Notices

New year challenge

Old 03-26-2022, 07:59 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Well today has turned into a complete downer, my beautiful otter friend was most likely knocked down and killed 😪😪😪😪 and thrown back into the little stream that i pass everyday while walking to work. It might also not have been able to find its way back to the river through the maze of pipes under the town, regardless Im really sad 😔 😔 ,it gave me such a buzz of excitement to see it and for it to come into town even more so. RIP little friend. This was not the shot i wanted to put up of you 😭😭😭😭
Old 03-26-2022, 08:10 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

That sucks
Old 03-26-2022, 09:59 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

I am so, so sorry, AL. That is heartbreaking.
Old 03-26-2022, 12:21 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Sorry, AL. It sounded like you didn’t need that right now. RIP, little guy. Hopefully your next few walks will be a lot more pleasant.
Old 03-26-2022, 01:01 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I feel bad for the poor fella 😕 Otters are so together as a family unit id bet the others are calling looking for him/her.
Old 03-27-2022, 05:21 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Angus above. Its another beautiful morning. Clocks went an hour forward so its hard to get the brain in the time zone. I think my worst experience was San Francisco 8 hours behind our time but the body clock adjusted. My dad being a sailor a long ago talked about passing over the international date line while sailing from Asia to south America that was definitely a head wrecker. Enjoy your Sunday everyone whatever time zone you are in.
Old 03-27-2022, 05:30 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Having been chased by a bull albeit a fairly docile one without horns, I’m wary of cows in general. Ironically, a very aggressive sheep ram wanted to do battle with me another time, but I wasn’t overly fazed due to its size. By far the biggest danger where I walk now is the mountain bikers
Old 03-27-2022, 06:29 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Ahhhh, AL 🤓❤️

Soooo beautiful! I find such solace in your pics. A few posts back, the Jurassic park birds, are they geese of some kind? Or herons?

I would name the wildlife familiar to me, like the beloved otter.

When I lived at a place with a large pond in back, to mallards came every year and swam and foraged together. I’m SURE they were partners 😬😁. I called them Bruce and Sam.

When I moved here to CO, they must have followed me, for they swim in the nearby creek.

Much love and hugs from across the miles,I’m a plant lover too, and I stalk your posts with Sharon and Purps 🌳🌱🪴🌿🌸💐🍄🥀
Old 03-27-2022, 06:45 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Someones pet Geese Free, their so loud its kinda spooky, they move them around the garden so i dont see them every day but i can easily hear them.
As for the cows they are all starting to appear outside again after being housed for winter. They will strip this field in a week of grass before moving onto the next and then most likely become a local burger. Its mainly dairy though around here.
Old 03-27-2022, 09:23 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

AL, love the cow scene. I saw a similar scene on my walk yesterday, in the California hills near the ocean.
Old 03-27-2022, 11:33 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Its D Day and im so nervous, ive an interview for a new job this morning at 9am online they tell me it might take 90 minute's. I haven't had one for 15 years and the last one was only a chat to let me know i had the job.
What am i doing to myself😅. Fingers crossed and see what happens ive done my homework and studied the company . I know this wouldn't have been happening before, so ive nothing to llose.I still have a job with a future but this would be a pretty big financial uplift for my family so no pressure 😀. Off we go.
Old 03-28-2022, 12:32 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Good luck AL48!
Old 03-28-2022, 04:08 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Good luck Al!
Old 03-28-2022, 04:19 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Well that was brutal 😅. Thats all i can say about that. I will move on and see what happens when they get back to me.
So i went for a walk and listened to some comedy to take my mind off it. I dont think i would be doing that to often. I laughed when my fitbit was showing zone minutes and i hadn't moved. My poor heart must have been racing😅. Thankyou for the well wishes.
Old 03-28-2022, 06:23 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Were they a bit nasty? The only TV I watch(ed) over here is BBC’s The Apprentice where 15 (?) young entrepreneurs (?) perform tasks each week with the final winner getting £250k from Alan Sugar. It’s trashy reality TV at its worst. I am angry that I waste 30 minutes of my life watching it (on catch up so I can fast forward the boring bits). Anyway, they’ve just had the interviews. The interviewers know the nastier they are, the higher the ratings, and the editing obviously makes things worse. I just think in real life, there’s no need to be like that. Interviews are a two-way affair, and a nasty interviewer should be a red flag.

Hope it works out, AL.
Old 03-28-2022, 06:28 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Awwwe, AL. It’s all good…. Either they liked you, or they didn’t. I remember when I went to nursing school, our of 1000 applicants for 55 slots, 200 of us made in person interviews. I was asked what I did for stress relief. I said jokingly, “I hit my child!” 😂

🧐🤨😳. Ooops. I didn’t hit my child for fun or stress relief, and I saw my error immediately, Not the time for funnies I guess, and at that time, long ago, smacking your child for will behavior was ok. (I was beat for wring doings, and I turned out GREAT!

Anyway, I got in, stating that dry and horrible humor was my stress relief right after my blurb. I had along and satisfying career.

The right job will come at the right time for you 🙏🏼🤓❤️
Old 03-28-2022, 08:43 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Im fine now the first interview was behaviour based, questions for 45 minutes of torture then a second general interview another 45 minutes which was fine but i was so flustered with the first one i cant remember what i said😅.
The interviewer's were nice Hodd not at all like that rubbish on tv 😁
Anyway went for a walk to calm the nerves and it seems to have settled them down.
Went to the the city afterwards to buy a present for my wife her birthday is this weekend and passed under the old unused viaduct which serviced West Cork from the city. Some mighty engineering. There used to be a competition to throw a bowl over it before ( its a metal ball look up road bowling its mad) its an irish thing you'd see in the countryside Not for me though.
Old 03-28-2022, 11:49 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

I'm sure you did fine in the interview, AL. It's normal to feel anxious and beat ourselves up later.

Really sorry about your otter friend.
Old 03-28-2022, 01:47 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Thanks Advbike my family seems to have the same opinion but time will tell.
You know im really ok with whatever happens. I can honestly say im really content with my life at the moment, its the current job that gets to me a bit but i can handle it a lot better than before.
So a cure these days as you know is a quick walk by my beloved river before i go to bed and of course have everything ready for the morning but thats me🙂.
Goodnight all.
Old 03-28-2022, 02:32 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

The interviewer's were nice Hodd not at all like that rubbish on tv 😁”

Now you’ve done it, AL. That was one of the highlights of my week 🤣 Alan Sugar is hilarious.