Notices

Sober Vapers

Old 12-08-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I would be curious too because I have tons of different products >hey I am a Gemini, I like diversity<
The one thing I know is that I went through the 2 12 ml bottles of Strawberries Cream and Sweet Complexity in 4 days but I was vaping much more: part of if being the awesome taste and the other part probably was that it was it was only 3mg nic and I needed much more.
I m back at 12 with my new orders.
I can't remember if it was on this thread but someone had mentioned putting all their little left overs in a bottle and mixing. I am doing just that, I have a bottle where I started dumping whatever juices are left when a bottle is almost finished.
That should make for an interesting vape LOL
Old 12-08-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
torquemax777

I like the mixing idea! Seriously though Carlotta, try the steeping thing. I tried it with a few of the flavors from vapewild that the reviews recommended steeping, and boy were they right! All of them I let steep went from being my least favorite before steeping, to all of those being in my top 5 favorites!
Old 12-08-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by torquemax777 View Post
I like the mixing idea! Seriously though Carlotta, try the steeping thing. I tried it with a few of the flavors from vapewild that the reviews recommended steeping, and boy were they right! All of them I let steep went from being my least favorite before steeping, to all of those being in my top 5 favorites!
You are a genius my friend
I googled quick steeping and decided to give the microwave method a try (I am steeping the other 3 bottles more naturally) for the Gator Blood since I felt it was worthless anyway.
I opened the bottle, shook it like crazy put it in the microwave for 5 sec shook it like crazy and repeated.
I now have a nice little vape which taste like a mixture of grapes and wild berries
It tastes really good. Whoohoo! thanks for the suggestion.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Wow! I never read the microwave one before! I'm gonna have to try that. Do you remove the dripper lid? I had 15 flavors come with my vapewild order so I just did the whole "put it in a cool dark place and shake every few days" I had enough other flavors, I could just let the few I wanted to steep (actually the flavors my husband picked) but one of the flavors "top of the morning" a coffee flavor, just isn't coming around; maybe I'll do the microwave thing with that one. Just let me know if I'm missing any important details.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I don't ever heat mine anymore, I just let them sit for a week. In the past I have soaked the whole bottle in warm water. I make big batches, so after I let them sit a week I refrigerate. Some juices seem to need a bit of this, some don't. It's a controversial subject in vaping forums, actually. The fruits don't usually need this, but the complex mixes, especially the tobacco ones tend to in my opinion. In trying new juices, if you don't like it, don't throw it out, let it sit for a week or more, then try again.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
torquemax777

One thing that's confusing me about the "quick steep" methods it's that they all require heat, but all the instructions and also the slow steep methods, say to do/store in a cool dark place? I'm just scratching my head cuz they seem to contradict each other. Is it like soups and stews, where they taste better the next day after having been cooked, cooled, then reheated? I only ask cuz I don't want to accidentally ruin them?

Last edited by torquemax777; 12-09-2014 at 08:02 AM. Reason: typos
Old 12-09-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I did take the lid of and was careful to only give it two very short 5 second burst so the plastic would not melt. I did it only on Gator Blood since I thought that one was a loss for sure and it still taste great this morning.
I am steeping the others with the lid open in a box which I placed over one of my heating vents.
There are so many different and even contradictory methods I just decided to pick one and pray for the best.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Ok well Im still curious on an average how much juice the sober vapers here go through in a week..I tried hot water steeping some of my Urban Cowboy juice. Put the juice in 2 plastic bags and submerged it in hot water until the water turned cold. Twice. I don't notice a big taste difference, but again this is a tobacco flavor. I have a cinnamon Irish swirl I am going to try it with next.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I don't keep track really, I'm probably at the high end, high voltage and dual coils, like 7-8 ml a day.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:09 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Ok so I kept track today and that will be a little under 5ml at 12mg so I guess a 30ml bottle at 12 will last me a week. I definitely vape less at 12mg than I did at 3
Old 12-09-2014, 10:11 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by Brian316 View Post
Ok well Im still curious on an average how much juice the sober vapers here go through in a week..I tried hot water steeping some of my Urban Cowboy juice. Put the juice in 2 plastic bags and submerged it in hot water until the water turned cold. Twice. I don't notice a big taste difference, but again this is a tobacco flavor. I have a cinnamon Irish swirl I am going to try it with next.
I think some ejuice comes already pre steeped and the reason the stuff I got from Bulldog was not was because it is probably a mom and pop operation like most online vaping stores and they must have been overwhelmed with orders for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
I m glad I followed Torquemax suggestion.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:27 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

If heat is used in steeping, it should be low and slow. Microwaving might work, but it will degrade nicotine, and it's hard to predict what happens with the juice ingredients in local hot spots. Most experienced DIY'ers would strongly advice against microwaving juice, but to each their own.

Foolsgold is right: steeping becomes really important with tobacco flavors mostly. Also: what some call "steeping" is actually airing; the shaking and repeatedly opening the bottle lets out the volatile components (like... alcohols) and can save a juice that tastes too "florally".

FWIW, my DIY juices either taste great fresh after mixing or they don't. When they are "right", I do put them on a slow rotating plate in the oven at 55°C for 90 minutes (open bottle), let it rest overnight, shake, and it's vape-ready.

My next investment is going to be a magnetic stirrer/heater (vaping is supposed to be cheap, right? )

Most good juices are pre-steeped (and some actually go through a complex process where individual ingredients are added and then steeped before adding the next one, as some flavors don't easily mix at the same time), but "on order" juices (most known is Mount Baker Vapor) might need a week to mature; again, personally I would avoid "going nukes" on them.

I use about 6ml a day BTW, but when I'm really busy it can actually be less than 3ml. I can "forget" to vape, something that never happened with cigarettes.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:47 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

4 ml of 12%. I started at 24 and reducing to 12, 2 mg at a time weekly was no problem at all. And yes Chief, I sometimes "forget" to vape also. Ain't it great? Those chinese have usurped Big Tobacco with common sense. I'm gonna google what they do for alcoholism
Old 12-10-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Well today is 30 days smoke free! As I type, I have not smoked 1201 cigarettes.
I saved 240.20 but I spent $160 (I hear you ChiefBromden it's like I WANT to spend money on vaping stuff LOL I am looking into getting another tank too) so my net savings is $80.20 which is still pretty good.
If I don't buy that tank that I really really want for Christmas, I should be all set for next month and would have to spend $0 but I already know it is not going to happen LOL.
I just wanted to thank everyone participating on this thread. I have learned a lot from you guys and it really kept me going.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
torquemax777

I think it's like chief and others have told me before; it's sometimes hard to pin point how much is a "normal" amount to vape, because there are lots of variables: different brands of vaper pens, wattage, pg/vg ratios, nicotine levels, etc...

I don't know if this helps "limit" me- much like plate/bowl sizes limit food intake/portions; but I have 2 $20 pens (vapepin plus) they both have 2.5 ml tanks; however, I only fill to 1ml-1.5ml (approx half) I fill one tank with a fruity flavor- and that one is always ONLY for fruity flavors. I do the other half full of dessert, tobacco, root beer, ect and that tank is only for those flavors. Some days I never refill either of those two tanks, which means I'm only vaping 3ml a day. But sometimes I refill one or both of those tanks with another flavor; but again, only half full, so that would mean I vapes 6ml a day. I have never had to refill more than once a day unless I filled less than half on a vape I don't really like as an ADV, but still like a little taste now and then.

I'm finding its a lot like food and drink; you can sip on juice or root beer or munch on fruit or gum all day, but when you sit down to eat tiramisu, or cake, a little goes a long way. At least that's the case for me. But in that case it gets a little trickier to keep track of, cuz I will put in less than 1ml of tirimisu, then later fill it halfway with ry4life or chocolate Bob ( chocolate root beer float) for the rest of the day. Or a tiny bit of one fruit flavor like peach, so I can switch over later for pear or pins colada.

But generally speaking, I would say I vape between 3-6ml a day, but am surprised cuz it seems like I vape pretty much every few minutes every waking hour, so I would think it would actually be a lot more....

Like I said, a little confusing, but you'll figure out your sweet spot, then it will be more of a routine and you can plan your orders better and budget easily. A lot better than analog cigarettes; where you may smoke a pack one day and almost two packs another day. Usually, vaping is a little more specific in the amount you're using, so you can say, " oh crap! Im down to 5 bottles (or whatever) I go thru one every other day, better get online and re order or head to the smoke shop!"

It will get less confusing and overwhelming as you go, and soon you will be trying new things because you are curious, not just because you are running around like a chicken with your head cut off trying to get everything "just right." Good to start out with less, keep up with this forum, as well as others, try a new thing here and there, google questions, etc... You'll learn a lot. I know I sure have! It's almost more of a hobby than a habit! FUN!
Old 12-10-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I posted this link on my other E-Cig thread, it's a calculator/ banner, self explanatory.

Quit Smoking Counter Banner Generator - EcigAlternative.com

But hope the webmasters can make it so the banner can be uploaded, perhaps on this particular thread only might be an idea.
Anyway, just a thought.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Thank you for the responses and thank you for this thread! It's cool to talk vaping with sober people. Good to hear that a 30 ml bottle a week is not extreme. I think it's more due to my new tank, but things have been a little rough lately so I will prolly get a pair of 10 mg 30 ml on Sat. I bet my juice was pre-steeped. The place I buy it from seems pretty cool like they would do that. Congrats to all the non-smokers here!
Old 12-10-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Hey, want a way cool experience? It you ever have fog in your area, go outside and vape in it! WOAH! Way cool! And my liquid is heavy on the pg side @ 70% so imagine you all who side heavy on the VG side?!!? Clouds upon clouds of vape!

Last edited by torquemax777; 12-10-2014 at 05:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-11-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Here's a link to an article I recommend everybody check out....
American Heart Association Study Finds Vaping More Effective Than NRTs - The American Vaping Association
Old 12-12-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Cool! I liked that article very much; but it wouldn't let me share it on Facebook. :-( darn it! There's a Facebook share option but when I hit the "share" button, it says "invalid link couldn't be shared"