View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 09:22 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
pickled1

Let me first say..How do you become a member of the ostrich party? It sounds like my kind of thing.
Thank you for these replies, made me smile, as well as making me feel better about this thread I think yous explained why I do feel better when I write it. It's just I thought I was being a little self centred just coming here writing about me all the time.Sort of not contributing to anything. I don't feel qualified to give out much advice on here as I'm only nearly 3 weeks sober.
But if it's not grating on everyone I will 🙂 As it does help get things out of my head so I can sort them.
As sad as it sounds I think the little reassurance I am not boring everyone's socks off has helped! Thank you.

Talking of customer service, I rang my own energy provider today (the job I got was at an energy company). Infact I rang my energy provider for the last 3 days, they kept me on hold for nearly 2 hours each time then terminated the call.
Today I got through and asked why, while I was away, the meter took £3 (not including standing charge) when the only thing plugged in was my fridge freezer. The man I spoke to, said "the meter is never wrong" ????what?? The meter is obviously faulty! He then said twice, I must have left other things on, so basically called me a liar.
Eventually I got him to pass me through to someone who knew what they were talking about. All they said (no mention that they would refund the 70p they have been robbing me a day for about a year) they would replace my meter with a Smart meter. I don't want a Smart meter. They give off too much radiation. And they are ultra unreliable. He said that's the best they will do and hung up. Charming.