Notices

Feel like I died

Old 05-21-2022, 09:22 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Let me first say..How do you become a member of the ostrich party? It sounds like my kind of thing.
Thank you for these replies, made me smile, as well as making me feel better about this thread I think yous explained why I do feel better when I write it. It's just I thought I was being a little self centred just coming here writing about me all the time.Sort of not contributing to anything. I don't feel qualified to give out much advice on here as I'm only nearly 3 weeks sober.
But if it's not grating on everyone I will 🙂 As it does help get things out of my head so I can sort them.
As sad as it sounds I think the little reassurance I am not boring everyone's socks off has helped! Thank you.

Talking of customer service, I rang my own energy provider today (the job I got was at an energy company). Infact I rang my energy provider for the last 3 days, they kept me on hold for nearly 2 hours each time then terminated the call.
Today I got through and asked why, while I was away, the meter took £3 (not including standing charge) when the only thing plugged in was my fridge freezer. The man I spoke to, said "the meter is never wrong" ????what?? The meter is obviously faulty! He then said twice, I must have left other things on, so basically called me a liar.
Eventually I got him to pass me through to someone who knew what they were talking about. All they said (no mention that they would refund the 70p they have been robbing me a day for about a year) they would replace my meter with a Smart meter. I don't want a Smart meter. They give off too much radiation. And they are ultra unreliable. He said that's the best they will do and hung up. Charming.

Old 05-21-2022, 09:31 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

PS Leshar, I don't feel very courageous I feel like a two year old in a 59 year old body, I'm an insecure wobbling mess haha
Old 05-21-2022, 01:57 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

You are doing great with your recovery pickled and I really enjoy reading your posts— you have a great sense of humor and lots of hard-won wisdom—

Old 05-21-2022, 08:30 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Well, this whole Ostrich thing has a real negative vibe in politics. So, when I actually looked it up earlier, I saw the definition and decided that I dont want to be associated with ignoring matters, but I also dont want to involve myself so much with all the matters. Im not coming from the political stance.

Then there is Technology and all the information we receive. It has its good but there is the other side to it as well. Its information overload and it just does not sit well with me or how I process.

I think I just like to be cut off in a sense which is why I thought of an Ostrich. No social media. Not really reading the news all the time with the exception of Johnny and his trial! JK.

So, I might have to rename my new Party that I am inventing but you can still be a part of it if you want. The "Im good without all the noise of the world party" ....... Anyways, I am getting lost now. Back to you.

Sorry to hear about your meter and the TERRIBLE and I mean TERRIBLE customer service you received. There is a solution. Im not sure what it is but the solution is there. You will find it!

Im so glad you came back to post. Your voice is needed here.
Old 05-21-2022, 11:02 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Thank you Hawkeye, that makes me feel better. I try to pretend I couldn't care less less what people think, but I do really! You'd think I would have outgrown that, but I haven't. When I was young, I thought that one of the plusses about about getting older is that you don't give a stuff what people think, but I think I must have skipped that stage 😆
It really is my aim, before I die, to have a few years where I don't give a stuff! But like it or not, I am a social person, and sometimes I don't like it, I want to be a rebel who stands alone, then I get lonely and want people who understand haha

Mizz..I'm up for "I'm good without all the noise of the world party" I feel government are really overstepping the mark lately. They should be here to serve us, not dictate to us.
They waste our money, giving backhanders to their friends with dodgy "contracts" and couldn't give a stuff about how people are struggling day to day. In England we pay 25% tax on wages NI which is sometimes as high as the tax.
£25 a week council tax. £7 a week water rates. NI which you pay all your working life WAS meant to be you retire at 60. They just put that up to 67 and age is rising. Seems they just want you to pay and die before you get what you are owed.
Everyone I know just wants more time with their kids and family, but they can't because they are paying to live.

Old 05-22-2022, 04:01 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

And, it drives me mad when people think health care is free in England. It's not, NI taken straight from your wages pays for it.
And the NHS is rubbish the last 2 years. It's practically shut down. It's all COVID centred.
My uncle recently died of cancer. He couldn't even get anyone to come and see to his catheter, he had to wait in A&E for 5 hours.

Honestly I have to turn away from so much injustice about the way this world is going. Sometimes I don't think I can do it.
Old 05-23-2022, 02:39 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

There is unfairness and injustice in everyone's life. There is always something out there to drag us down.
If we let it.
I agree with all you said But, there is very little we can do about those things. There is effort we can put towards changing some of it but once we do our part we need to Accept that it is now out of our control.

This has been Very hard for me but I will say the progress I have made has improved my life immensely.

There is still injustice and evil in this world but they will not keep me down.If I let them do that then they win. Not happening. I Will Win!

All that is a part of your AV trying to say "what's the use? Life ain't fair." Pretty soon its " we need, deserve, want, etc. a drink.

Nip it in the bud. Accept that we do not and cannot control the universe. But we don't have to let it control us either.
Old 06-01-2022, 11:55 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
now's the time

How are you doing, pickled?
Old 06-02-2022, 06:15 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Missing you and your posts