Notices

Sober Vapers Part 2

Old 07-06-2015, 03:56 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

W.O.W! Chief, you are a saint. This is serious.....Thanks.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Thanks for the link Chief. What juice do you use? I'm vaping CFRT or Mount Baker.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hello Again,

I have a few questions:

1. What are your thoughts on VapeWild's juices safety?

2. How will I know when to replace my coil?

3. How do I prime?

BTW, 6 days no analogs. 5 months today alcohol free.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

1 week of cig sobriety!
Old 07-08-2015, 02:14 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
Thanks for the link Chief. What juice do you use? I'm vaping CFRT or Mount Baker.
After a long journey trying just about everything (including MBV) I had landed on ... Five Pawns (yes, from the link). Very expensive, so 14 months ago I dived into DIY and came up with my own version (that I know is free from DA/AP). Since then I only vape my own liquids - I also make a strawberry custard, and a new peach/vanilla swirl/cotton candy/fresh cream/graham cracker concoction that was supposed to taste like a Peche Melba ice cream, but actually tastes of a peach pie, not bad at all.

I probably said it before, but I make 500ml at a time which costs me about 9 USD in materials.

Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
1. What are your thoughts on VapeWild's juices safety?
Neither positive nor negative. Some of their juices might contain DA/AP, or not, but unless they provide you with a lab test, it's very hard to know. They are great when you are on a budget, and I think they are on par with MBV.

Let me take one step back though: the potential damage from DA and AP is a long term one. Just like very few people got lung problems from smoking after 5 or even 10 years, there's no reason to panic. But I hope that between this and one year all juices will be certified DA/AP free.

2. How will I know when to replace my coil?
The flavor starts to go off a bit, and you start to taste a hint of "burning" (it's not really burning). It depends wildly between coils, brands, and your own vaping style, but after 1 or 2 weeks you might notice some degradation.

3. How do I prime?
Take the new coil (before screwing it in) and liberally put a few drops from the top (I don't know if yours have a mesh screen, but that's where you put the drops - you will see the cotton around the sides). Don't worry about overdoing it, the cotton can really soak up quite a bit of juice. Repeat a few times after a few seconds. Next, put a bit of juice on the juice holes on the side of the new coil. Put it in the tank, fill up, and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes just to be sure.

Priming it too much is easily fixed. Not priming it enough will forever ruin the taste from the first time you hit the fire button, so it's best to err on the side of overdoing it. It's hard to quantify, but these coils can soak up to a ml of juice before they get over-saturated.

BTW, 6 days no analogs. 5 months today alcohol free.
Nice one!
Old 07-08-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Thank You Chief Bromden,

I know I could ask these questions at my local vape shop, or watch youtube videos, but I respect and trust the wisdom provided here at SR much more.

I'd like to thank all of you for your help on this.

Also, I received the VapeWild order today. Spent $35 and got 180 ml. Time to Steep.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

8 Days cig-free
Old 07-09-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
I know I could ask these questions at my local vape shop
No worries, that's what this thread is for!

In other news, I decided to try a US liquid that gets high praise on reddit all the time: Adirondack. I ordered Cascade, Saratoga, Placid, and Seneca. They are mainly known for their fruit flavors that should taste like real fruit and not the candy version of it. We'll see.

Price wise, they are somewhere in the middle with $14.99 for a 30ml. They also have 6ml tryout bottles for $3.99.

First time I bought juice in 8 months!
Old 07-09-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
quat

Loving it
Great going on the days and the months, here's to years and years

Placid sounds lovely, chief, I'll let ya know
Old 07-09-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Make it 9!
Old 07-14-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

I think I'll never learn... Bought two more Lemo 2's, one for my wife, and one for testing out the Adirondack juices.

To see what the hype is all about, I also finally caved in and got the latest Subtank Mini in white with the newest RBA deck (with the large juice inlet holes on the side). The only other sub-ohm tank I tried was the original Atlantis, and I didn't care at all for the taste of that. I'm hoping this one is better, and I will try out the nickel (or titanium when they become available?) coils to see if they can get me on the lazy side of vaping.

Finally, also get me two LG HG2 3000mAh batteries to test out in my Mini M. They are new (2015), 20 amp continuous with 35amp peak (so good enough for the M), and hopefully give me a full day of vaping, will let you know.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
quat

We just picked up a new subtank mini for my wife. I've been telling her that she should move from the mini Nautalis 1.8 ohm coils , to 1.2 ohms after trying it at the store she agreed with the girl it was better , now why didn't I suggest that for her , lol. RBA deck is nice (looking, as i haven't tried building on it) the wicking channels look way better, not sure how they don't flood, but better minds then mine.
The air intake on the base is nicer, imo, in that it is two inlets per setting now.
Cant wait to try the Placid, maybe the post man has a surprise for me tonight
Vape On!!
Old 07-14-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

My battery is an eleaf istick 50w and I only have to charge it every 3 days! I'm loving that. This is by far the best unit that I've owned.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
My battery is an eleaf istick 50w and I only have to charge it every 3 days! I'm loving that. This is by far the best unit that I've owned.
I have the 30W and I love it too. The battery is very long lasting. I was thinking about getting the 50W but it is a tad heavy (I carry mine around my neck).
Old 07-14-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Yeah Carlotta 30w is really all a person needs. I never smoke it at 50! I usually don't go much higher that 20 lol. And yeah it's quite bulky, I'm always explaining what it is to strangers who see me using it. I think I've actually converted a few people off the nasty tobacco and onto vaping
Old 07-14-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Well, I almost relapsed and bought a pack of cigarettes.
Lots of stress at work then after a conversation with my boss about the state of affairs (bleak) I went to the convenience store to get some cold diet coke and thought: screw it, I m getting a cigarette.
I asked if they sold singles and they did not. After pausing, I realized that I was lucky quitting was so easy for me and that I took on to vaping like a fish.
What if I bought a pack and started smoking again and vaping didn't do it anymore?
Anyway, the AV almost got me but I m happily vaping Razzleberry from VW right now and the craving left almost as fast as it came.
What is funny is that my boss is a smoker but when we were talking, I had no desire for one and did not even think about bumming a smoke. It hit me at the convenience store...Well, on the plus side, the AV tried its shenanigans with cigarettes rather than with alcohol: thank goodness.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
quat

Way to kick AV butt! Go you!
Enjoy the razzles and diet coke
Vape On !
Old 07-15-2015, 01:26 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
What if I bought a pack and started smoking again and vaping didn't do it anymore?
It's an interesting one. I read about that a lot, when people are stressed out, or lost their vape, or it broke down with not a shop in sight etc. Most of the time, it seems, they get a cigarette, drag 3 to 5 times, and ... stub it out in disgust because of the a)taste b)smell. Mind you, I have no scientific data to back this up, and it only works that way for "established vapers" who have been vaping a longer time, but it's the scenario I read most of the time.

But, most importantly, you don't want to be in the minority who think "ooh, finally" and go back to smoking, so if you can avoid it, so much the better.

Given that, through vaping, we have the "smoke", the taste, the gestures, the nicotine, I think it's safe to say that the AV at that stage is purely psychological, i.e. we still associate smoking with stress relief. Some tricks to combat that are: buy some fancy expensive juice to treat yourself, or have one bottle on the side with a higher nicotine level than usual. Chances are though that the higher nicotine will taste vile as well (!), so just saying no! or treating yourself with some great juice are still the best bet.

dwtbd, that Subtank is rather amazing... 30W on a stock 0.5 coil isn't even warm, and where I was bracing for that "wet sock taste" that I know and expect from stock coils, it tasted good from the get go. It's not how I normally vape, but I got to admit that this is a spectacular product! Damn.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:09 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I've actually smoked many cigarettes since I started vaping if my battery died or I lost a unit and every time I was grossed out by them! I'd way rather vape.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
quat

Yeah I'm a kangertechie , got my Adirondack combo pack today , tried some Placcid, and a little Tupper ,very nice. They are sweeter than I had expected from the reviews I saw, but the fruitiness is nice and crisp. Overall some of the best juices I've tried , so far , so many juices so little time
Vape on !