Notices

Life

Old 01-29-2022, 03:25 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Was your jaw broken from being hit by the truck? You've got a lot on your plate. Glad you're staying sober.
Old 01-29-2022, 09:26 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Anna-
Yes, my jaw is broken. It’s still hard to accept. It’s not as bad as you would think. It only hurts when I yawn and chew a lot of granola/nuts. I’m vegan so I eat a lot of soft foods. I think this is why I’m not in a lot of pain. Every once in a while I get this “zing” on the side of my face. So I will have to get the surgery at some point. The doctor said the incision is on the outside of the face. I would have thought that it would have been in the inside of the cheek. Thank you so much for writing to me. I appreciate it so much.
Advbike-
Its been so wonderful to have my husband sober with me. Maybe sometime soon we’ll start riding together again. Thank you so much for checking in with me.
Free-
I needed that laugh tonight! Thank you so much!! I need to see the ortho for the torn quad, the oral surgeon for the jaw, and a hand surgeon for my finger. I’m sorry to add “one more thing”….but the MRI showed a “bulky” uterus. I was diagnosed with endometriosis in ‘97. I’ve had seven surgeries for endometriomas. I’m hoping that it’s just that: another larger endometrioma. Thank you so much for reminding me that all of these surgeries are uncomplicated. It could be a lot worse!!

surrendered-
When I drink my body suffers so much. My healing goes back two steps for each one that I’ve taken forward. I need to stay on track. It’s Saturday night. A part of me thought that my AV might appear. But if it did, I didn’t hear it. Thank you so much for your kind reply.

Thank you all for caring about me. It means so much to me. I’m trying.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:58 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Least-
I had bad TMJ on one side prior to the accident. The accident made it worse. ❤️
Old 02-01-2022, 08:47 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

How are you doing, Peke?

I hope all is going well (as well as can be, considering..)
Old 02-01-2022, 09:12 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Just read this thread. You are very brave Pekelover. I wonder if maybe the doctor was being deliberately blunt or harsh in the hope that when your surgeries and subsequent physio rehab is finished it might look better than you feared even if not exactly as it did before you got hit.

Good luck and massive congratulations for stating sober.

Edit. I almost forgot - the problem of vehicles injuring cyclists has been an ongoing issue here in Britain and just this last couple of days (29th Jan) there have been some changes to our Highway Code that slightly changes the hierarchy of road users in favour of pedestrians and cyclists. It is far too early to know if it has made a difference but fingers crossed.
Old 02-01-2022, 09:47 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Wow Peke that is a lot to deal with. Good for you and your strength. Many many years ago..probably in the mid 40s my Dad broke his jaw playing football. He had to have his wired closed for a long time I guess and could only eat through a straw.
Old 02-03-2022, 12:56 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Saoutchik-
thank you so much for what you wrote. I hope that the new changes in the Highway Code in British protect pedestrians and cyclists. That’s wonderful to hear!! Thank you for your support.
Alpine-
thank you so much for your kind words. They mean a lot to me.

Hi advbike-
I’m doing okay! I did a six mile hike today. I’m actually more sore now because I got in all fours and cleaned our floors! But I need to get back to my chores and tasks. Had a 4.3 mile run the day before yesterday. Pace was awful (11:30 on road). But I have to be patient now. I sure miss my bike. Will start shopping soon.

Heres an update for anyone interested:
my husband goes in for his CT scan. We’re trying to determine the source of the blood in in urine. Praying it’s a kidney stone stuck in the ureter.
As for myself, I see my gynecologist to determine what’s causing the mystery bleeding. I’m terrified. I’ve had endometriosis since ‘97. We’ll see.
Finger surgery, jaw surgery, possible quadriceps surgery, and revision of my other knee scar surgery. And then all of these other tests in the balance. I’m so scared. I’m trying to ignore my AV. I wish my dogs were here. (They’re at a friends as we’re leaving to go out to town for my cousins funeral).
I’m soooo sorry to be such a venting mess here. I’m just so scared. That’s what you get when you’ve been healthy for so long. I swear, I never took my health fro granted. I’ve been a runner for 23 years. I’m the kind of person who brings their shopping cart back the the store and doesn’t leave it outside in the cart station. I feel that’s lazy.
Old 02-03-2022, 01:11 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you get good news on all fronts PL

D
Old 02-03-2022, 01:29 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee!
Old 02-03-2022, 06:33 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Wishing you the very best and that running pace is great after all you have gone through and are currently dealing with.
Old 02-03-2022, 08:42 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

You certainly have a lot to deal with, Peke, but you are strong, and I admire your resilience! Glad you're able to run again and soon to be back on a bike. In case you are not aware of it, we have a fitness thread in another part of the board, where we post and discuss our workout activities - you are welcome to join in if you like. I find it quite motivating.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-2022-a-8.html
Old 02-03-2022, 09:46 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the update. You've got a lot to deal with Peke and it's scary. I don't like 'not knowing' regarding health issues.

Don't apologize for coming here to vent. We're here for you.
Old 02-03-2022, 04:34 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sending you hugs for healing.
Old 02-04-2022, 06:28 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Peke, checking in to see how you are doing. I have been coming her more often just to vent or ramble which has helped me.
Old 02-05-2022, 12:04 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
That’s what you get when you’ve been healthy for so long. I swear, I never took my health fro granted. I’ve been a runner for 23 years. I’m the kind of person who brings their shopping cart back the the store and doesn’t leave it outside in the cart station. I feel that’s lazy.
I see you are dealing with life challenges that everyone deals with at some point in time in their life. Bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people and then there is all of the in-between. Life surely does have its own set of ideas that may or may not agree with our own life ideas.

I am sorry that you are dealing with so much at all once. Overcome each challenge as it presents itself. One challenge at a time. Never be defeated. Live in and find the solution. At least that is what I am working towards as I face my own set of health challenges and life challenges. Learning gratitude, being humble, appreciation and knowing how privileged I am to have excellent health care, a good surgeon at an exceptional medical facility. "Why not me." I am one of 7.5 billion people. There is a lot of gratitude for the challenges I am facing. These challenges are changing my life, my heart and bringing me closer to my spiritual practice.

I just want you to know you are not alone. This community is here for you. Keep on moving forward. Sobriety is a gift. We can all do hard things. We can do these hard things with the help of our community and IRL supporters. We got this! I do hope you are taking it one day at a time.
Old 03-01-2022, 12:28 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

How are you Peke?? Hope you are continuing to heal up and are well.