Notices

Class Of December 2022 Part One

Old 12-25-2022, 03:03 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
I really will try. I guess I find it basically impossible with a drinking family. I wanna hug all the AA types but I just can't buy into the Higher Power ********. It's just so ******.
Oh Tet btw, I just noticed your above.
I'm not into AA myself,
Not about the higher power but other reasons.
I didn't mean to come off as a pushy Christian or something when I said I will keep you in my prayers.
I'm just wishing you the best
Old 12-25-2022, 05:30 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 84. Made it through Christmas Eve. Had a nice time. Bad storm in New England has damaged some of the property. Need to alter plans to deal with it. Blessed to have the property to begin with but truly blessed to have loyal people to help when in need.

Best to all who are struggling today. Please know all are here to support you.
Old 12-25-2022, 05:57 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas, everyone! Had a great, sober Christmas Eve. I focused on the FOOD! Happy holidays to all!
Old 12-25-2022, 06:14 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Old 12-25-2022, 07:33 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas!!! Had a lawyer start today but I woke up sober!

Normal Christmas mornings for me meant hangover. I needed that first mimosa to help me man the day. I don’t have to do that today!

Celebrating Christmas today on Day 19.
Old 12-25-2022, 07:59 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I really will try. I guess I find it basically impossible with a drinking family. I wanna hug all the AA types but I just can't buy into the Higher Power ********. It's just so ******.
I know exactly how you feel. I can identify as as strong atheist. AA Big Book 12-Steps, Book thumpers and the whole kit and kaboodal rubbed me raw. So at first I attended for my own selfish purposes. My AA program was meetings no steps or related stuff and staying sober 24-hours at a time. After a while of attending AA, low and behold I found like minded people there at the meeting. One fellow did his 12 steps on a matchbook cover <p>snicker</p> AA was helpful at the time. Now I do my own thingy to get some wellness.

Check out these AA agnostic/atheist websites.
https://aaagnostica.org/
https://www.aasecular.org/

Check-in pledge for another 24-hours sober Hi everybody

Staying sober busy, going out to eat with sis today and don't know who else is coming. Worked some recovery by helping another addict suffering and posting foe help hereat SR. I got some 24-hr daily post threads I do Work a program to benefit from some amazing results I have to tell you. Get You Some
Namaste.

Old 12-25-2022, 08:21 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Happy celebrations to everyone!

Takeaction - Way to go, sticking to your resolve! Even when family can be difficult to stomach, alcohol doesn't make them more palatable....it just makes us sick! Fresh-squeezed orange juice is much more delicious when it's not diluted with carcinogenic poison. I hope your holiday is lovely!

Oglsby - Isn't food incredible when you are 100 percent present to enjoy it? Our brains evolved to cherish and savor food, and it is much more delicious when I am tuned in enough to appreciate it! Great job! Merry Christmas!

Runner - I'm so sorry that your property was damaged, but I am heartened by your gracious attitude regarding the help of your friends. Isn't love amazing? Isn't life as good as we are willing to allow it to be? Your gratitude in the face of trial is commendable. Enjoy your time with loved ones!

Zenith - Don't you love the kitty-cat alarm? I hope that your cozy, yummy Christmas is delicious. You strike me as someone who is quite content with your own company, and that is such a lovely, rare trait. Stay warm and sober, friend!

Tetrax - I'll take your hug! AA isn't perfect, but it offered me a blueprint for HOW to make contact with the spiritual force I require to achieve lasting (grateful, exciting, only thing I want to do) sobriety. Not everyone has to take the same path, but I am incredibly grateful for the support of my AA fellows and the consistent, simple Big Book directions that did, in fact, result in a spiritual experience and complete alteration in my mindset regarding drugs/alcohol. I'm not saying it's a miracle?.......but it definitely feels miraculous. Just my experience. AA is a part of my recovery plan. I need a lot of tools.

Zencat - Happy Festivus! I hope the Airing of Grievances was good to you and cleansing for you! Did you see any amazing Feats of Strength? I read an interesting article about the Seinfeld writer who contributed the idea for Festivus. It turns out his father actually "invented" the holiday in their family, but it WASN'T funny at all. It was traumatic and it happened at random times throughout the year (whenever his dad was full of vitriol). The writer didn't want Festivus to be included in the show because he couldn't see any humor in it. I thought that was interesting - his proximity to the negativity removed all of the humor for him. He just saw his cranky, whiny, self-obsessed father. But it's funny to everyone else! Hope you have an awesome holiday and enjoy some great eats!

Dee, Suze, Anna - Thanks so much for stopping in here and contributing your wisdom and strength! You guys are a treasure, and I hope your holidays are BRIGHT!
Old 12-25-2022, 09:29 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Many of my AA friends over the years were not at all religious. For some folks in the rooms, GOD = good orderly direction, and the higher power, "a power greater than myself" is the group. Just saying.

Love to all of you ❤️💚
Old 12-25-2022, 04:15 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Today is day 6 for me I can’t believe I managed to stay sober on Christmas Day and it felt great even if I thought it would be a rubbish day I actually really enjoyed myself. I hope you’re all doing well and had a merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-2022, 04:53 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you had a good day misstqueent

D
Old 12-25-2022, 07:20 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Old 12-26-2022, 01:49 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Glad you had a good day misstqueent