Notices

Sober Vapers

Old 11-16-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Sober Vapers

This thread is for all of us vapers on SR.
I hope that we can exchange tips and great deal and more importantly that this can be a place of support for those who use vaping to quit smoking.
I was finally able to kick a 35 years 2 packs day habit thanks to vaping.
I will be a week smoke free tomorrow morning with no major cravings, no nic fits and no mood swings. Even better, I just love vaping.
I am currently on 12mg nicotine and I am planning on dropping to 8mg by the first of the year.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I am also on another site and tomorrow, that eliquid company is giving a free sample (with free shipping). PM me if you are interested so I can pass on the code.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hey Carlotta,

I have virtually kicked my 40-year 2-pack-a-day habit. I still have one smoke first thing in the morning with coffee as part of my wake-up jolt, but don't desire cigarettes otherwise. Apart from that one-in-the-morning I have been strictly vaping since April.

I'm on 18 mg and not concerned about cutting it down at this point--I'm just grateful I'm not inhaling carcinogens the way I used to. I would like to give up the morning cigarette, and since I now go outside to smoke it, maybe the colder weather will be some added incentive.

Vaping is satisfying to me in a way that no other replacement was. I am SO grateful.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can't say enough good about vaping. I started 5 months ago, a week after quitting drinking. Within a week it replaced smokes for me. I wanted to reduce and have-down to 4 ml of 12 mg from 24 (equivalent nic to a pack of lites). My breathing is much better. No wheezing. I had hoped to taper to zero and may still but I kinda like vaping. I use a KangerTech Pro Mini 2 with a generic 1100 battery and rewrap my coils. I spend $11 for 30ml of juice per week. Was thinking about buying a gallon and mixing my own for $50 online for everything. I also have one cig every morning.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Requires Adult Supervision

I got into using a vaporizer about 4 years ago. Worked my way down to about 2mg day. Then I had a melt down and went back to smoking. I have been using lozenges to help me cut down on the amount I'm smoking, but I think I am going to get back into vaping because the lozenges make my mouth raw.
That being said. I'm looking for a tank style pen that has a battery that lasts from 1 to 2 days of heavy use. Any suggestions?
Old 11-16-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

The morning cigarette is the one I miss but so far, it has been manageable, I just vape away until the craving leaves.
I would be interested in what people recommend to you too Tony.
I have an Innokin Itaste Clk and I absolutely love it. Voltage is adjustable, it's pretty, feels like I am holding a cigarette holder and I can have it around my neck.
The one thing though is that I took it fully charged to my overnight shift and by the time I came home 12 hours later, it was almost empty.
It comes with a USB charger for computers only and after all that to do about exploding ecigs, I am scared of charging it with my cell phone charger.
I was thinking about buying a second CLK so when I am gone for a bit, I have a fully charged unit with me ready to go.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Can you post or PM the website? TY
Old 11-16-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Heya. . Not much time but I'll certainly be present here. 40 year smoker, 4 packs a day in the end, now 10 month vaping and 9.5 months smoke free.

Tony, to get back into the game, many people, including me, recommend the eLeaf iStick with a Nautilus mini on top. 2 days should not be a problem. That said, there are other options, so it would help if you could be a bit more specific. (Also: budget...)

The good news is that today's hardware is several times better than what you were used to, and probably cheaper too.

Thanks for starting the thread Carlotta!

Edit: CLK is a pretty good option too indeed.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I don't care about $ if it is going to be worth the $.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Double post... Sorry

Last edited by TonyB; 11-16-2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Puter problems!!
Old 11-16-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That eleaf istick that ChiefB is talking about is a good VERY small inexpensive device, better than any pen stuff. $35 or thereabouts on eBay. A couple years back you couldn't buy what that has going on for $200.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Anyone every use Totally Wicked E-Liquid? (Google it)
I had a "screwdriver" back in the day.
But I have been looking at the Tornado.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Right now I have some organic strawberry granita , some 2 sweet peas in a pod which is a light slightly liquorice flavor from Virgin.
My favorite is a generic pear eliquid that my boss' girlfriend who is also a vaper gave me. I love the taste but she cannot remember where she got it
I just placed an order for honeyberries from Mt Baker and white chocolate from Vista vapors.
I'd love to find something which taste like Boston Cream Doughnuts >drooling<
I think I just found myself a new hobby LOL
Old 11-16-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Totally Wicked doesn't have a great reputation among longterm vapers, TonyB. The key there would be that their prices are terrible, you're just paying for fancy packaging and logos. I make my own juice now, so I don't have a favorite juice place anymore. Lots of folks seem to like the pricing and flavors from the Mt Baker place Carlotta just mentioned.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Carlotta, thanks for the invite.

I went from a pack a day of full-strength to 0. In one day. After three days, I had to febreeze my truck interior. Took a whole bottle.

This stuff has probably added ten years to my life. Just enough to get me to the singularity.

I'm very old school. Still use cartomizers in cheap mods and a 5V pass-thru anytime I can plug it in. Only a tobacco juice user but sometimes mix in some menthol or wintergreen. BTW, Madvapes wintergreen flavoring tastes JUST like a wintergreen LifeSaver. They're my company from the start.

These days, it's just the nicotine. I'm a junkie. It's like when I drank. The cheaper I could assuage my AV, the better. I'm now on an anti-depressant which is making my nicotine cravings fade into the background. I may quit. But, it is like a pacifier. Something to do with the hands. Maybe I have too much time on my hands.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

double post... Sorry...

Last edited by TonyB; 11-16-2014 at 02:56 PM. Reason: double post...
Old 11-16-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foolsgold66 View Post
Totally Wicked doesn't have a great reputation among longterm vapers, TonyB. The key there would be that their prices are terrible, you're just paying for fancy packaging and logos. I make my own juice now, so I don't have a favorite juice place anymore. Lots of folks seem to like the pricing and flavors from the Mt Baker place Carlotta just mentioned.

Back in the day, they were the only thing going.
I make my own juice too! Way cheaper, and I like doing it.
I also used to buy my juice from madvapes.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Totally Wicked is still very big, and even has enough resources to fight the new EU regulations (TPD) in court (and actually stand a chance), but like foolsgold says they don't always seem to have the best prices. Still respect them for standing up and being counted though.

The better vape gear tastes a lot better than cigarettes ever did, and there's no way I'm ever going back. Reducing nic levels is an option, and I have done it too, but doing it too fast is a mistake, as you risk going back to smoking that way. (Down from 24 to 9 here, and planning to stay there for a while now).
Old 11-16-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks for the invite. I am using a itaste MVP and an Aspire mini Nutilus tank. Love RY4 and a new one called hemroid cream! I kid you not! It tastes of almonds! I am on 18 mg though- naughty me!
Old 11-16-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hello, thank you for the invite. After smoking for almost 20 years, I picked up an Evod 2, digital battery and 2 bottles of 12 mg tobacco e-juice. I have not had a cigarette since. That was 10 days ago. At my heaviest smoking, I was a 2-3 pack a day of reds guy but I had gotten down to 15-17 ultra lights a day before the Vape. I think this week I will prolly go down to 10 mgs on the nicotine maybe 8. I don't know how noticeable of a jump that will be? I do want to quit eventually but I almost love the vape more than cigs. Btw I did try regular electronic cigarettes in the Past and they never worked for me.