Notices

Class Of December 2022 Part One

Old 12-05-2022, 02:15 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Oh Stalwart! That’s the worst isn’t it? Visiting my mother at a facility and knowing what was coming soon wasn’t something I could deal with so I’m amazed at your courage and capability to do so. Every time I visited I’d immediately come home home and drink a glass -or more- of wine. I’m so sorry you’re going through this ❤️

But you’re much stronger than I was, 3 days is fantastic! Keep it going x
Old 12-05-2022, 02:20 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Hello Decembers! This is going to be a great month.
It is! Are you by chance a Zep fan?

I’ve never asked but have always wondered
Old 12-05-2022, 02:20 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hi Dee! x
Old 12-05-2022, 02:25 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Sorry everyone relapsed I think I’m angry at everyone I can be sober by myself I’ve made 6 weeks before I know I can do I don’t hate my family it’s just the voices and tactile hallucinations **** me off I keep my heart guarded at all times and say really mean things because they make me angry and usually I’m a lovely person I don’t want to get hurt again like my ex boyfriend przmerk hurt me I hold so much pain and suffering in me and need just to talk to an empathic person who is condescending or sarcastic with their stupid comments hope you all have a good sober day
Old 12-05-2022, 02:53 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Oh Misstqueent ❤️, We’ve all relapsed and lashed out with angry words that were not who we were. I haven’t met you yet but I’ll be happy to talk with you whenever you need someone to listen. It was very courageous of you to come back after relapsing and I’m sure you are a very lovely and loving person.. you’ve just been hurt. So have I but try not to let it ruin loving and caring about yourself and others. I know easier said than done but you can do it. I know you can x
Old 12-05-2022, 02:59 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Yes, KittenKat, watching a parent's end of life is awful, especially when it is drawn out. My Mom has been on hospice care for a couple of months, and she is just so weak & frail. Can't imagine how her body keeps on going.

ANYWAY . . . TYSM for the moral support. I hope you have a good night.
Old 12-05-2022, 03:01 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

we're all here to listen misstqueent

best wishes thoughts and prayers to you and your mom Stalwart

D

Old 12-05-2022, 04:53 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
we're all here to listen misstqueent

D
So true Misstqueent, we’re all here for you x
Old 12-05-2022, 05:03 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Stalwart, I know. I really do. You have a good night too. Sober! 😁 You’ve got this, really.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:48 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hi guys!

I’ve been absent and planning on doing a proper post where I can acknowledge every single one of you because I appreciate each and everyone of you. But I just haven’t had the time or technical ability. It’s too hard on my iPhone. Been super busy! I had Bryce (grandson) all last week band then this weekend we had to move my Father in law to a different floor at the care facility he lives at.

day 13 here. Worked a night shift last night, slept today and then another night shift tonight.

Still dealing with my fear and anxiety re doctors. I did book the labs appt last week. Didn’t have as much anxiety over it as I had anticipated. My appt for the labs is Wednesday Dec 7 at 12:00. Just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other. I called today and found out that at least I don’t have to fast so I can drink coffee or tea before hand. Doubt I’ll have an appetite to eat before hand.

My hearing still hasn’t improved much but have been told it can take time. Going to see an audiologist and get hearing aids once I’m through tests and results. That is my reward to myself.

congrats to everyone on their milestones and to all who are struggling I send you all my support and positive vibes.

Jojo
Old 12-05-2022, 08:29 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone and prayers to everyone who is struggling hope Christmas is nice for everyone I don’t know my psychosis is affecting my alcoholism I’m hearing people talk about me and my family everywhere I go and I get them shaking me when I’m sober the only way it stops is if I drink which is sad really hate this disease maybe I need to go to hospital but I don’t know feel like the nurses and doctors wre against me and I’m living in England btw
Old 12-05-2022, 10:20 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have said it before but I think meds are a way better way to deal with psychosis than drinking misstqueent. I hope you'll find a way to get to see a nurse or a doctor for help. Maybe someone could go with you?

D
Old 12-06-2022, 03:07 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Halg

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Thanks guys - welcome aboard

D
Hi Dee
do I have to join or just post?
Thanks
Old 12-06-2022, 03:35 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 65. Very challenged at work. Taking it day by day.
Old 12-06-2022, 03:37 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Welcome Swordfish. Just jump right in.
Day 11 here. Just got another test result. Very low on B12. It does explain some issues I've been having. Just more evidence that now that I'm in my 60's, my body just can't take the abuse that I've put it through for so long.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:08 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Swordfish1 View Post
Hi Dee
do I have to join or just post?
Thanks
Welcome to the group, dear Swordfish! ❤️
Old 12-06-2022, 06:31 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Good morning, all! I'm glad you guys are here with me.

I'm working on ridding myself of shame after a slip. Doing a lot of reading and praying and feeling moments of great clarity regarding some of the deep insecurities that underly my addiction. I know that the action of "staying sober" matters more than figuring out the "why," but there definitely is a "why." I'd like to know myself better.

So, today, I'll say that mistakes give me more information about myself. It isn't always what I want to hear, but it's true. It's me. Ugly truth is better than pretty lies, because pretty lies ("I'm fine", "we're great", "no problem", "I'd love to", "don't worry") allowed me to break, quietly, without anyone taking notice.

I'm done with that life. My husband and I had some difficult talks last night. We're both afraid and hurt. I spoke my truth and prayed that he'd have some tiny amount warmth to offer me. Like, maybe he wouldn't hold my hand, but if he could just touch my finger, I could probably make it through.

We ended up laughing together and holding each other. All is not healed. That takes time and effort. But today, I am floored by the ABUNDANCE of God's provision in my moments of need.

Blessings to everyone working on improving their lives! You all are so worth it!
Much love,
TC
Old 12-06-2022, 06:34 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Good morning,

I started a list of things I want to get done yesterday, and every time something came to mind throughout the day I wrote it down. That seemed to help. That way they don't keep nagging me. Made me less anxious about getting everything done. I wrote it down and will get to it when I have a little time.

I stayed pretty busy and I never thought about drinking. yay! My list is growing but it's nice to see some stuff getting crossed off. Idle hands are the devils playground.

Thank you

Day 6 AF
Day 78 no caffeine.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:41 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

So much love, dear TC. s ❤️

I applaud you. That was brave of you to have that conversation. And I am so glad it was so healing. s

For me, the "why" was chemical. I believe my brain needed alcohol to function, and I had to break that cycle.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:44 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I am with you, Shelly—l use a daily planner, and I always write everything down. ❤️