Notices

Class Of December 2022 Part One

Old 12-04-2022, 06:08 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Peke, honey, a plant-based diet does not mean you can't eat meat or fish. The idea is to eat low amounts of animal products. I worry that you are not getting enough nutrition, sweetie. s ❤️
Old 12-04-2022, 06:12 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Peke stick an earplug in that ear!TC , I know that all will be well with you this time around.
I need to break out of my state of apathy and try to get back into an old hobby today.
I'll pledge for today also
Old 12-04-2022, 06:16 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I hope you have a fabulous day, dear zenithboy! ❤️
Old 12-04-2022, 06:54 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I will say that messing up was key to understanding the SEVERITY of my problem. I WANTED sobriety before. Now I understand that I NEED it.

So I want it and need it. I’m going to live in it!

Good luck with your hobby today, Zenith!
Way to go, Meshelly and Runner!
I’m glad you are here, venuscat!
Old 12-04-2022, 12:56 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

So I drank last night but that's because I didn't tell anyone I wanted to stop and mum came over with wine.. I told her when she left though.
So day 1 again..
Old 12-04-2022, 01:16 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Mondays are good for fresh starts—onward together, dearest Red ❤️❤️
Old 12-04-2022, 01:40 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome ToughChoices

D
Old 12-04-2022, 04:43 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi Venus!
Thank you for your concern. I went to brunch with a friend today. And I ate a lot!! They have these huge slices of bread with avocado and tomatoes on them. I also had a large mocha! It was so good.

Today I saw my friend fro brunch. Then I went to visit my friend’s boat. He bought it second hand and he’s put a lot of work into it. He offered me a beer. But I had tea. So that was good. I think keeping busy with friends is a good move for now.

Just wanted to share this. Last night at 4am I got sick. I was throwing up. This happened before, but I had been drinking. So I’m not sure what this is about. Probably just a bug. I hope that my drinking hasn’t caused any kind of serious GI issues. I sure didn’t drink that frequently. Or that much?? But who knows.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:44 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Red thanks for letting us know what happened. Let’s try to stay sober together.
Old 12-04-2022, 05:44 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

I’m glad you had a nice visit with your friend, Peke!

I get nervous about little illnesses/ailments here and there, too. In all likelihood it was just some viral ick, but checking with the doctor isn’t a bad idea - especially if the symptoms continue. I can get myself really worked up about stuff that turns out to be no big deal.

Thinking of you!
Old 12-05-2022, 03:07 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 64. Made it through family weekend ok. Moderate drinking going on with them but no one asked why I wasn’t. Must be they think I shouldn’t be drinking. Best to all today.
Old 12-05-2022, 06:11 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

2 days sober but I’m sick of my neighbours the police the patients the drivers my family and the hospital they keep bloody throwing withdrawals I hate them it’s hard to keep sober around them
Old 12-05-2022, 08:31 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Sober54 - Glad you are here! Glad you chose to not wait - you'll be so much further than you planned when New Year's Day arrives!
Bobdrop - Glad you are feeling better. Great job staying consistent!
RunnerF - Great job getting through the family stuff! Day 64 is awesome!
MeShelley - Way to get past that AV! Shopping was always a trigger for me too. Keep going!
BassetDog - Sober sleep is the best.
Pekelover - Wild orange tea sounds awesome. Blueberry tea is one of my favorites. You freaking rock.
Macaroni1234 - Glad you are here. This is the place to be.
Toughchoices - I'm happy you got right back. Welcome to our class!
Zenithboy88 - What type of hobby are you looking at starting?
Red78 - Hugs. I'm glad you let your mum know. It's a lot easier with support of family and friends.
Misstqueent - I understand that people around you are driving you to drink. They are not worth your sanity or your sobriety. Congratulations on day 2.

Hey - Dee, Suze, Caramel - thanks for all of your continued support!

Day 57. I had a very peaceful and quiet weekend. That never happens and I enjoyed it a lot.

Have a great Monday, sober friends.
"I see your fear, and it's big. I also see your courage and it's bigger. We can do hard things, baby. We are fireproof." - Glennon Doyle
Old 12-05-2022, 08:55 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I am so happy to hear that, dear Bobbi. ❤️
Old 12-05-2022, 08:57 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning to everyone. We can all do this together.
Old 12-05-2022, 08:59 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Yes we can, dearest ST!!! ❤️
Old 12-05-2022, 09:17 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hello, all, and Happy Monday.

After making a brief appearance here almost ten years ago, I have quietly lurked now and then while flirting, at best, with real sobriety. After using the Pandemic's enforced isolation -- coupled with a new "work at home" status -- to become an everyday drinker, my consumption dramatically increased over the last year. I have to stop, I know it, but these days I regularly find myself drinking against my own will.

I have avoided real consequences for too long, and I know that a real reckoning is inevitable if I keep this up: Sooner rather than later (there have been some close calls). Real opportunities, of a life-changing quality, will likely be lost if/when that occurs, and I can't let that happen. There is too much at stake.

So I'm back. Hopefully on my way to becoming a regular on the site. Sobriety really, really needs to "stick" this time. Thanks to all for making that a possibility by providing this forum.

Old 12-05-2022, 09:21 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good morning.
I feel really good today. I have so much energy and I want to do everything all at once. This is when my AV gets loud. Because when I don't accomplish all the things that I want to do, I get myself stressed out, and want to drink so I don't see it. How dumb is that? lol
Today I'm going to try something different. I'm not worry about it. I'm going to do what I can today in the moments I have, and leave the rest for tomorrow. It's not like the mess is going anywhere anyway. It'll wait for me.
Day 5 AF
Day 77 caffeine free

Old 12-05-2022, 09:25 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sobertoday, yes, we're all on this journey together.

Meshelly, I had to strive for balance in all parts of my life in early recovery. It sounds like you are doing that too, and it's a good thing. Do what you can, and leave the rest, guilt-free.

Stalwart, welcome back!
Old 12-05-2022, 09:29 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stalwart View Post
Hello, all, and Happy Monday.

After making a brief appearance here almost ten years ago, I have quietly lurked now and then while flirting, at best, with real sobriety. After using the Pandemic's enforced isolation -- coupled with a new "work at home" status -- to become an everyday drinker, my consumption dramatically increased over the last year. I have to stop, I know it, but these days I regularly find myself drinking against my own will.

I have avoided real consequences for too long, and I know that a real reckoning is inevitable if I keep this up: Sooner rather than later (there have been some close calls). Real opportunities, of a life-changing quality, will likely be lost if/when that occurs, and I can't let that happen. There is too much at stake.

So I'm back. Hopefully on my way to becoming a regular on the site. Sobriety really, really needs to "stick" this time. Thanks to all for making that a possibility by providing this forum.
Welcome back, dear Stalwart! ❤️