the cig alternative. I bought a Vuse instead. Wasn't good but it worked and I'm glad I didn't smoke. Glad to be sober and smoke free tonight.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
quat

Alright I'll just say it, cigarettes suck. Brian we need to go,over your packing practices
Vape On !
Old 07-17-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Cigarettes do suck! They stink and they make me feel sick and they are expensive! Yuck.

Today I'm vaping Admiral Berry Crunch haha sounds like a cereal.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
The bubble gum , 5ml(Cayuga) sample and handwritten thx on the packing slips are nice touches.
Given latent impulse control issues , steeping or breathing for me usually
means just how long it takes me to finish a bottle, but with the current line up the rotation may lead to finding out if these age well
Heheh. I'm liking the Placid so far. It will not be an ADV, but it certainly is a very nice and complex taste that I had not had before. For when you feel "fruity". (still have to try the others, also ordered 4 different DIY premixed flavors (Eton Mess, Chocolate-Mint, Banana Split and Strawberry Milkshake... what can I say, they had a 40% off...).

Finally - partly because I'm so disgusted by the whole 5 Pawns story, I ordered some more US "hype" Juices from a decent vendor (with decent prices) in the UK. These are all reddit favorites and again, I'm curious if these live up to the hype:

. Lenola Cream
. Nannerbear
. Agent P
. ANML Looper and Carnage
. Custard's Last Stand
. Samba Sun (from the NJoy artist collection

So yeah, I've been on a buying spree, ahem.

Originally Posted by Brian316 View Post
Wow alot to catch up on here! Chief, welcome to Kangerland! The subtanks are probably still my favorite tanks so far but the Smok TCT and VCT are very close seconds (look up some reviews on them if you are curious. Great flavor and inexpensive).
I've seen most of them - the OBS TVCT looks like a good tank too, but immediately replaced by the Aspire Triton. Things move incredibly fast.
That said: as much as I appreciate their performance right out of the box, it's still not on par with a decent self-made coil/wick (all IMHO)

I've built on the RBA a little bit myself and my problems have been either too much cotton and/or flooding. I'm not very good at building so I stick to stock coils mainly.
The coil itself is usually not a problem. Wicking is. I spend about 2 minutes making a new coil, and then up to 15 to insert the wick and cut it to shape so that it transports without soaking up juice or blocking the juice inlets. I use rayon BTW, as - even though the name sounds terrible - it is actually purer than most cotton, and wicks very very well.

I'm back into temp control, that video just made me paranoid and I was ill from a non-vaping related virus.
Well, I'll give the guy that the industry did push NI200 towards the larger public too soon. When used properly there really doesn't seem to be much potential harm, but overheat it, or forget to clean the wire before wicking, and you can get into a bit of a mess. Same goes, if not more so, for titanium BTW.

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
Cigarettes do suck! They stink and they make me feel sick and they are expensive! Yuck.
I actually feel ashamed for having smoked so much (70 a day) now that I see the real price: $12,000 in 18 months. That's madness.

My wife still smokes 2 a day, despite having all the gear and advice in the world. She loves vaping, she thinks the cigs are gross, and yet she STILL smokes them. Yet, I don't think I'm the right person to start nagging her about her addiction. I vaguely remember having had a slight substance problem myself not so long ago. *cough*
Old 07-19-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Chief
Old 07-20-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
quat

Placid may not be my ADV, but its a great HDV , really enjoy all the ones I've tried from Adirondack.
Placid
Tupper
Saratoga
Cascade(not Cayuga)
The fruitiness is there is spades and of the group there is undeniably a family resemblance
The Saratoga is variety of Strawberry and cream, nice but I get more nutty then creamy, still not too sweet
Vape On !
Old 07-21-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
The fruitiness is there is spades and of the group there is undeniably a family resemblance
Yes, well spotted. I almost suspect he first makes a base with a background fruitiness and a little tartiness, and then adds the specific ingredients. Enjoying Saratoga at the moment.

The other juices came from the UK, and reminded me how difficult I am to please when it comes to liquids. Out of the 7, 2 smelled quite horrible to me. I'm sure it's an ingredient that I just utterly dislike (cinnamon? not sure it's that, but something similar) - so much so that I had to remove them from my office in order to avoid gagging. I remember having the exact same reaction to an Adams Bomb liquid, and it never goes away, that one still stinks after a full year.

The others smell real nice, but again I'm letting them breathe and age a little bit. Very curious about Looper; everyone raves about it like it's liquid gold. (it'll probably suck ).

Carlotta, yeah, I was actually laughing out loud when I wrote that. At the same time, it's rather confrontational to see how the AV works on someone else (my wife in this case) and how she uses the same irrational justifications ("I can stop any time I want" "It's just 1 or 2" "I earned it because I worked very hard (which she does)" "It calms me down" "I don't want to vape at work as it would make me stand out too much, so I just smoke with the others". "I'll stop when it's convenient, now is just not the right time." "I don't know why I still smoke but just leave me alone." etc. etc. It's like conning a con artist (me).
Old 07-21-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
quat

Tried some of the Ticonderoga, still a cousin, less sweet but at the same time not any more tart just mellower and a nice melon exhale. Probably going to put that on the next order
Old 07-24-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

40,000 cigarettes avoided. I'm imagining - or trying to at least - that number if cigs on the table. Over 2200 packs. 220 cartons...
Old 07-24-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Shoot, we could sell them in the streets and make some serious money to buy some cool new vaping gear LOL. At $70 a carton, that could outfit all the contributors to this thread nicely so don't feel guilty when you treat yourself to an expdensive juice or a new tank: you re still saving a bundle!
10251 cigarettes avoided for me! Over 500 packs
Old 07-30-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Hello,

So it's been about a month now off the cancer sticks. Fairly easy to jump over to the vape side.

I've learned some things about my smoking addiction. I don't really care for the nicotine, or tar, or smoke. For me, it's all about the menthol. That mentholated throat hit.

When I first purchased my rig with juice, it was premium lizard juice. Then I ordered from VapeWild. After using their juice for a couple of days, I wasn't satisfied. I literally ran out to get the lizard menthol madness. Then I was good.

Then I have been sampling the other local vape shop's menthols. Ice Cap and Vapor Shark's extra menthol. Both satisfying, and today received Mount Baker's Extreme and Green Ice.

Hope all is well with everyone.
Coming up on six months.
Now to start eating right and get my a$$ to the gym!
Old 07-30-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Good job!

If you ever want the ultimate in menthol, give this a go: https://axiomvaping.com/products/icicles/. It's commonly accepted as the strongest.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum lovingit. I hope you find a great menthol that is perfect for you and you stick with vaping. I've been off cigs for about 9 months now and it gets better all the time. I've got a question for the group, a little off topic. How many different flavors do you all keep on hand on an average at one time? When I started vaping I always had my favorite flavor (and still do, the Urban Cowboy RY4) on hand and maybe one or two others. Now, I'd say I probably keep an average of 8 to 10 flavors on hand at a time. Although, I do have 4 mods and 8 tanks I am rotating around, so that comes into play I'm sure as well. What about you all?
Old 08-03-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Well, most of the time I'm not really adventurous, and only vape my own DIY liquid (95% of the time). With 1 or 2 on the side that I use once a month.

That might change after my renewed experiment period (still have to try 8 of them).
I have also tried vaping straight VG/Nic a few times, to see if it's doable. It would not be my first choice - although it does work when you put in a few menthol crystals - but it would still keep me from smoking without any problem and would be very cheap.

For me there are quite a few tasty liquids, but none that I would want to vape every day so far - except the one I make myself, which started out as a copy of Castle Long, but after that got perfected to my own taste. If the law ever changes around here, I will bring that to market, it is good enough for that. (and contrary to the liquid it's based on, contains no diketones.)
Old 08-16-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Hello, is there anybody in here?
It's been kinda quiet round these parts.
Well I'm sorry to say that I'm back to analogs. I was experiencing some pressure in my ears. Possibly something going on with the canals between the ears and throat. Can't put my finger on it exactly. I thought maybe an allergy to VG, PG, bad coil, or a juice. I changed all of these and the problem persists. I stopped vaping two days ago, and don't have that feeling anymore.

I'm quite upset about this. I saw a variety of advantages with vaping.

Right now, my sobriety is very important to me. I'm at about 6 1/2 months and I'm pretty sure that PAWS is peeking. I've been quite depressed for about 5 or six weeks. I really don't need the added pressure in my head.

BTW Chief, I purchased icicles from Axiom, and it was great. It wasn't the cause of the problem, and it didn't help either. I just don't know.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hi Lovingit. Not sure what happened to everybody, but I can just share my experience. I haven't gotten what you described, but I have had some weird temporary health issues since starting vaping as well. Whether they are related I don't know, I am still vaping and am healthy today. After being advised by others with long term sobriety not to make any changes my first year, I did not start vaping until I had a little over a year sober. I say your sobriety is the most important thing and vaping can be frustrating at times. I would definitely rather relapse into tobacco than alcohol!! I do hope you find vaping to be a good alternative for you though and come back to it. Meanwhile, congrats on your sober time, that IS awesome!
Old 08-22-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Thank you for your response Brian.

I do plan on vaping again. I'll give it another go, soon. I'm thinking that my maxing out at 30 watts/0.5 ohm with strong menthol juice was cause for the problem.

I'm curious to know what kind of health issues you had experienced, if you don't mind sharing.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

I went from 2.4 % OR 24ML to 0 nicotine in three weeks first day at 0 13 and a half hours no nicotine. Can I do it can I finally save 300$ a month not smoking or vaping I know I can still vaping 0 % today it helps a lot and its a lot cheaper less then half I was spending. Don't plan on doing it long but definatly the first three days, I smoke so much spending 300$ or more smoking same with vaping awe man this is gonna be awsome.