Notices

Sober Vapers

Old 03-17-2015, 01:51 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by esinger View Post
organic cotton instead of whatever was in it before
"Aspire Ceramic Paper"... oddly enough it only became noticed when they came out with the Atlantis tank 3 months ago.

It never became totally clear what the stuff was really, but the way it flaked really wasn't very confidence inspiring.

Why did they have to make it harder.

Oh well! No lighting up for 94 days.
In my opinion that's the most important part, well done!

We had friends over last Sunday from Italy, and before my wife could explain e-cigs to the lady, she took an eGo with a Vivi Nova out of her purse. Second time I encountered an e-cig user IRL (first time was a musician friend). FWIW Italy will be hit with a 47% tax on e-cigs as well.

In other news, have a listen to this testimony before the Connecticut Health committee (starting at 1:40) by Gregory Conley: https://soundcloud.com/vp-live/super-sub-ohm This was last week, very interesting, and a prime example of how to testify for e-cigs.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

What great thread. I just started vaping tonight so I might be a bit of a pita with a lot of questions!
Old 03-17-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Welcome to the thread! We've all been vaping for varying amounts so any questions are welcome!
Old 03-18-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  

WTG Della on saving yourself! I'm sure everyone here will echo the benefits of NOT inhaling combustibles. I feel great and you will too!
Old 03-18-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Welcome Della. Don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how many, and good luck with switching to vaping.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

So far so good! Thanks all!
Old 03-19-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Good news folks! The wifey is vape-only as of 6pm yesterday! I bumped her mix up to 2mg with some 2.4 Elite cowboy I had in the cabinet as she's not crazy about the "perfumy" aftertaste of the fruits I have on deck. I did not go for flavors at first either but now.....I just made a pseudo-dripper out of my old PTM2 (as-per RubyROO's vid on youtube) so I could drip some of the flavors I've concocted in the past months by using the last few drops in the myriad of bottles in the cabinet. I used about 2 inches of 3mm silica and wrapped a 3/32 coil at about 1.8ohms high on the deck and just left off the chimney. Works great. There IS a method to this madness besides my being a notorious cheap-ass: Since I'm down to 4% and my zero date is the first, I want to reduce the FREQUENCY at which I vape. Also, the pomegranate/ blueberry/cappuccino mix from a month ago absolutely rocks my tastebuds 2 drops at a time--lookin' for some of that Elite BananaNutBread right now. Just having fun here as always! With the dripper I only hit it every hour and only like..3 puffs. On another positive note my MIL is doing great except she has a hard time filling and changing coils (smoked a cotton micro last week) so I call her every other day to see how she's doing. Just checkin in y'all. Vape on and vape proud!
Old 03-19-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  
quat

hey welcome aboard della, vape on vape on
Old 03-19-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Congrats to your wife Anattaboy!!
Della I am so glad you joined us. I hope you like vaping as much as we do here.
I quit a 35 years 2 packs a day habit in November. Nothing else had worked.
So far I have not smoked 5165 cigarettes
I spent 327.09 on vape stuff but saved 1033 so my total savings is 705.91
More importantly, I am not out of breath anymore. I did not have a winterlong cold
I don't have smoker cough anymore (especially morning) I don't smell of stale smoke
I don't have small burns in my clothing and I get to vape inside.
It s a win win on all fronts for me.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Thanks for starting and inviting me to this thread Carlotta and congrats on your continued success! I smoked for 39 yrs. and did right at a carton per week, In the nineties it was camel nons. The rest of the time marlboros or something similar. Now I can't stand the smell of them. I vape for about $1 a day and am much healthier than when I was smoking. Hell, I never thought to count the lighters-had to go buy one the other day to burn brush in the back yard. I can't imagine why I ever smoked.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:49 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  

Anattaboy congrats to you my friend. You are a living example of how vaping is a proven quitting cigarette mechanism for minimal cost. Reading your post took me back to how I used to turn my stuff yellow with cigarettes. Not to mention all the clothes and possessions I burned with them. Someone shared a pic on Innokin's Facebook and page I liked. It was of a nice mod and tank sitting next to an AA big book.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 512 (permalink)  
quat

I was a dedicated premium cigar smoker for 15 yrs, until I picked up a marlboro red one time and ended up back to cigs for a few more years, hadn't had one cig the whole time smoking cigars even if I ran out. I have been vaping for 2 yrs now and just cant get over how much more I enjoy it. I even tried a cigar , my favorite El Rico Habana double corona, didn't even finish it, blewwck carbon burntness.
Got a Kangertech sub mini yesterday and a bottle of Doomsday Gourmet's Last Call(couldnt resist, lol) and holy moly yummy !! Vape on Vape on !
Old 03-22-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 513 (permalink)  

The Subtank is a thing of beauty. Lot of people around me are now going for higher wattage models but I'm good with my mini and nano. Congratulations on a great purchase my friend.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 514 (permalink)  
quat

I think so far I like the Kanger Sub and the Sub Mini, beter than the atlantis, but really enjoy the 20-25w range, so its all good
Old 03-24-2015, 12:59 AM
  # 515 (permalink)  

Vape only for two weeks.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:24 AM
  # 516 (permalink)  
Administrator

We close threads at 500 posts or so.
Join us here for part two of this thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

D