Notices

24 hour NO nicotine/smoking club part 6

Old 12-12-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Thank you guys!
Yes Blue I smoked a lot while typing on here. I would go out to stand by the back door of my porch, since I never smoke in my house. So typing on here is triggering. I can do more of it in the mornings, but the cravings become very strong towards the end of the day. Maybe that was when I smoked more? Hang in there with me ok? Thanks Butter!

DG thank you! Your support means a lot! I remember all three of your quits. Read all your threads! I couldn't figure out how you got thru cigs though? That was hard for me to comprehend! I'm barely hanging on guys! But boy do I want a puff! Please remind me? When do these cravings subside?

Ok....I'm at day 6 so another 24 for me after 8:00 pm tonight. Congrats to everyone here!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Still hanging in there Clean?? I think it's hard to say exactly when the cravings subside because they kind of slowly disappear. They start becoming less and less frequent and also less and less powerful. And I think it varies a little from person to person. But it does get better.

Cigarettes were the first thing I quit, and it took me a ton of tries. I didn't know anything about addiction or about recovery when I first started trying to quit smoking, but I was determined. I joined a quit smoking forum and that helped a lot- reading what other people said and learning as much as I could.

No smoking for me today.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Well done everyone who's having a go at quitting. I am on day 108 now although it's not completely been 100% off tobacco because I did smoke for one evening one month ago.

As someone elsewhere on this Forum noted, the brain automatically associates good memories with drinking and smoking. You have to change the way you think. Instead of thinking of the good times, think about the bad times. I think about the disgusting coughing that used to keep me awake EVERY SINGLE NIGHT FOR YEARS.

Also, look at smokers. They're not enjoying it.

Best thing I did was go and see my nurse and ask for proper professional help. THen I started getting accountable here and with my AA sponsor but that's another story.

I've got great respect for anyone who is quitting or at least properly trying to quit.

It's quite possible.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  
Administrator

And, we continue:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5081564