Notices

Sober Vapers

Old 11-16-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by Buggirl View Post
Thanks for the invite. I am using a itaste MVP and an Aspire mini Nutilus tank. Love RY4 and a new one called hemroid cream! I kid you not! It tastes of almonds! I am on 18 mg though- naughty me!
you are a braver woman than I am. Some of those eliquids have the craziest/nastiest names. One which seems very popula is called "The Virus"...I don't know about you but it makes me think of that nasty throat taste I get when I have a cold
I think that down the line I will probably upgrade my gear but right now, I really need something which feels more like a cigarette in my hand.
My sponsor died of lung cancer and she was younger than I am now and not as heavy a smoker yet I kept on smoking for years (speak of insanity).
I never thought of vaping as a way to quit smoking I thought it was for yuppies and college kids until I started buying tobacco at the vape store and got to chit chat with the owners and some of the patrons.

I noticed that vaping is a taboo subject on the quit smoking forums. Speak of a bunch of hypocrites, they are all in for that useless nicotine patch and for those pills which might be addictive yet it seems that more heavy smokers quit by vaping than by using those gizmos.

I got an app and so far (since Monday) I have not smoked 261 cigarettes, I saved $52.20 (My smokes cost me 40 a carton but still expensive).
I spent total $103 because I ordered a bunch of juices and bought some extra coils and an extra tank. I should be breaking even Saturday then really start saving $$
Old 11-17-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for the invite Carlotta.
I'm "budget" vaping for the equivalent of $5 a week.
I'm expecting a barage of disdain from some of you connoisseurs, but it suits me at the moment.
Additionally 2 or 3 roll ups a day as well.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Unfortunately there is a now a large contingent of people that do it just because they think it's cool, but it worked for me getting off smokes in late 2010 when none of the other stuff did. I still withdrew from cigs to an extent, first week or two was a bit iffy, but have never returned to cigarettes other than in a few dumb moments. I tend to stay below the bleeding edge, I don't spend much, I just use carto tanks and mods, and it isn't my hobby. Yes, the quit smoking forums are not the place to discuss it, that's just the way it is. There's tons of vaping forums though.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Add me to the list of vapers!

I had picked up smoking again after quitting drinking. For over a year, I was going at almost a pack per day. It was so frustrating, quitting one terrible habit and then replacing it with another terrible habit. Decided to give vaping a try a year ago and it's been a fantastic solution.

Like trachs, I stick to tobacco flavors mainly. A bit of wintergreen or mint from time to time.

I don't smell of smoke. I don't cough! My lungs have been rejuvenated (at least, partially). It's been a great solution/stepping stone for me, glad to see so many others on board!
Old 11-17-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

One week smoke free today! and I am not even the least bitchy and I did not cheat! this is the longest I have been completely smoke free since I was 15
I'll probably do like you Sparkos and put myself on a vaping budget, I love shopping and all that shiny stuff in interesting flavors are a big temptation still I could spend $50 a week and still save money
Foolsgold I agree there are vaping forums. I registered on two but a lot of the members are so technical they could be posting in Chinese as far as I am concerned LOL so I am really glad we started that thread here.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Hey I just put my order for a free 10ml Thanksgiving giveaway at Vapewild (even shipping is free). They did not even ask for my cc number! I ordered 3 leches.
If anyone needs the coupon code, PM me. It is good for today only.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Congrats Carlotta!

I vape too! I quit smoking in February. I have only smoked once when I ran out of liquid and I could not get to the vape store but went back to straight vape the next day when I was able to get to the store.

I used to smoke at least two packs a day and sometimes three on the weekend.

I have a Vision Spinner and I use Dragon King Smooth e-liquid which get from a local store. I started on 18mg but I am on 12mg now. Mine is just “smooth”. It is the closest I found to a Marlboro light.

I don’t use any flavors or other e-liquids, just the smooth.

I charge mine with a charger and I have never had a problem with exploding batteries. The only problem I have had is that cell phone chargers and vape chargers can have different voltage and I had a couple charging wires go bad because of this. I bought a new charger wire and the part that plugs into the wall straight from the vape store so I don’t have this problem anymore.

I don’t have anything fancy. I have two batteries and two tanks. My BF keeps poking me to get a fancy one or the kind with the removable battery but I am just not there yet. I don’t want to let my fingers off my money now that I have some extra because I vape..LOL
Old 11-17-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks for the invite Carlotta. I have been vaping for 3 years now and I firmly believe it is one of the greatest inventions of our time for quitting smoking. I started at 28mg and have worked my way down to 6mg now. I enjoy mostly tobacco flavours and the odd menthol.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
torquemax777

I don't know if e leaf and green leaf are the same, but I got the green leaf at a discount liquor and cigarette shop for $15 and the must have over 40 flavors! The liquids cost $6 a bottle and one bottle has filled my clear 1.6 ml chamber full 3 times already and the liquid in the juice bottle is still over half full! My husband got one also, and the way I figured, we basically only spent what it would cost for one or two (2 if they're cheap/generic) cartons of cigarettes and the e go cigarette and vapors are going to last at least 5 times longer than 2 cartons of cigarettes. AND, I only seem to have to charge it every other day even with very heavy use! The liquid in the chamber seems to last well over 2 days also, and I seem to be puffing on the thing WAY more than I puffed on cigarettes. I didn't like e cigarettes when they first came out, but with this Green leaf one, I can honestly say I prefer them over a cigarette. What's your favorite flavors? I like the fruity ones like peach and green apple, and my husband and mother in law looked at me funny when I bought the bubble gum flavor, but when they tasted it, they were both thinking it was yummy. They also have regular tabacco flavor, and menthol, as well as several types of coffee flavors. Anyway, for $15 for the cig, and $6 a bottle a bottle vape juice, you can't beat that value.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Hi Torquemax. It seems that people when they get started vape more than they smoke and it has to do with slower nicotine absorption from what I read. With vaping, the droplet of waters are bigger than smoke so it takes longer to get the nicotine in your system.
I received my honeyberry juice from Mt Baker yesterday and it is a nice smooth vape which taste of wild berries with some honey undercurrent.
I still prefer that generic pear one that my boss' gf gave me...too bad she can't remember where she got it.
I am expecting some white chocolate eliquid and also some Tres Leches, I can't wait .
My boss' likes Menthol and Tobacco flavors, I tasted what she vapes it is more cigaretty and I prefer the sweeter fruity ones.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Take a deep breath: Oxford Dictionaries has picked “vape” as its 2014 word of the year.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Take a deep breath: Oxford Dictionaries has picked “vape” as its 2014 word of the year.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Old 11-18-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Thanx Carlotta for the reply! I even wondered what is the nicotine equivalent of a cigarette; not because I want that much, but because I am curious as to how much I have actually cut back.? My juice seems to be labled different than usual. Like the highest available is 1.8% not labeled as 40mg or what seems to be mentioned in this thread. I don't understand what 1.8% or the 1.1% (the next level down) is equivalent to in Mg's? I am also relieved that there are less chemicals, but have wondered if propalene glycol is really bad? However, I notice that pg is also in deoderant and even some foods we eat: either way, the vapes have to be better than the hundreds of chemicals like arsinic and formaldehyde that are in cigarettes. Do you happen to know if my green leaf is the same as the e leaf? All I know is I am super impressed and satisfied that I found one for $15 that have $6 juices!!
Oh, and as a side note; I worked at a hospital for many years, a cancer doctor once told me that while nicotine isn't the best thing for us, it is actually the least dangerous chemical in a cigarette, it's all those other chemicals that are deadly. He said nicotine is kind of life caffeine in that we don't necessarily need it, and too much is definitely harmful, but in moderation, nicotine is no worse than caffeine. He said he would like it if his cancer patients could find a cigarette that only had nicotine and not the other chemicals. ( this was before e cigarettes existed.) That is probably why the doctor mentioned in a previous post was OK with the vapes.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

1.8% = 18mg/ml. Greenleaf is not the same as Eleaf ( a subsidiary of Joyetech). There isn't really an equivalent because the speed of absorption is different. The average vaper will use 3 to 5ml per day, so with 18mg that is 54 to 90mg of nic. Estimates are that you absorb about 30% (this can vary wildly with different setups), so 16 to 27mg per day when using 18mg strength.

Then again, you can extract 6 mg from a cigarette marked as 1 mg, so it's very very hard to compare.

You'll feel when you vape too much; you'll start feeling uneasy - just like with cigarettes really.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Thanks Chief for the reply. Still kinda confusing, and as you admitted, a little difficult to compare given the vast variables. Do you think you have an estimate of say, supposing we are the typical 3-5ml a day user, is that like smoking a pack a day? Or like 3-5 cigarettes a day? If I was better at math I could probably figure this out from your 1st reply, but....the fill line on my chamber reads 1.6ml, I usually smoke half of that 1.6ml a day, sometimes more, but I never have to refill it until the next day or day after, however, when I smoked cigarettes (3 days ago I went to only vapes) I always smoke at least a pack, usually a pack and a half. I just wondered how much I have cut back on nicotine only vaping half of 1.6ml of e juice?
Old 11-18-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I am as confused as you are Torquemax and hopefully ChiefBromden can shed some lights but the lady at the Vape store told me that a 12oz bottle of 12mg eliquid is the equivalent of a carton of medium cigarettes.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

There's no real way to compare. I usually suggest really heavy smokers start at 24 and go down slowly. I'm at about 11, I can and have gone to 0, but I don't like the taste below 11. Above 24 it starts to taste pretty peppery. I'm not sure I've seen it sold anywhere in quite a while, but there were a few I knew in the way back when that needed 48 to get off smokes. If you start feeling a little sick to your stomach or lightheaded, you are probably getting too much nicotine, and should chill out on the vaping frequency or use a lower mg juice.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

There's a whole lot of variation in nicotine uptake from any source. Even how you smoke/vape. I have taught myself to vape like I used to smoke a good cigar: with minimal inhaling, just puffing. I get less out of 18 mg. juice than someone who deep lungs the stuff like they did cigarette smoke.

Best advice I heard was first do what satisfies you and taper off from there.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Wow! A very insightful and informative thread!