Notices

Sober Vapers

Old 12-06-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by torquemax777 View Post
This may be a little "off topic" but this thread seems to be covering everything "vape" related. I'm overweight, and I'm starting to notice with all the sweet yummy vapes available I'm eating and snacking a whole bunch less in quanity and less often. Yay! Don't know if it's real, or just a placebo effect, or if the sweet vapes do effect blood sugar, but either way, it's a very pleasing side effect. I know in the past when I tried quitting smoking cold turkey, I always ate like a pig! Especially sweets. So now I may not just get healthier from quitting smoking; I may not gain weight, and in fact, it may contribute to some weight loss.

Just wondering, am I the only one who has noticed this wonderful side effect, or is it just me?
In March I gave up sugar and I have found that vaping my favorite cotton candy flavor helped a lot!
Old 12-06-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Welcome Jaeger and thank you for pointing that out, my yellow fingers are gone too

I have no problems being around smokers (which is good because a lot of my friends and coworkers smoke too) but now that I can smell it, I really cannot stand the smell of cold stale cigarette smoke which lingers after someone has smoked in a room.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hey, I liked my Vapin clearomizer. I gave mine to my MIL and bought her some coils. At the time I switched, Murphy's didn't have coils and the shop was out so I bought a Kanger. It's their juice - I found some I like better.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

@Torquemax and @Anattaboy: would you recommend it as a backup for my clk?
Old 12-06-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd like to try an ecig to replace the real thing, but from what I've seen it's rather complicated to maintain.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Yes Least, some mechanical inclination is needed but aside from charging, filling and changing coils it's non-stop puffing. Cigs don't really compare. Some find the nicotine pull much less than with smokes. I can go 2 hours w/out vaping--never went 30 min. w/out smokes. I can tell you I feel good enough to get on the treadmill after smoking 38 yrs. I can't believe how much better my breathing is.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Anattaboy is right. I'm the least mechinanically inclined person I know (no pun intended). Basically all you have to do is refill liquid, unscrew and screw in a new coil every week or 2 and charge the thing. I've found pretty much if anything goes awary the answer is change the coil.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:42 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
torquemax777

I don't know why you have to be mechanically inclined??? I got mine; and it's the black ( lower wattage 640 or something, and went to their website and saw a four pack of attomizers for $8.99. So even if you just threw away that whole part of the mechanical section (just as easy as when you twist it off to refill it) once a week, it requires only $8.99 a month extra over your juice cost, and you are essentially getting a brand new cigarette just by replacing that one part. OR, a whole new one is only $20, if you want both a new battery and a new attomizer every month. AND you don't have to mess with changing coils and wicks, etc... I'm like you, that sort of intimidates me; and the only reason I might-and still meet not even then- get into coils and such, is if it made it taste better or such. And even then, it I'm more than satisfied now, how could that make it better? So, for $8.99 a month or $20 plus the $33 for 15 bottles from vapewild, I'm out anywhere from $42-53 a month and that's if I use up all 15 bottles a month-probably not, or change the attomizer once a week-probly not, or get a whole new unit-most likely not (but I did already get a second for when the 1st is charging and vice versa) I don't see why you wouldn't use it as a back up? I mean how can you go wrong?

I'm wondering if attaboy is talking about a different vapin plus version? Like I said this one is black, 600 & something battery wattage, 2.5ml tank, turns off automatically when done on the charger, lights up the words, "vapin plus" on the end in rainbow colored lights, battery detaches from the cone shaped attomizer, with tiny short, barley visible wicks.... Maybe its like the prepaid version of a smart phone (which I also have BTW:& am very satisfied) but is surprisingly awesome for being somewhat "generic" plus, seems technology is one of those things that gets more and more inexpensive the longer that particular item is in existence.

So, that's my two cents for what it's worth! :-)
Old 12-07-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

You should never feel the need or feel pushed to "upgrade" when you are happy with your current setup!

Can you find a better one? Maybe, and maybe not. There's the danger of chasing your own tail, if you know what I mean.

Everyone who manages to stop smoking or even reduces the number of smokes is a pro vaper in my book.

Edit to add for Least: you can make it as simple or as complicated as you want. I know an 85 year old lady, not very technically inclined, who managed to switch to vaping after smoking for 60+ years. It's possible, give it a whirl.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I'd like to try an ecig to replace the real thing, but from what I've seen it's rather complicated to maintain.
At first, it seemed like I had to fiddle with it quite a bit and it really annoyed me. Then after about the first week, when I had finished my learning curve, I realized it really isn't all that complicated, at all. Things have settled down now. Plus...all that messing and fiddling with it gave me something else to focus on rather than obsessive thoughts about cigs. And kept my hands busy, too.

It does take some maintenance, though.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

least,

Go for it! I liked it immediately. I understand where you are coming from though. After I started vaping I looked at another vape forum and was overwhelmed in just a few minutes. I understand a little more now but not very much! I still prefer the the original ego batteries I started with to the variable voltage I was talked into buying. I have tried a few different tanks but always go back to the T2 tank. I just rinse it with hot water and screw a new coil into it when needed.

Jaeger
Old 12-07-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Has anyone experiemented with the floral and non typical or fragrant e juices? I haven't, but these are some I've heard about on other forums: fresh green grass, orchid, cherry blossom; as well as food flavors like McDonald's bacon mcgriddle, or pizza.... Just curious?
Old 12-07-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Old 12-07-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Carlotta, vapes wild is where I saw the mcgriddle vape. Be brave! Try it and let us know! Probably a steeper though! :-)
Old 12-07-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

What does steeper mean?
Old 12-07-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Brian, I wanted to answer your question about "steeper"; sometime certain vapes have a recommendation to be " steeped" for 2-4 weeks to bring out their flavor, or if you don't initially, like a flavor, let it steep and you may change your mind. There are various ways to steep (just look up "how to steep e liquid") but the most basic way it's just to let it sit in a cool dark place, maybe give it a good shaking every few days, and just let the flavors blend and fuze together. It is most often recommended for the more complex flavors with more than one flavor in them, rich flavors, tabacco flavors, and dessert flavors. I just was assuming the mcgriddle one may be a " steeper".

I just found all that out myself not too long ago, because someone else threw the term out there (like I did) so I looked it up and read a few links just to get a general idea. :-)
Old 12-08-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

WOW, it's gone viral, the e-cig.

Thanks for the invite Carlotta.

A lot is being said about e-cig, and all I know is I am healthier after over 60 days.

I been doing some research and some interesting stuff out there.
For those who don't know, the very first E-Cig was invented and patented in 1963.

New Invention of 1963: The Smokeless Non-Tobacco Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette Reviews and Blog

and for the purists
Patent US3200819 - Smokeless non-tobacco cigarette - Google Patents
Old 12-08-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

A lot of positive stuff to say about vaping. Far better than any other nicotine delivery method I've ever tried with some pluses. If you want to reduce harms and toxin-intake from smoking the $ spent on decent vaping gear is not $ wasted tbh.

I'd stay away from the automatic disposable models, and use your own batteries and clearomizers, cartomizers etc. Smoktech has some decent disposable cartomizers but you should purchase at least a pack of them, the vapor is good, but they last only a few days or so. A vivi nova kit is a good standard choice, or an evod2.

What comes to juices, there are many good vendors. Most commercial juices do use deionized water as an additive (as some might have the fear of them containing alcohol, as some juices still might contain that... but most do not).

I'm vaping 100%-80% vg-juices and it's been working for me.
I've never done the steeping process on any e-liquid before, need to give it a try. As a rule, I'd say BDC (bottom dual coil or bottom coil) is the way to go. They last the longest in use (at least my use lol) and appear to be the best of them. Nice to know there actually are so many who have dared to venture into the world of vaping. An excellent choice that is.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I finally got my delivery from Bulldog Vape today. I had ordered a special on Black Friday: 4 bottles at 30ml for $25 which was a great price. Unfortunately so far, I am a bit disappointed. Gator Blood is a complete let down, absolute bland vape: I could probably get better taste from my Vuze ecig.
Strawberry field is ok but really nothing to write home about when it comes to the taste of the vape: the 3mg nicotine "strawberries Crean" that VapeWild sent me for free is soooo much better on all level.
I shook them and I am letting them steep. I have yet to try out Fudge sludge and Vanilla Swirl which makes me a bit nervous too: if something called Gator Blood is that bland and boring, goodness only knows what the Vanilla flavor will taste like.
Oh well, at least it was not overpriced and it means I will always have a bunch of back up juices if I run out on a week end.
I just know I will stick with VW and Vista from now on.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Thanks for the info Carlotta. I will remember that if I ever order from that site. I have a question. On an average, how long does a single 30 ml of juice last everybody? If all you Vape is a single 30 ml how long would you say it lasts? The reason I ask, I had a 10 mg 30 ml that lasted me two weeks. I went to a 30 ml of 8 mg and it lasted one week. Now part of that I'm sure is this new tank. It holds more and has adjustable airflow. But I think it also could be I may not be ready to go to 8 yet and I'm vaping more to stay satisfied. I'm curious to know how long you folk's supplies last.